Nebu's Blackberry

• Thread starter zeke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zeke

zeke

Here is the pantherx lemon skunk. Not the best lighting I know.

zeke

zeke

One month in. I can take em at six weeks but seven is perfect. They smell like an earthy blackberry with hashy incense finish. The smoke lingers with the distinct smell of frankincense. People call it panther trails. The odor lingers so long that if you circle the block you will catch up to your own panther trail. That plant came from purple seed and produces purple seed.

Nebu

Nebu

Blackberry is a pretty popular name. Many, many out there of very different origins. There is no "Nebu's Blackberry"; cut or otherwise. I don't believe there are any true SomAblaze Blackberry cuts circulating either. MeMySelfandI fell out with SomAblaze prior to his death (RIP brother) & was requesting cuts as he had lost his. All I knew that had it had lost theirs. I called BS on orgnkid's "blackberry S1" on icmag way back when. They were most likely Black Russian F2s, as he had purchased a couple lots of mine at auction. At any rate, seems there still is enough mystique/lore surrounding the SomAblaze Blackberry to inspire some creative heritage accounting.

FWIW I'll never release a straight Blackberry, but have truly enjoyed working with it over all of these years. A couple hybrid examples:

ETA ~> "tinypic" is verbotten? (auto text sub of "invalid")

BlackberryHazeBlue 01
PinkMango FreshManiUnder 01

Bless.

Last edited:
rollon

rollon

Blackberry is a pretty popular name. Many, many out there of very different origins. There is no "Nebu's Blackberry"; cut or otherwise. I don't believe there are any true SomAblaze Blackberry cuts circulating either. MeMySelfandI fell out with SomAblaze prior to his death (RIP brother) & was requesting cuts as he had lost his. All I knew that had it had lost theirs. I called BS on orgnkid's "blackberry S1" on icmag way back when. They were most likely Black Russian F2s, as he had purchased a couple lots of mine at auction. At any rate, seems there still is enough mystique/lore surrounding the SomAblaze Blackberry to inspire some creative heritage accounting.

FWIW I'll never release a straight Blackberry, but have truly enjoyed working with it over all of these years. A couple hybrid examples:

ETA ~> "tinypic" is verbotten? (auto text sub of "invalid")

View attachment 406789 View attachment 406790

Bless.
hey nebu never thought i would get to thank u for for a great article " The Color Purple" was in high times may 2003. really nice read. was wondering if u remember anything about the blacberry cola pic in it. seemed like a good thread to ask. peace
Nebu blackberry

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Bote="elkhunter, post: 1256445, member: 60829"]I have a pack of jojo's BBW, never even opened it, cant imagine I ever will...elk..[/quote]

I wanna Be holding greatness like that and preserve it one day. I can ONLY just weirdly imagine your collection untold.
Respect

Camdawg

Camdawg

We had some blackberry buds roll through my area about a year ago. They looked incredible purple bud covered in white, left kif everywhere, bag, jar, table, grinder everyone thought it was gonna be some heavy duty herb. Smelled like blackberry pie and tasted like it too. The high was very lack luster and short. As my dad would've said not a high in a hand basket.

elkhunter

elkhunter

Every time I hear about the blackberry, I ALWAYS hear low potency, even with jojo's BBW, and I think he even used the sweet thang 98 aloha widow...which is a very nice specimen..i have a pack of BBW x (A11 x cherry47) that I will never run either...IMO the blackberry has a place, but needs a ton of rooting through, which im not interested in doing...let me dig around and find them, my list is current, and they are on it, so just gotta track them down and you guys are welcome to them...peace...elk..

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Every time I hear about the blackberry, I ALWAYS hear low potency, even with jojo's BBW, and I think he even used the sweet thang 98 aloha widow...which is a very nice specimen..i have a pack of BBW x (A11 x cherry47) that I will never run either...IMO the blackberry has a place, but needs a ton of rooting through, which im not interested in doing...let me dig around and find them, my list is current, and they are on it, so just gotta track them down and you guys are welcome to them...peace...elk..

