Nectar for the Gods

• Thread starter MakinGoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Hello,

My first post here ever. I've been having fun growing for about a year and a half now and have been trying new nute regiments on almost every run to try and nail down a good recipe. I began like i think alot of people do by using Fox farms trio. That was okay but it was obvious that it could get better. I switched to House and Garden Soil A and B along with Roots organics soil. That worked much better as the taste and color was a marked improvement. I was talking with the owners of the hydro shop by me and decided to add NFTG Herculean Harvest as well as Aphrodite's Extraction to the Soil A & B line and saw a large jump in quality that I attributed to the HH and AE. That being said i decide to use basically the whole like of NFTG to see what happens. I am currently running Medusa's Magic, Gia Mania, Zeus Juice, HH, Demeter Destiny, HH, Aphrodite's Extraction, and Bloom Khaos. I have been following the feeding schedule NFTG has, (early, mid and late), I wish there was a little more detail as to when is early, mid and late but I don't think that's my current conundrum. Everything got off to a great start as i saw my girls growing beautifully. however, something has happened and i am not sure what or why as well as how to fix it. I believe one of two things happened (maybe both). Either I have burned them by following the schedule, or my Ph got out of whack and locked up my roots leading to a deficiency of some sort. I have read that salt based products while using NFTG could lead to problems and the only thing I put in my water that would be considered salt would be the minor amount of general hydroponics PH up which has Potassium Carbonate in it which is basically a white salt. After all this rambling I guess my question to you all would be is the ph up causing a problem, did I burn them or was it a simple Ph issue that should correct? I'm thinking maybe the bloom khaos that i am watering in my plants at 1 TBS per gallon is maybe being countered by the salt in the Ph up? Or perhaps my digital PH meter is off and my water is way higher then I think. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Oh I should mention that I'm about 60 days into flower int he pic.

Thanks.
I have no clue what GH ph up would do >> i used the ph up & down from Nectar for the Gods.. i always flush if i see a issue.. id flush hard with HH 4 start.. also when using bloom khoas i had 2 use massive amounts of HH 2 keep my plants super happy or els my plants would get upset with me..

Welcome 2 the Farm & good luck

Power OG

Power OG

I have no clue what GH ph up would do >> i used the ph up & down from Nectar for the Gods.. i always flush if i see a issue.. id flush hard with HH 4 start.. also when using bloom khoas i had 2 use massive amounts of HH 2 keep my plants super happy or els my plants would get upset with me..

Welcome 2 the Farm & good luck
3:1 is good rule of thumb on 3HH:1BK

F

FarmingGR

I've been using 3, 4 even 5 HH to 1 BK so I'm starting to think it's the Ph up that screwed me. I'm also starting to think that it's might not necessarily be the GH ph up bu the amount I've been using. See I was stupid and changed more than one thing. I switched to NFTG as well as stopped using drops to check Ph and used a digital meter. It's right after this switch that this happened and since I've been using the digital Ph meter I have noticed that I am using more Ph up that i used to. I'm thinking the digital meter is off or I'm not letting it finish settling on the Ph in the water and I'm putting in too much up and my water is locking up the roots.

Either way I'm going to get some of the NFTG up and down and go with it. Do you go through that stuff like HH? I've been buying the gallon bottle of HH and I guess I didn't want to start spending tons on up and down. The GH up costs like $10 for the large bottle and that lasts forever.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

@FarmingGR no u wont need a ton of up & down >> nowhere near as much as HH

F

FarmingGR

@farming gr when you repost make sure to include more details of your grow. Easier to diagnose an issue if we know your in hydro, soil, coco, using hid or led.

