Nectar For The Gods, reboot

• Thread starter dreamnfox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Have you thought about a dehumidifier? I have seen small ones at lowes for about 200. Would work in a tent

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Have you thought about a dehumidifier? I have seen small ones at lowes for about 200. Would work in a tent
Man I just got a Smart Cube dehumidifier for my last grill that was like $300, turns out where the fans at glows blue and lights up the room and have no idea how to use it in my grow room during flowering without interrupting the dark cycle. Also even with the air conditioning running at heats up the room and the rooms already pretty hot. It's pretty useless to me besides for when I'm drying in a tent like I am now but like I said that tent is in my grow room. So I'm just rolling with it for now. The White Widow fast comes down in 3 weeks, Bruce Banger comes down in 6 weeks purple cake and purple crunch have around 7 weeks left. As plants come down so do some lights which will cool off my room a lot. As soon as I get the white widow done in 3 weeks I can pull that hid out of there and it will be probably 8° cooler in the room we'll see.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Wonder why it's still so hot in that room with the air conditioning at full blast the room is only 10x10. I wonder if I turn the air conditioner part all the way up but the fan on low if that will help maybe it's sucking cold air out also my 6 inch inline fan that is exhausting outside is on full blast Maybe that's exhausting too much air I don't know. I'm thinking about in the years to come to make sure that I'm not flowering plants in the middle of summer because of heat and humidity.
90° f with 75% RH outside today.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Hey guys,

I’m getting ready to start my 2nd grow (first was in coco with a BS 1 part nutrient) and this time I’m going with soil and nftg in a tent.

Water
EC .5
PH 8.2 (after sitting 24hours)

Light = LED

#4 soil

I plan on popping the seeds soon…and using Herc to lower the water PH for a week or 2 until I start feeding, then do a slurry test a few weeks into veg.

Wondering if anyone has used an LED and high PH tap water full of calcium carbonate with good results?

Any input is much appreciated.

edit: forgot to mention… running the sample kit regiment. Medusa, Gaia, Athena, Demeter, Herc, Zeus, Bloom Khaos and Olympus up.

Last edited:
Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Hey guys,

I’m getting ready to start my 2nd grow (first was in coco with a BS 1 part nutrient) and this time I’m going with soil and nftg in a tent.

Water
EC .5
PH 8.2 (after sitting 24hours)

Light = LED

#4 soil

I plan on popping the seeds soon…and using Herc to lower the water PH for a week or 2 until I start feeding, then do a slurry test a few weeks into veg.

Wondering if anyone has used an LED and high PH tap water full of calcium carbonate with good results?

Any input is much appreciated.
Doing so right now Lol. Join along I'm still learning also only a couple Harvests in with nectar. If you have time while you're seeds are germinating and sprouting there's a bunch of stuff you could do to really get that soil moving. This run I mixed in a bunch of one shot, added some biochar, watered with some Zeus juice and slf 100 and then let the pots sit and dry out and then I think I watered it with some photo Plus and let's sit. I think my soil PH was a little high so I did a light Gaia feed at 6.3 and let sit. I soak my seeds in a shot glass with zues juice and slf 100 and the seeds always germinate and fast, like overnight. Then planted in a cup and watered with Bigfoot concentrate. Done while in the cup I watered with Dr root up until transplant. Then transplanted into the 5 gallon pots. When I transplant I fill the hole with a little one shot and water with Bigfoot. And that's how I like to get started.

Last edited:
Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

From left to right:
Bruce Banger, Purple Cake, Purple Crunch, White Widow Fast.
20220720 171031

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Where did all the NFTG people go? This thread used to be hoppin?!?
No idea. So many people using it and couldn't really find any recent threads so I started one but not many people joined in there's only about 10 of us here so I've been pretty much using it as a grow Journal. Trying to accumulate a bunch of nectar Growers on one thread

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

My tap water is pretty great 7.3, with about 300ppm. It might take alot of herc on the small plants. Can you get Hades down? It will drop your ph with out all the extra calcium
300 on a 5 or 7? And do you add distilled to your tap water to knock the ppms down into range like I do?

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Say the temperature in my grow room is nearing the 90s would it be a good idea to dim my lights down on days like that to keep the heat down?

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Yeah I could grab some. I have Gaia Mania too…would that be better? I think that’s what Scott uses to lower his water PH on water days.
Gaias is better for lowering ph but its food to. I would probably do a mixture of the 2 for best results. Start with 5ml of Gaias then add 5ml of herc if necessary. All that extra calcium in your water should help stabilize the ph of your soil

Dothraki

Dothraki

Gaias is better for lowering ph but its food to. I would probably do a mixture of the 2 for best results. Start with 5ml of Gaias then add 5ml of herc if necessary. All that extra calcium in your water should help stabilize the ph of your soil
Oh I was under the impression (and was told) the calcium buildup would would cause the PH to climb over time.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Oh I was under the impression (and was told) the calcium buildup would would cause the PH to climb over time.
It can but when you start feeding heavy it drives it down. With this line it's alot easier battling high ph than low ph.

Dothraki

Dothraki

I plan on using the sample box regiment…do you guys suggest adding one shot under LED?

Top Bottom