Need Help First Soil Indoor Grow.

• Thread starter Midwestjay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Try to make sure the pots aren't sitting on a cold floor.. In my experience it takes a while longer for the soil to dry out and in turn could cause knats and whatever other pests
Right on, its not a cold floor. But that's good info.

str8smokn

str8smokn

That's ok , this the Mills a organic line?
The reason I ask is if not then you will need to add some form of micro life back into the soil after every feeding. It would be like
Week three ...Feeding
Week four ..water/tea with EWC and such.
Just to replenish what the synthetics kill off.
STR8

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

That's ok , this the Mills a organic line?
The reason I ask is if not then you will need to add some form of micro life back into the soil after every feeding. It would be like
Week three ...Feeding
Week four ..water/tea with EWC and such.
Just to replenish what the synthetics kill off.
STR8
No this is just floranova in the hydro. Starter soil is what the others are in now. And they are going in ffof soon

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

They will be getting mills soon tho too. Idk when exactly we will start feeding the soil plants but when we do they'll get mills. The feeding they just got was floranova bloom at a light dose just because they are in starter soil. But won't be Fed for a while one they hit the ffof.

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

They will be getting mills soon tho too. Idk when exactly we will start feeding the soil plants but when we do they'll get mills. The feeding they just got was floranova bloom at a light dose just because they are in starter soil. But won't be Fed for a while one they hit the ffof.
Dude I start hitting my seedlings and young ones with nutes around 14 days old and even then I give quarter strength but that's just me

str8smokn

str8smokn

Most Autos are sensitive at that age. Just my experience..and the FFOF is pretty loaded from what I've heard.
What I do is fill my pot with my soil mix to the top.. Then I remove a party cups worth of soil from the center of the pot. I back fill center with the seedling mix. ( which is usually just Coco and I add perlite to it) .
I if you use Light warrior put it in there.
By the time the roots bust thru they will be ready for theFF soil..
Again that's just how I do my Autos. In finishing pots.
STR8

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Most Autos are sensitive at that age. Just my experience..and the FFOF is pretty loaded from what I've heard.
What I do is fill my pot with my soil mix to the top.. Then I remove a party cups worth of soil from the center of the pot. I back fill center with the seedling mix. ( which is usually just Coco and I add perlite to it) .
I if you use Light warrior put it in there.
By the time the roots bust thru they will be ready for theFF soil..
Again that's just how I do my Autos. In finishing pots.
STR8
Nice
I definitely gotta read a ton more on autos.. Crazy how much different they are when its the same plant.. Kinda amazing how they figured that out IMO..
:dead::dead:mnd blown

str8smokn

str8smokn

It's just even if that strain isn't sensitive,you just don't want to find out.
As in if you over feed a Auto it's takes much longer to fix and by then you've wasted some life. So play it safe and just feed low and slow. And work your way up as you learn your plants.
That last part is something I'm still trying to figure out.
Good luck
STR8

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

It's just even if that strain isn't sensitive,you just don't want to find out.
As in if you over feed a Auto it's takes much longer to fix and by then you've wasted some life. So play it safe and just feed low and slow. And work your way up as you learn your plants.
That last part is something I'm still trying to figure out.
Good luck
STR8
That's something good to find out.. I had a heavy hand at first but still trying to fix that myself.. Totally another reason I wanna really learn dwc

str8smokn

str8smokn

I think ... Don't Quote me.. But I think DWC is less forgiving also. That's why soil is supposed to be good for newbies.. More forgiving ,easier to fix.
But it looks like MidwestJay will guide you well.
STR8

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

I think ... Don't Quote me.. But I think DWC is less forgiving also. That's why soil is supposed to be good for newbies.. More forgiving ,easier to fix.
STR8
And what's crazy is that some people bomb in soil and thrive in coco but then some bomb in coco and thrive in dwc.. WEIRD

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

STR8
If I can be honest for a moment, I got a buddy who is doing good in dwc but he can't count the change in his pocket lol.. That's why I am choosing to learn from EL JEFE @Midwestjay :badboy::cool:

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

His love that air pot lol... They potted up playa
Received 1221886527851417
Received 1221878517852218
Received 1221883491185054

AlaskaJeff

AlaskaJeff

For sure, me too.
Yeah, glad I ran into this one jay. Didn't know you were doing a soil grow. I've got one going one too of course, using Roots formula 707 to start and then when I transplanted I mixed in oceanforest, except for one plant that I kept in pure roots org soil. Loving all your planters :)

Top Bottom