From my experience of you follow the regiment to the t on the nftg line its tough to burn. I burnt at full strength late flower, but barely the tips.....that looks intense. Im not sure if this is ph related or nute burn, although to me it looks like you got some sort of lockout. However. Best leave the diagnosis to someone more experienced. Respect and good luck
Gguy

Oh and i wanted to make sure I got to everyone so. I use a Sun Hut Big easy 80. the 4.3' by 2.8' by 6.5' one. I use HPS in the tent at 400w and MH outside the tent for veg at 400w. I am thinking of going with 600w HPS in the tent, but with the 400w HPS in the tent during the summer it's hard to get the temp below 83-84 degrees, no issues in the winter here. I'm worried that I'll have a temp issue with a 600w in there and I don't think I have the power capabilities to put an air conditioner in there without blowing fuses. But for now Temp and humidity don't seem to be an issue.

Roots organic soil in "self watering" pots. The ones that have extra space at the bottom in between the drip pan for the water to drip into and then pour out of the side so it's hard to over water and they are about 2.5 gallon pots (9.3 liters). I water like every 4th day sometimes 5th and sometimes 3rd. I usually only top them once and at about 20 inches from soil to top. i have a good rotation of one a month and 2 every third month (approximately 80 days of flower) and max four plants in flower at a time spread about a month apart. when things have gone well I've gotten just about 4 ounces from one plant and some of the largest buds I've seen. Obviously I'm pretty into this stuff right now. Been smoking about 20 years and never had the chance, until about a year and a half ago, to start growing my own.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Oh and i wanted to make sure I got to everyone so. I use a Sun Hut Big easy 80. the 4.3' by 2.8' by 6.5' one. I use HPS in the tent at 400w and MH outside the tent for veg at 400w. I am thinking of going with 600w HPS in the tent, but with the 400w HPS in the tent during the summer it's hard to get the temp below 83-84 degrees, no issues in the winter here. I'm worried that I'll have a temp issue with a 600w in there and I don't think I have the power capabilities to put an air conditioner in there without blowing fuses. But for now Temp and humidity don't seem to be an issue.

Roots organic soil in "self watering" pots. The ones that have extra space at the bottom in between the drip pan for the water to drip into and then pour out of the side so it's hard to over water and they are about 2.5 gallon pots (9.3 liters). I water like every 4th day sometimes 5th and sometimes 3rd. I usually only top them once and at about 20 inches from soil to top. i have a good rotation of one a month and 2 every third month (approximately 80 days of flower) and max four plants in flower at a time spread about a month apart. when things have gone well I've gotten just about 4 ounces from one plant and some of the largest buds I've seen. Obviously I'm pretty into this stuff right now. Been smoking about 20 years and never had the chance, until about a year and a half ago, to start growing my own.

Just sayin lol. The olympus up and Hades down will last a lot longer. HH goes the fastest due to the dosage. Do you have the feeding chart?

Steven Bevan

Steven Bevan

This is my Compost tea and things i will be adding during my tea feeding schedule. Along with the N4TG Pro-line minus mega morpheus, pegasus potion. Wondering what my fellow n4tg growers opinion is on what i have below regarding measurements of my products or just any helpful tips regarding my brew recipe in general. Thanks guys!

☆5 gallon ACT recipe☆

Worm Casting - [1 Cup for Veg 1/2 Cup for Bloom]

Molasses - [2 Tbsp]

Dr Earth Compost - [1/2 Cup for Veg 1 cup for Bloom]

BioAG Full-Power - [1 Tbsp] (add at the end of brew + use as foliar feed.)

