Ndn's '79 Xmas Bud

• Thread starter Shamus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Lookin' good Shamus! I have some of the Xmas tree and the '88G13/Hp going as well as some Panama Black/Cherry Cake and Humbolt Black Indica started. All fm Ndn He isn't well and I and a few others have been gifted the most of his seed collection to preserve as he is too ill to garden. My brother is one of a kind and has been a stellar asset to this community. His dedication,knowledge and generosity are the stuff of legend. Enjoy his gifts. LPR, Loran

@Loran im very happy to hear you got some of those black indica, did you get a chance to grow some out ? the line definitely seemed to have some promise

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Xmas bud lives on !!

IMG 0670
IMG 0669

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

lol now thats funny. I havent talked to him in awhile. was keeping an eye on the progress with the skunk and xmas bud... again congrats on the score. some gems in there im sure. super jelly. best wishes

Thanks bro , these were actually from the remaining original Xmas bud seeds, the selection was a little bigger with these compared to the ones shamus had. The parents used in the seeds he has actually had intersex traits with both females used to make the seeds. These all seemed to be stable with no issues at all. I don't want to get myself in trouble but there are plenty of these to get spread around. As long as people share them freely I will be happy.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Loving this thread, honestly this is why i joined the farm, to see preservation projects, and also try and source some of the more elusive genetics, the holy grail of grails for me, brings me right back to my early childhood, and smoking that sweet sweet pine.
This is a terpene analysis of Balsam Fir(Abies balsamea)
Monoterpenes are the most important products (>95% of the total). β-Pinene and δ-3-carene are the main components (38% and 12%, respectively). Oxygenated compounds such as bornyl acetate (9%), α- and β-terpineol (1.5%) and thymol (0.45%) were also observed in smaller amounts. From the individual composition of these oils, it is concluded that all the members may be divided into two different groups (chemotypes). The first group is rich in δ-3-carene (18.7%, σ = 5.3), while the second group contains only a small percentage of this monoterpene (0.72%, σ = 0.50). The same kind of division was observed with thymo.

It would be awesome to get some of these strains tested to see what there terpene content is, as i remember, it was a sweet pine/ fir smell, not very offensive, much more inviting and pleasent.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Yea if possible I think I would cross it to something similar like an old school afghan/indica. Was thinking Deep chunk, or a proper Northern Lights, all would be tough to find, but could possibly increase the potency and retain all the earthy sweet pine smell.

Ive talked to some people who have gotten piney phenos of Kosher Kush, if a strong subtle kush pheno was found id go with that, but I really wouldnt wanna sacrafice any of the sweet oine traits with something like Limonene, not to say it dosent have its place, but any limonene and it would simply become to similar to the lemon pine-sol scent of OG.

B

Burned Haze

your report sounds good, Thanks for making this journal and repping it up!
Well subbed for the future ! looked over almost every post on your journal. dankity dank sounding indeed!

Shamus

Shamus

thats why i fuckin popped a lot.. lol
you have no idea what ive been doing dude..

just cuz im not on here doesnt mean im not shuckin n jivin.
and there was a lot more than just that.

ive hit up several people via several different mediums trying to stay in touch to throw stock.

@Calixylon
Suges' Pure Kush x xmas
xmas x that one thing
n hhwhat not.
i have yet to grow any out tho..

also have some clusterfunk stuff sitting around too

Shamus

Shamus

~(xmas bud x skunk) x (TPKs1
~clusterfunk x xmas bud (there was a bit of a cross pollination on that one)
~TPKxskunk lol mmmmm
~pure lines in the ones it was possible.
~tons o' shit,
and i still have original stock left.

my defences kicked in when east coast started ragging on me, i havent heard from NDN in a while and working with his lines it feel like hes been a big part of my recent life.
all of his older stock i treasured because i knew that was a responsibility and one that i didnt take lightly.
then a lot of the stuff i know had been gifted back to him from his own donations i only saw fit to donate to people in many varying stages of life.
all of which will be cherished when grown out.

ill do a more complete log seeing as how ive smoked tens of phenos of XMAS BUD
not as many pictures as id like tho.. most were frosty, leafy dense formations

cant sleep, thought id check into here.
i shant make that mistake often

Last edited:
Calixylon

Calixylon

Sounds like you have been busy, im hoping to get some of these Xmas bud seeds, so i can do a backcross and gift some of the pure Bx out so the Xmas bud will remain available uncrossed in all its beauty. If you need any testers for some of those crossed id be more than happy to pop some, most likely wont get to them until early spring though, as i have some other plans in the works. I only ever recieved this strain grown outdoors, so it would be intresting to see it grown inside, your description of it being a leafier variety is how i remember it, alot of small sugar leaves that kind of wrapped the bud up, the ones you end up leaving on becasue alot of thrichomes and floavor is in them.

