Need Advice; Blender Hash; trimmings

• Thread starter MissBliss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MissBliss

I was recently given fresh trimmings, about half a large black garbage bag full... with the task of making hash... which I've never done before...
After doing some research, I decided upon doing the blender method, since I have everything required to do it that way. I'm pretty positive I know exactly what I'm going to do, when the trimmings are ready... Which leads me to my question,
My understanding is that they must be dry...? right...? Freeze them while they are fresh or dry and then freeze or not freeze at all...?
I've seen a lot of conflicting advice all over the web and would like to get a straight answer from someone who has made some amazing hash this way...!
Thank you in advance...!

G

Green Supreme

Fresh frozen material makes more melty hash than dry frozen. Peace GS

Blaze

Blaze

Wether or not you are using dry or fresh material, always freeze it first, it helps break the trichromes free. GS is also quite correct - fresh frozen material makes better hash than dry material, but both can produce good results. Careful not to over-do it with the blender too or you will end up with a bunch of plant material in your hash.

M

MissBliss

alrighty...! thank you... I'm going to put it in the freezer right now...! it's been out all night but is hardly dry...
So I could go ahead and make it tomorrow with good results, yeah...?
And I know, overblending, that's been another concern that i had with it not turning out, so I know to be careful there...!

0xygen

0xygen

I have some other questions:
Can you use the whole plant to make hash this way? Stem and everything?

If I have a whole fresh plant, should I really freeze it first? Or can I go ahead and put it all into cold water with ice and in the fridge straight away. Won't that have the same effect? I mean, if you're freezing it first, you risk breaking off those crystal thingies while handling the product later, dont you?

Graywolf

Graywolf

I wouldn't use the blender either for the reasons MR just stated.

If running cured or fresh, frozen is good.

Fresh or cured both produce good hash, so I will side step the debate on which is best. They are both to die for.

I usually only sieve off about 10%, and extract the rest using solvents. Less kief yield, but it is killer and the oil subsequently extracted is more sedative!

The longer you beat the material, the higher the yield, but the more green material you will extract. Pick your own point of diminishing returns!

Hee, hee, hee......... What could be more fun than experimenting yourself?

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
the highend has rene in it. I have a highend cross with ogkush, and its a worthy lady for sure.

0xygen

0xygen

Making hash like this wasn't my forté. At all.
Followed instructions from some video, where instead of putting all the stuff in a blender, the just put it in glass jars with ice water and shook it real well for some time, and so on and so forth. Anyways, I managed to produce a ball of hash the size of a sesame seed.
Think making cannabutter is more up my alley.

Top Bottom