You think it's possible to Isolate that BlackBerry Essence and pass just the Blkberries to another generation? You seem like a VERY Wise Genetic person. Im sure your knowledge is Respectable, a Man to learn from fosho!
Tmb
Respect

zeke

zeke

@Nebu: I have yet to run the cut I obtained labeled "Nebu's Blackberry". That sucks that it is fake. If you are interested I can pm you the clone shop name that sold the cut to me. The guy is alright, I don't think that he would want to market mislabeled gear. It's a Seattle shop.

Nebu

Nebu

hey nebu never thought i would get to thank u for for a great article " The Color Purple" was in high times may 2003. really nice read. was wondering if u remember anything about the blacberry cola pic in it. seemed like a good thread to ask. peace

Thanks! Glad you like that article (11 years ago = time flies!). That Blackberry cola? Vintage 10/2002, plant #6, cola #15 was vaporized over three sessions on the evenings of.... haha - no, I have no idea about that particular one but it's a safe bet that it was thoroughly enjoyed. ;)

Re: low potency ~ The Blackberry has so many positive and extremely unique traits, none of them genetically linked to a lack of potency/efficacy IME. I prefer empirical methods of determining potency/efficacy as there is so much that potency testing does not qualify, but tests have shown (FWIW) THC %s ranging from 11-15% for some Bby hybrids, 16-22% for others I've submitted. Again, currently available testing tech does not account for profile (indica vs sativa), which is one of the most important factors IMHO, nor the relationship of terpenes, etc., on thc receptors... or the aromatics (which can be just insane, exotic), on & on. I've no patience for breeding nor growing average, common bud. Don't get me wrong, I love all cannabis but, with so much unique expression potential, it is way too enticing to overlook. Take that Pink Mango; first the nose of a freshly popped jar, freshly ground nug, after 15 seconds of priming a vape and nosing the bong before digging in full 3rd-lung where the body shows, then the exhale finish... opium. blackberry and violets on top of ripe mango and an almost overpowering sweet & sour, citrus skunky dank. So much depth and aromatic bliss. Those perfume folk have nothing on cannabis! lol! Seriously... stuff should be bottled even for aromatherapy alone.

@Nebu: I have yet to run the cut I obtained labeled "Nebu's Blackberry". That sucks that it is fake. If you are interested I can pm you the clone shop name that sold the cut to me. The guy is alright, I don't think that he would want to market mislabeled gear. It's a Seattle shop.

No worries. Trying to counter mis-rep'd gear in the cannabiz would be a full-time job (& losing proposition). I've seen my photos poached for seed company catalogs I've never even heard of prior. lol! That shop likely has no way to pre-verify what is brought to them. Maybe someone was paging through Cannabible 2 or that HT article above, saw it there and thought...WTH? You may want to bring it to their attention and/or other's in the community there. Buck should stop somewhere.

Cheers.

BlackberryHazeBlue 02
Cannabible2 Nebu 05

zeke

zeke

I have a cut named Pink Panther that throws progeny that look identical to the non existent cut photo mislabeled Nebu's Blackberry. It's allegedly from San Diego and is over ten years old. It's rumored to be a blackberry from Nectar seeds. Ring any bells? Here's a flower photo. Bitch to trim, shitty yields, non oppressive high( easy mistaken for lack of potency), tests around 14 and has enough unique awesome terpenes to shake a stick at. What it transmits to its progeny is an excellent representation of its original goodness. I love it and am working it. Throws purple seed as well.

So are you still working your Blackberry lines Nebu? If so are you ever gonna sell seeds? Seems like lots of people have legendary cuts like this and never quite get around to releasing them. Amotivational syndrome, I think it's called. I'm at f3 and working back as well. A few thousand individuals are all that need sorted through....that's easy if you have a golf cart. This shit is too special to be hoarded.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I know this is a bit off topic, but Nebu I am glad you posted that Jason King excerpt, it must be a second or alternate printing. The copy I have has a very different story for that same bud, basically it gives only you credit. So I thank you for sharing that with us and giving credit where it is due.

HarryNugz

HarryNugz

Hi Nebu, thank you for taking the time to comment in this thread. Never thought I'd see the day that you would post again and share your knowledge of the Blackberry. I would love to test any of your hybrids of the Blackberry and especially the BBxHaze! Pm me if there is any way to do so. Would be my dream come true!!! Anyway thanks again for your posting.

Top Bottom