• Thread starter Shamus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shamus

Shamus

its some 1979 XMAS BUD beans he gave to a homie for a preservation project

ill be finding the best 5-10 selections out of these and making 1k's

:)

also just want to say mucho respect to NDN, i heard recently he wasnt feeling too well, i hope thats no longer the case. hes made so much flame its an honor to be a part of bringing back such a gem thats been gone for so long.

where ever you are ill have a fat sack of XMAS bud n beans for ya come time! lol

Last edited:
Shamus

Shamus

Good luck homie. I hope you find that Christmas tree. The beans couldn't come from a more credible source.

thank you man, im really excited to run these. from what i understand about the inital 5 beans or so that were popped the had a heavy pine/ pine lime taste that didnt translate into flavor.. however i think only 3 or so popped? 2 girls one dude. which isnt bad considering their age. so i figure if i hunt enough ill find some very nice ladies. then do better selections from there. i plan on working this line a long time.

props to the homie doc on doing the initial seed run too!

heres some of his pics of them

Jf4wWkAl

KViGvHll

Pinp0lBl

VQsj3Czl

Calixylon

Calixylon

Remember this being the tastiest smoke in my career, always grown outdoor, so I wonder how it will smell with a proper cure, balsalm fir, spruce needles, Christmas wreath, pine sol funk.

I really hope you isolate these flavonoids, I'm sick of super lemon funk wants me some backwoods, pine stinkers

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

Be careful and watch for sacks indoors as it is an older strain and I believe he stated they were better acclimated for OD. But im glad and appreciative that you jumped on these almost immediately, cant wait to see a larger pool. They are deff worth the effort for preservation!

straydogOG

straydogOG

God bless ndn.... last I herd from him, nov 29th..

bro sorry for disappearing my laptop got the blue screen of death some bootup thing and just finally got an old computer going .....got an old xp os thing going no support on internet till i get my laptop fixed somehow tell bro's i'm still livin ok tre and others if u see them ty...ndn

Shamus

Shamus

Nice and frosty!i love the look of a seeded females with the resin encrusted calyxs bursting open(as long as it's intentional)simply gorgeouse.got some 88 g13 hp crossed to bubba kush from HM.

I'm super excited, his 88g13hp is straight kill bill
Thanks for stopping in

Remember this being the tastiest smoke in my career, always grown outdoor, so I wonder how it will smell with a proper cure, balsalm fir, spruce needles, Christmas wreath, pine sol funk.

I really hope you isolate these flavonoids, I'm sick of super lemon funk wants me some backwoods, pine stinkers

This is what I grew up on :)

Be careful and watch for sacks indoors as it is an older strain and I believe he stated they were better acclimated for OD. But im glad and appreciative that you jumped on these almost immediately, cant wait to see a larger pool. They are deff worth the effort for preservation!

Yeah he said one pheno thrower some male bits late into flower.. That's really OK tho plus the seeds were ANCIENT. Large pool indeed my friend 50 of the big pea sized beauties just showed up on a homies door step :)

@N8tive Farmer is good people. I hope his health is getting better. Much love brother, wherever you are. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Good vibes :)

God bless ndn.... last I herd from him, nov 29th..

bro sorry for disappearing my laptop got the blue screen of death some bootup thing and just finally got an old computer going .....got an old xp os thing going no support on internet till i get my laptop fixed somehow tell bro's i'm still livin ok tre and others if u see them ty...ndn

That's a bummer about his computer, I'm gonna send him a email at some point here

We'll I got 50 seeds to run.. Of 79 XMAS BUDDDD! Yeah buddy

D

davidian

Some kind of funny business going on here! No offense Shamus it's not your fault!

That taste you describe, pine and limes, along with those pictures make me have no doubt that the 79' Xmas bud you have is the SAME EXACT genetics as the Ancient Afghan that Grindhouse seeds released a few years ago.
I mean those pics look exactly, and I'm saying EXACTLY like you came into my garden a couple years ago and took pics of my AA growing, LOL. Trust me I'm not saying this to create waves, I just have a photographic memory.
I wish I still had budshots on my computer to show you but they are long gone.

Shamus

Shamus

Some kind of funny business going on here! No offense Shamus it's not your fault!

That taste you describe, pine and limes, along with those pictures make me have no doubt that the 79' Xmas bud you have is the SAME EXACT genetics as the Ancient Afghan that Grindhouse seeds released a few years ago.
I mean those pics look exactly, and I'm saying EXACTLY like you came into my garden a couple years ago and took pics of my AA growing, LOL. Trust me I'm not saying this to create waves, I just have a photographic memory.
I wish I still had budshots on my computer to show you but they are long gone.

You do realize your saying NDNguy is a liar right?

Get tha fuck outta here n don't come back :)

D

davidian

No I'm not.

I'm saying that along the line, somebody is being less than truthful.

Calm down, LOL!

Shamus

Shamus

No I'm not.

I'm saying that along the line, somebody is being less than truthful.

Calm down, LOL!

So when NDN gave people Ik the heirloom afghan warlord, Xmas buds and plenty of other heirloom varieties to do a preservation project.. those individuals kept the seeds (when they went out of their way to make it a community project in the spirit of the generosity of the site to begin with)and they then kept the beans and gave out fake grind house gear?

Yeah that makes sense. Lol

Once again, your wrong.

Just because u had an old afghan that sounded similar and looked similar (oh wow that's a surprise) you say these are fakes?

To me those pics look like an OG, and the smell profile sounds like a OG too

So that means they must be whack ass Cali connection gear? Right?

I will not calm down because the people u are knocking are some of the most generous and honest folks I've ran into on these forums.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Dude the Xmas bud I had wasn't lemon pine this was balsalm fir, pine sol funk. Sweet fir needles, like a grove of evergreen trees.

Also cannabis is a unique plant but not unique enough to look at three pics an difinitivly say "that's the same afghan I had back in the day"

Hope this preservation is a success because this is my top all time white elephant, good luck fellas
D Mac

O

Okdogg

I was gifted some clones from a buddy up in NY state and he called the strain Xmas Tree. He has been running this strain since the 70's. I'm not sure if its the same but mine look similar to your pics and the description is dead on. It smells like a Christmas tree. I will see if I can snap some pics and post them if you would like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom