Need Help First Soil Indoor Grow.

• Thread starter Midwestjay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

I wouldnt recommend straight into the ocean forest. Light warrior by fox farm is their seed starting mix. As far as transplant goes in veg a rule of thumb often used is when the plant is the size of the container it is ready to up-pot. This is the general rule of thumb that i follow. I transplant from solo cups to half gals at a 10 days to 2 weeks, then 2 weeks later into 3.5 gals. For a sog this is where i would stop. In a lst or multi topped grow i will let them go 3 weeks or so in 3.5s before up potting to 7 gals and flipping relatively soon after that. Youd be surprised how quickly roots can fill a container in soil.
Using this method i would use light warrior in the solo cups and in the half gals. But 3.5 would be filled in with the ocean forest. I prefer to use happy frog as a veg soil if im going the fox farm routes but ive moved away from bagged products recently. Hope this is helpful.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

I wouldnt recommend straight into the ocean forest. Light warrior by fox farm is their seed starting mix. As far as transplant goes in veg a rule of thumb often used is when the plant is the size of the container it is ready to up-pot. This is the general rule of thumb that i follow. I transplant from solo cups to half gals at a 10 days to 2 weeks, then 2 weeks later into 3.5 gals. For a sog this is where i would stop. In a lst or multi topped grow i will let them go 3 weeks or so in 3.5s before up potting to 7 gals and flipping relatively soon after that. Youd be surprised how quickly roots can fill a container in soil.
Using this method i would use light warrior in the solo cups and in the half gals. But 3.5 would be filled in with the ocean forest. I prefer to use happy frog as a veg soil if im going the fox farm routes but ive moved away from bagged products recently. Hope this is helpful.
I would also like to add i usually eyeball my perlite, generally shooting for a 60/40 ratio in fox farm soil but i dont feel like it made any difference than when i measured it lol. A little prilled dolomite lime goes a long way to buffer PH, a good innoculant will also go a long way and assuming you already have air pumps around i would suggest doing some research into ewc teas.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

More than helpful brother. I love all the info. When I started rdwc I had no help and bumped my head in about every way possible over the years lol. Trying to make this smoother lol.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I would also like to add i usually eyeball my perlite, generally shooting for a 60/40 ratio in fox farm soil but i dont feel like it made any difference than when i measured it lol. A little prilled dolomite lime goes a long way to buffer PH, a good innoculant will also go a long way and assuming you already have air pumps around i would suggest doing some research into ewc teas.
Yea I just got a link for some teas. I will Def look into that. And plenty of pumps laying around lol. As far as the dolomite, how much do you add? like tsp per gal of soil?

N

Nog

Right on brother. And you said that helps with ph balance? Does that kinda lock me in at a certain ph?

I put a double handful of lime per one 25 litre bag of potting mix.

Way more than you it seems.

The plants seem to like it, no yellowing leaves or anything.

I just put it because I heard that MJ likes a slightly alkaline soil, and potting mix breaks down gradually and goes a bit acidic, and the lime makes it more alkaline.

Wouldn't have a clue what the PH of the soil is now, whatever it is the plants love it.

I re-use my potting mix too, don't have any problems doing that.
No point throwing it out and buying new every grow.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I'll do an update on the plants soon. Most look great. Lost one Afghan and added Luna Og. But the tells have been up near 90 in the room. So we are adding a blower lol. Here it is on low it's around 1000cfm
Received 1195821380442093

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Well since the blower and filter install the room is super cool. Low temps in the lower 70℉ range. High around 85℉. The soil plants are still in starter soil. They have had one Nute feeding and loved it. Will be transplanted into the ffof soon.

The dwc plants are at about 1/4 strength floranova bloom. They are afgan reg photos. The soil is, reg Luna Og, reg candy Jack, auto Gsc, and fem strawberry cough. Not perfect but nut to shabby fire first run in New room with first indoor soilg grow. I'm not the care taker. Just helped set it up and there to help where ever I can. Half these seeds are bag seeds, and the other half freebies. So it's basically a trial run. Can wait to get the room full of Dinafem big kush photo. It's a bad bitch.
Received 1221198087920261
Received 1221198094586927
Received 1221198121253591
Received 1221198144586922
Received 1221198164586920
Received 1221198227920247
Received 1221198294586907

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

I like to throw bone meal into my soil to help with purpling and its a one time feed

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I can't wait to get on these mills nutes. I swear though I was smoking soil organics for a couple years when I was buying weed from dude... Still blows my mind.

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

I can't wait to get on these mills nutes. I swear though I was smoking soil organics for a couple years when I was buying weed from dude... Still blows my mind.
Try to make sure the pots aren't sitting on a cold floor.. In my experience it takes a while longer for the soil to dry out and in turn could cause knats and whatever other pests

Latest posts

Top Bottom