SLF 100 - [2.5 Tsp] (add at the very end of brew)

Kelp Meal - [1/4 Cup]

Fish Meal - [1/4 Cup]

Extream Gardening Azos - [2 Tbsp] (Top Feed)

Extream Gardening Mykos WP - [2 Tbsp] (Top Feed)

Phos Bird Guano - [1/4 Cup] (During Bloom)

Danky Mcnugs

Danky Mcnugs

So I sprayed some pegasus potion tonight. Stunk up the room for a good few hours. The stuff really stinks baaaaad. Probably the worst smelling nute up there with Alaska fish except it's a poultry nasty smell. Don't know if I'll be using it again but they seemed to have loved it!

clutch419

clutch419

I am getting done with trying out nectar. I found that you can go broke trying to run it. The amount hh you go through is way to much they need to concentrate it down so it's not 8tbl per gallon. In bloom.
I got claw leaf bad figured out that when you use the bloom kaos you need to triple the hh and add more demerits to also but the big catch is using triton trawl with it at 6tbl per gallon to get good results. If you don't you have problems.
In August I spent a grand just on nectar products.
My yield went down slightly and my crystal count was way below my par.
Don't get me wrong it's a ok line to use but way over priced when you have over a 150 plants to feed from clones to finish.
I switched to veg&bloom by hydroponic research company way better results with it 1/3 the price and so much easier to use.
No more 13 bottles of shit to use. Now I use veg&bloom and 1 mill per gallon of golden tree
And a carbo load I make. Much better than nectar
On left veg&bloom on right nectar

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I am getting done with trying out nectar. I found that you can go broke trying to run it. The amount hh you go through is way to much they need to concentrate it down so it's not 8tbl per gallon. In bloom.
I got claw leaf bad figured out that when you use the bloom kaos you need to triple the hh and add more demerits to also but the big catch is using triton trawl with it at 6tbl per gallon to get good results. If you don't you have problems.
Don't get me wrong it's a ok line to use but way over priced when you have over a 150 plants to feed from clones to finish.
I switched to veg&bloom by hydroponic research company way better results with it 1/3 the price and so much easier to use.
No more 13 bottles of shit to use. Now I use veg&bloom and 1 mill per gallon of golden tree
Both don't look ideal...
Bad side-by-side. Synthetics vs. Organics???
Nectar is bulletproof, if a grower is having issues with it, it is MORE then likely their environment or genetics. If you follow the feed chart you will supply your plant with more nutrients than they need, they then pull from that when they need it.

Only time farmers shoot themselves in the foot is when they go and add Bloom Khaos and neglect the Calcium.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

On lefnom on right nectar

The most hh your instructed to use is at the mooost is 6 tbl per gal not 8..just sayin, maybe you went over the top with it and did more bad then good. But hey, if your new method and nutes work for you then thats whats up. I seen some pure fire produced with nftg on here.
Sucks it didnt work out for you. I feel like 160 plants is a fuckton to have on those nutrients, and they are expensive..i feel like nftg might be more geared towards small scale top shelf grows and personal crops but...thats just my stoney two cents...i dont know nothin. Ha.

Danky Mcnugs

Danky Mcnugs

The most hh your instructed to use is at the mooost is 6 tbl per gal not 8..just sayin, maybe you went over the top with it and did more bad then good. But hey, if your new method and nutes work for you then thats whats up. I seen some pure fire produced with nftg on here.
Sucks it didnt work out for you. I feel like 160 plants is a fuckton to have on those nutrients, and they are expensive..i feel like nftg might be more geared towards small scale top shelf grows and personal crops but...thats just my stoney two cents...i dont know nothin. Ha.

I love nectar, and so do my plants! Only thing that sucks is the price and usage. I don't see how some of those top greenhouse growers are running it without some kind of serious hook up from scott.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter

Yeah, I am with you, felt like a mad scientist mixing 10 different bottles. I like to keep it simple. I do still use a couple of their products still Demeters destiny, and PH up. Switched to HR Veg + Bloom myself. Super easy!