I hope everyone is unified on wanting to bring back the Xmas bud, theres gotta be a few folks out there who saved some seed stock, and id imagine that they will be slightly diff. @Shamus how far do you think the Xmas bud seeds you had were taken, was the Pine trait locked down and showing up in all phenos, or did you have to search for a stinker? Just curious if you thought that yours were completly IBL'd? Did you do a Clusterfunk xmass cross, i just got a pack of Clusterfunk id like to pop this summer

M

motz

Ah another Xmas revival there was 3 on another forum from 3 different folks. Lots and lots of Xmas beans round. Also a few hybrids mixed in with ghost og and a few others.

Anybody working on seedsman's dpd or other afropip strains on here. There rolling out on another forum, everywhere, decent breeding stock. Originals and 2's

Calixylon

Calixylon

sounds like people have just busted out the stock, and are being generous, also its a great terp profile. With todays folks wanting concentrates, these strains like xmas bud that arent notoriously heavy hitters can stand up fine, because there extracted making them plenty potent. The oil on pure xmas bud will just be insane, like almost to insane, like sweetpine funk, fir tree raping your senses kinda stuff

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Stop taking everything so serious @Shamus I'm just busting your chops LOL. The main thing is this line get preserved and spread around which is happening, it doesn't really matter who that person is

Last year at Icmag , Your post about bringing old school back just seemed a little egotistical and snobby so that's why I was riding you back then LOL. Sounded like you were trying to take credit for the preservation of these and that's just not true at all, It's been purely a group effort.

At the end of the day, these should belong to the people and shared far and wide for free, just like our friend would want. I just don't like seeing old genetics like this surface and be used to rape and pillage a persons wallet. No one person is that important and life is too short to be greedy. Light up the darkness, spread The love

~(xmas bud x skunk) x (TPKs1
~clusterfunk x xmas bud (there was a bit of a cross pollination on that one)
~TPKxskunk lol mmmmm
~pure lines in the ones it was possible.
~tons o' shit,
and i still have original stock left.

my defences kicked in when east coast started ragging on me, i havent heard from NDN in a while and working with his lines it feel like hes been a big part of my recent life.
all of his older stock i treasured because i knew that was a responsibility and one that i didnt take lightly.
then a lot of the stuff i know had been gifted back to him from his own donations i only saw fit to donate to people in many varying stages of life.
all of which will be cherished when grown out.

ill do a more complete log seeing as how ive smoked tens of phenos of XMAS BUD
not as many pictures as id like tho.. most were frosty, leafy dense formations

cant sleep, thought id check into here.
i shant make that mistake often

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Sounds like you have been busy, im hoping to get some of these Xmas bud seeds, so i can do a backcross and gift some of the pure Bx out so the Xmas bud will remain available uncrossed in all its beauty. If you need any testers for some of those crossed id be more than happy to pop some, most likely wont get to them until early spring though, as i have some other plans in the works. I only ever recieved this strain grown outdoors, so it would be intresting to see it grown inside, your description of it being a leafier variety is how i remember it, alot of small sugar leaves that kind of wrapped the bud up, the ones you end up leaving on becasue alot of thrichomes and floavor is in them.

I hope everyone is unified on wanting to bring back the Xmas bud, theres gotta be a few folks out there who saved some seed stock, and id imagine that they will be slightly diff. @Shamus how far do you think the Xmas bud seeds you had were taken, was the Pine trait locked down and showing up in all phenos, or did you have to search for a stinker? Just curious if you thought that yours were completly IBL'd? Did you do a Clusterfunk xmass cross, i just got a pack of Clusterfunk id like to pop this summer

These are IBL or very close for sure. I need to get some time to find pictures but there are a few. Between pics shamus posted of the second generation and the pictures from all the originals, it's clear that it's a true breeding strain. I see lots of similar characteristics, especially in the leaves.

Latest posts

Top Bottom