Need help here, sick plant

• Thread starter Titans17
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fawnzee

Fawnzee

As soon as I saw 4 weeks in veg, and 1 gal pot, I recognized your issue. I’m on my second run of the same strain, and both times, once I reached a month in veg in 1 gallons, the plants started to undergo a full-spectrum of deficiencies. Taking a look at the root masses, I saw they were incredibly dense, and rootbound. It’s likely that roots are overtaking the medium in terms of volume, and therefore have much less of a buffer for the root zone. Try uppotting them into your final pot size, and give it a 4 days. You should see greener leaves, green new growth, and better overall health. Going from 1 to 7 gal pots instantly turned them around both times, and now my girls are very happy.

520Gthumb

520Gthumb

Photone app was Korona I think they changed name due to flu. Manganese (not magnesium) and Iron deficiencies look a bit like what you have. The “veins” will stay green and the leaf will yellow. Check out Cervantes deficiency chart print out and hang near grow. The 1 gallon pots will b an issue soon if not already. 3-5 gallon is better but I forgot I grow in coco but still think bigger would be better. Make sure u r adding some type of mycorrhiza to help break down nutes. Great white and recharge r my favorites . Photone app works great for veg keep between 200-400. If nothing works do a flush with ph’d water and make sure ALL the soil gets wet and test ph of run off. Good luck

dbrzz

dbrzz

Hello all!
I have a sick plant here :(, can’t seem to figure out a diagnosis on it. Here are the details:
temp 75-85 degrees, humidity 65%
week 4 of veg
Has been very happy up until a day or two ago
Feeding Athena pro recommended doses
Growing in coco perlite
Water once every two days
Looks like N deficiency to me, but I give her plenty of nitrogen

should I try a flush and then go back to regular watering? I literally cannot figure out what is wrong with her.
Cal or mag deficiency or both. Coco coir locking up the calmag. Ph too high in the medium especially if exposed to high temperatures in excess of 85 degrees. Hit it with calmag at 5.8 ph. Cheers!

NoobJay

NoobJay

What brand of coco?
What kind of water( RO or well or city…)?
Thanks

NoobJay

NoobJay

You need to be feeding those girls everyday. Like Aqua said it’s not like soil. Base it on your run off. If you get your 10 to 20% run off your good. I would do that at lights on and before lights off. You should keep that pot saturated at all time. But when you go to flower I would suggest you pot up or else you will need an automated watering system as your plant will dry out faster and you should be watering more than twice I think now also as per the size of your pot (1gal) you should be putting in Around 200-300ml max of nutrient water per watering to get adequate run off(10-20% of what you put in) if not you have to feed more per day as your medium is drying too much. She is hungry as coco is inert and you need to keep it saturated with nutes. Also what is your feeding ec or ppm atm? If it’s high I would bring it down a bit for the start and gradually increase the ec/ppm and go from there. Never up it every day wait at least 3 days to see if you get tip burn or not. If not and all is good just keep as is unless they talk to you. Little increments at a time of increase like 50-70ppm Max per feeding increase (ex:if you give 300ppm got to 350). As soon as you respond to the water and coco question I will add to this. Thanks

i also grow coco perlite and now in flower with multi feeding a day. Here are my flowers today
F6D4DE4B 2D1E 4B8C A0C5 C851324B2B45

NoobJay

NoobJay

And light is too close. I have the same light and stay around 28-30 inches from the plant in veg at 40% then up to 60% for late veg. Then in early flower you go 80% then at week 5 of flower I go to 100% light intensity. I can Go to 24 inch in flower with the light but be careful and look at them lots. I dont have the master controller for the light just the dimmer on it.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

You need to be feeding those girls everyday. Like Aqua said it’s not like soil. Base it on your run off. If you get your 10 to 20% run off your good. I would do that at lights on and before lights off. You should keep that pot saturated at all time. But when you go to flower I would suggest you pot up or else you will need an automated watering system as your plant will dry out faster and you should be watering more than twice I think now also as per the size of your pot (1gal) you should be putting in Around 200-300ml max of nutrient water per watering to get adequate run off(10-20% of what you put in) if not you have to feed more per day as your medium is drying too much. She is hungry as coco is inert and you need to keep it saturated with nutes. Also what is your feeding ec or ppm atm? If it’s high I would bring it down a bit for the start and gradually increase the ec/ppm and go from there. Never up it every day wait at least 3 days to see if you get tip burn or not. If not and all is good just keep as is unless they talk to you. Little increments at a time of increase like 50-70ppm Max per feeding increase (ex:if you give 300ppm got to 350). As soon as you respond to the water and coco question I will add to this. Thanks

i also grow coco perlite and now in flower with multi feeding a day. Here are my flowers today
View attachment 1177227
Sorry to hijack the thread a bit but based on the fact you are growing similar to myself I thought I'd ask you - how heavy will you go on leaf thin? I did a pretty substantial one around 3 weeks into 12/12, almost up to 6 weeks now and think they will need one more to get them thru. I do little bits every day but doesn't make a dent now they are in full swing. Pics of current situation:

C95FF6CB 8A4D 4254 995E 2DECFDB102B2
00A17BC6 98F0 41B0 BC65 00071241356A
NoobJay

NoobJay

I dont touch them after week 3 that’s counting +1 week of transition just remove a fan leaf that is hiding a prime bud spot. But that is me and to each their way. But they do need to focus on flowers after this point on and avoid any stress to get prime buds.

NoobJay

NoobJay

I would say keep humidity under 50 and good air flow and you will be good 👍

NoobJay

NoobJay

I did it once in the beginning of flower before flip then in week 3. Lollipop the bottom and cleared any fan leaf bigger than my hand or that was hiding more light to buds sights than getting from my light. Will look for pic if I have any. And starting week 4 now and it still looks like I did not do shit lol.

NoobJay

NoobJay

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit but based on the fact you are growing similar to myself I thought I'd ask you - how heavy will you go on leaf thin? I did a pretty substantial one around 3 weeks into 12/12, almost up to 6 weeks now and think they will need one more to get them thru. I do little bits every day but doesn't make a dent now they are in full swing. Pics of current situation:
Yo looking good! What week are you in now?

NoobJay

NoobJay

To me your defoliation looks great! 👍 and the girls too dam. Good job!

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Yo looking good! What week are you in now?
I'm on day 40 of 12/12 today, day 87 since seed into soil. Thanks for your advice mate, I took a few leaves last night but only to keep a nice air channel through the middle of the plant to control RH. So excited to see how the flowers develop over the last 4 weeks or so 😋

Latest posts

Top Bottom