clutch419

clutch419

For me it was way to much to have to buy. They do have some good products but overall I wasn't that impressed with it. For a organic line it has way to many parts and some of it needs to be more concentrated.if biobiz can only have 3-4 things why does nectar need so many things. You do know that they could combine a few bottles to lessen the load. I grow in smaller pots I only use 3 gallon pots sometimes 5 gallons but the thing is I don't feel nectar is made for small pots you get way to much bone meal build up. Last week I harvested and right after I was done I dumped a pot out to check how the roots looked. Well there was 4-6 inches of bone meal build up and all the roots in that area were dead. Below that I had great roots. and yes I was using sfl100 at 40 mills per gallon to help break up the bone meal. I think if you only grow a small number of plants in bigger pots it might work out better but with the price of pot falling why spend so much money on fertalizer that you won't get back after all said and done. My biggest problem with it is my harvest went down by almost a qp. So for me it didn't work out very well. I love the veg&bloom for how simple it is. And for the cost it's perfect. With the price of pot falling every day it makes no sense to spend that much on fertalizer when a pd only goes for less than 2 grand and if I add up all my expenses I made a whooping 200 bucks not worth it.
I will still use some of there products but my main focus is veg&bloom with 2 extra things added not 13 bottles. And the sad part is all the waist in plastic bottles you go through. I bought 2lbs of veg&bloom over a month ago and I just ran out only cause I turned a nectar user onto veg&bloom and gave them a lb.
I have about 6 weeks till I harvest my fist round of veg&bloom and we will see the difference in the harvest. Now Scott is great he really knows his info and is super nice have meet him a few times and different meet and greats. The first time I met him he was way more impressed with the smoke I have him then the smoke all the nectar growers gave him. And it was grown with gh. He thought it was nectar grown and when I said it was gh he was blown away by it.

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

Hey, I just got myself some OGKB clones from harborside San Jose, cali. I'm on a somewhat tight budget for nutrients($300-400) from veg to end. Is there a good line out there for this particular strain that is decently priced and still produces top shelf dank? Any info would be great.

I am doing a soil grow(half fox farm, half black gold) with a 900w full spectrum led(marsHydro) I have A/C and plan on using a co2 burner in a sealed room.

Also, do these plants do well in SCROG? that is my preference because of space(4'×4') and only about 6'tall ceiling

T

Terry Cobb

This nutrient line doen't miss a beat during flip but I do like the idea of lights off 18 hours light on 6 hours for the first night to harden the plant into flowering. This is a very old tested practice with great results. Then set your timer for 12 and 12. I like your PPM test but not sure how accurate it is. Zero ppm's would mean Scotts formula has no elctro Connectivity is that physically possible? If we look at the bottles you failed to mention I know three of those alone hold nitrogen in some form, calcium in a couple ways, earth worm castings and other goodys he explains in great detail on his Youtube video something other CEO's fail to do. I believe you'll find a measure of PPM's in all bottles in the lineup. It's lower than other products like Foxfarm's ChaChing but Chaching is not organic and is very hot to use. Just work with a cold gallon of tap water that has no more than 180 ppm city water in early flower with NFTG'S you can push health plants and they should be. So do what the schedule tells you to. Invest in all the line up in advanced if you're just starting out. Get the sample kit from Scott and return the favor by getting the rest you'll need them to finish with fat ladies. Scott is your coach don't listen to people unless they've used this product. If you want just weight and chemicals then organic is not for you but if you want to leave the earth better than you found it NFTG'S could be of interest to you.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Hey, I just got myself some OGKB clones from harborside San Jose, cali. I'm on a somewhat tight budget for nutrients($300-400) from veg to end. Is there a good line out there for this particular strain that is decently priced and still produces top shelf dank? Any info would be great.

I am doing a soil grow(half fox farm, half black gold) with a 900w full spectrum led(marsHydro) I have A/C and plan on using a co2 burner in a sealed room.

Also, do these plants do well in SCROG? that is my preference because of space(4'×4') and only about 6'tall ceiling
400$ for one light of nutrients is a tight budget?? Sounds like a premium budget imo...
Keep in mind cannabis is a plant and u do not need to throw money at plants to have them in great health...but keep feeding ur nute company ut hard earned money.
I wonder how plants grew organically before the 13bottles became available...lol

Top Bottom