Need help asap

• Thread starter Ghosty420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Ghosty420

Thankyou, I’m defiantly gunna look into getting one of those meters, until then when the soil does fully dry how much water by mil should I give my plant every other day?
Wanna water them by drive and drabs maybe now so I don’t over water again?

E9noxis

E9noxis

It's about weight. You have a small plant in a big space of soil. It takes a while for the few roots to drink it all. I'd stay close to the plant with your water and work your way out to draw the roots out. "They won't grow through dry material" so you need to stay just ahead of them.

Every other day could end up being excessive. Watch how she is. Water right before the wilt and you will figure out how much it needs and when.

G

Ghosty420

It's about weight. You have a small plant in a big space of soil. It takes a while for the few roots to drink it all. I'd stay close to the plant with your water and work your way out to draw the roots out. "They won't grow through dry material" so you need to stay just ahead of them.

Every other day could end up being excessive. Watch how she is. Water right before the wilt and you will figure out how much it needs and when.
Thanks for advise defiantly gunna do that

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

At the stage you are at I would be considering 2 things.

First, you're almost ready to start training the plant to produce more bud sites. I'd say another node or two and you're ready to top the main stem.

Second, if you want to avoid overwatering try bottom watering. Take a bucket larger than the one you have the plant in and fill it with 6.0 water, lower the pot into the water and let it float around and wick up the water once it gets close to the soil line pull it out and let it drain. This will wet the entire grow media rather than top watering which will create water columns the water creates looking for the path of least resistance to the bottom and out the pot leaving dry spots.

E9noxis's advice is sound. You can confirm how dry they are by picking up the pot and seeing how heavy it is. Obviously when they have just been watered they'll be heavy but after a few days they'll be much lighter through plant uptake and evaporation into the air. Watch the plant and you'll see when it's about to wilt. Pick up the pot and note how light it is so you know when your plant is ready for more water. These plants don't like wet soil. They grow bigger and hardier if you let the soil get semi dry. Letting the soil get dry will also spur the root system to get bigger as it looks for water. Of course when I say "dry" I don't mean bone dry. Lightly damp is where you want to start thinking about watering. Infrequent deep waterings are better than light watering daily so don't water with drips and drabs!🙃

My guess is you need to water them every 3 days from where I'm sitting but your environment and plant uptake plays a big part in how fast your soil will dry out.

If you got the money I would also invest in a soil meter to measure soil PH. As important as it is to PH your feed water ultimately the soil PH will dictate nutrient lockout. I did a grow where I was religiously feeding at 6.0 but the plants looked sickly and weak. Bought a soil PH tester and found out the soil PH was at 4.4. Raised my nutrient PH to 8.0. Soil PH rose to 5.7. Second feeding I set feed water PH at 7.0. Soil PH leveled out at 6.0! Perfect! Continued to monitor soil PH while feed water PH was at normal 6.0. Plants woke up and went on to produce some beautiful Colas!!!!🙂

This will work great for testing soil PH....

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It washed the nutrients out if the soil… give it a good feed and then let dry back.

Keep it out of the rain if possible because all available nutrients will be washed out of the soil

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Only feed if it rains. The soil has nutrients in it that will break down over time but rain will wash thise from the soil and it will take a few days for the soil to break more down

Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

So the first 3 photos was taken 11 days ago, it’s been growing for 2 months now it’s Afghan skunk auto flower, it’s my first grow I thought I would just plant the seed and water it and see what’s happens (btw I’m doing outdoor grow) it stunted growth for about 6 weeks in seedling stage, I gave it some miracle gro and calcium and it’s improving made a lot of improvement this week tbh, any advise for me?
What kind of soil did you use? Also did you use any nutrients?

G

Ghosty420

I gave it nutrients maybe 2 weeks ago, but it was lawn food but I only gave it a little bit, I can’t remember what the soil was called but it said on the front of the packet perfect for growing peppers and cucumbers, it’s quite strange because the photos I’ve just uploaded looks like it’s kind of going back to normal compared to the ones I uploaded earlier, but yeah the only nutrients I could possibly give it is lawn food, is this alright? Or at least do the job?

3AA604D6 04F9 44F6 AB06 8457043FE136
012532F6 8D95 4B75 956E DE5CFA9F7322
3FB9BC55 92B8 4BEA 8CB3 8A1DCAEBC8AF
Rebeccalovato777

Rebeccalovato777

I gave it nutrients maybe 2 weeks ago, but it was lawn food but I only gave it a little bit, I can’t remember what the soil was called but it said on the front of the packet perfect for growing peppers and cucumbers, it’s quite strange because the photos I’ve just uploaded looks like it’s kind of going back to normal compared to the ones I uploaded earlier, but yeah the only nutrients I could possibly give it is lawn food, is this alright? Or at least do the job?
I would go with marajauna nutrients only because there's different stages to give different nutrients for instance the vegetation stage requires more nitrogen while beginning flowering stage doesn't want any nitrogen while the last flowering stage requires larger amounts of nutrients that you can't get from basic fertilizer! I took me forever to learn this! I use open sesame for Vegetation beastie bloomz in beginning flowering for only a couple weeks than chi ching for the late flowering stage! It worked wonders! I would use premium soils like mother earth is wonderful! I was were you were at my plants were making me angry! So I read and tried all these you wouldn't believe the difference! I wouldn't trash her just give her better nutrients and test you ph in soil due to the soil your using! They sell the ph up and down kits on Amazon for like 10 or 15 dollars! You got this!

Top Bottom