Need help, New to growing.

• Thread starter Hogg127
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hogg127

Just transplanted 2 weeks ago into final pot, haven’t had any problems beside a pest, now I am starting to notice brown spots on leaves, I have no idea what it is or what to do.

Need help new to growing
Need help new to growing 2
Need help new to growing 3
Need help new to growing 4
Need help new to growing 5
Need help new to growing 6
Need help new to growing 7
Need help new to growing 8
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Back the light off. Ease up on the nitrogen and give it a little calcium and magnesium. Not a lot.
The plant looks quite unhappy.
It looks as though it's a little close to the light. Yellowing along the leaf edges. Leaf surfaces look blistered not bad but it's light stressed.

It also looks like your watering way to often. You need to let it dry out between watering. Weight until the top 1/2 inch of soil in the pot is quite dry. Then deep water. Let it dry out again. You may only need to water this plant once every 3 or 4 days. The plant is a nice dark green. You could cut back on the fertilizer a bit. See the way the leaf tips are curling down. This shows the plant is a little high nitrogen. Nothing to worry about but you should not feed it for a couple of weeks. Then 1/2 what you have been feeding it.

If you happen to have access to fresh wood ash. 1 cup wood ash in a gallon of water mix well. Strain the solution. This is a mineral solution.
Keep it in a jug. Give it a good shake. Add one cup of solution to a gallon of water and deep water your plant with it once it's dried out a few days.
You can water with this solution once a month. This will provide any micro nutrients not currently available in the soil.
A little calcium and magnesium would not hurt. I'm thinking the black blotches are over watering, if it's a mineral deficiency the ash solution will cover that. Plant's need Calcium and Magnesium so just a little cal-mag in the mineral solution will also help keep the plant happy. Your plant should perk right up and look much happier in a few days.

H

Hogg127

It looks as though it's a little close to the light. Yellowing along the leaf edges. Leaf surfaces look blistered not bad but it's light stressed.

It also looks like your watering way to often. You need to let it dry out between watering. Weight until the top 1/2 inch of soil in the pot is quite dry. Then deep water. Let it dry out again. You may only need to water this plant once every 3 or 4 days. The plant is a nice dark green. You could cut back on the fertilizer a bit. See the way the leaf tips are curling down. This shows the plant is a little high nitrogen. Nothing to worry about but you should not feed it for a couple of weeks. Then 1/2 what you have been feeding it.

If you happen to have access to fresh wood ash. 1 cup wood ash in a gallon of water mix well. Strain the solution. This is a mineral solution.
Keep it in a jug. Give it a good shake. Add one cup of solution to a gallon of water and deep water your plant with it once it's dried out a few days.
You can water with this solution once a month. This will provide any micro nutrients not currently available in the soil.
A little calcium and magnesium would not hurt. I'm thinking the black blotches are over watering, if it's a mineral deficiency the ash solution will cover that. Plant's need Calcium and Magnesium so just a little cal-mag in the mineral solution will also help keep the plant happy. Your plant should perk right up and look much happier in a few days.
Thank you!! I will try all the suggestions, and keep you updated.

PurpleGreen

PurpleGreen

It's a bit tricky to figure out from the pic, but it could be a nutrient issue or some pesky bugs messing around. Check your nutrient levels and make sure you're feeding them right. Keep an eye out for any unwanted critters like spider mites or gnats

H

Hogg127

The new soil did say it had dolomite in it, should I still add? It’s only been in the new soil for 2 weeks, could it have access to those nutrients yet?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
The new soil did say it had dolomite in it, should I still add? It’s only been in the new soil for 2 weeks, could it have access to those nutrients yet?
Are you spraying with the lights on?

H

Hogg127

Are you spraying with the lights on?
Usually about 30 min to an hour before they go off. I’ve never really noticed damage from it. This is my first grow ever, I’ve used neem oil because I already had it for my veg garden. But that’s an issue I’ve had the whole time and can’t seem to win. I’ve just searched solutions that pop up first on google. I usually spray it once a week. Any tips and pointers are much appreciated. It’s an amazing feeling watching them grow, not so much when they’re sick.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Usually about 30 min to an hour before they go off. I’ve never really noticed damage from it. This is my first grow ever, I’ve used neem oil because I already had it for my veg garden. But that’s an issue I’ve had the whole time and can’t seem to win. I’ve just searched solutions that pop up first on google. I usually spray it once a week. Any tips and pointers are much appreciated. It’s an amazing feeling watching them grow, not so much when they’re sick.
Ok, foliar sprays with the lights on is no good, even if for a half hour. As the liquid rolls to the ends of your leaves, it pools before it drops, led will definitely cause burns. that’s where some of the damage is likely from. There is very slight evidence of critters too, so keep an eye on them. They look like you are keeping them too wet in the soil as well. Let it dry back fully. I use captain jacks spinodsad spray, it knocks out any critter I’ve ever come across in two treatment sprays. So if you are going to spray, be by your grow area ready to do it when the lights go out.

H

Hogg127

Ok, foliar sprays with the lights on is no good, even if for a half hour. As the liquid rolls to the ends of your leaves, it pools before it drops, led will definitely cause burns. that’s where some of the damage is likely from. There is very slight evidence of critters too, so keep an eye on them. They look like you are keeping them too wet in the soil as well. Let it dry back fully. I use captain jacks spinodsad spray, it knocks out any critter I’ve ever come across in two treatment sprays. So if you are going to spray, be by your grow area ready to do it when the lights go out.
Thank you for your help! I think that’s where I’m going to start after adjusting the lights, let it dry out for several days.

H

Hogg127

On the captain jacks, do use the concentrate or the spray?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you see any itty bitty tiny flies walking/flying around soil surface? have to stare at surface with a magnifying glass, disturb the surface a bit to see?..
my opinion it’s pest first.. twisty leaves, cupping down, etc- root issue..
not a nutrient issue, yes bit of light too close..
and seriously droplets on leaves do not make/leave marks, very rarely if ever.. the water droplet would need to be a certain spherical shape and be raised above the leaf and not sitting on it to create a focal point to burn..
so let’s put that bro science one to rest..
geezus think about outdoor after a rain storm than ripping hot sun, if it was true the plants would be destroyed…

H

Hogg127

you see any itty bitty tiny flies walking/flying around soil surface? have to stare at surface with a magnifying glass, disturb the surface a bit to see?..
my opinion it’s pest first.. twisty leaves, cupping down, etc- root issue..
not a nutrient issue, yes bit of light too close..
and seriously droplets on leaves do not make/leave marks, very rarely if ever.. the water droplet would need to be a certain spherical shape and be raised above the leaf and not sitting on it to create a focal point to burn..
so let’s put that bro science one to rest..
geezus think about outdoor after a rain storm than ripping hot sun, if it was true the plants would be destroyed…
I actually do and just noticed a lot yesterday. They kind of look like gnats or fruit flys and I think they came from some old soil I had close to my grow room. I have seen them before but not as many and the neem oil seemed to keep them at bay. I’ve had a lot of rain in my area lately so that could be the reason for so many. I also haven’t treated with neem in almost 2 weeks due to the stress she’s been under. What should I do if it is a root issue?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I actually do and just noticed a lot yesterday. They kind of look like gnats or fruit flys and I think they came from some old soil I had close to my grow room. I have seen them before but not as many and the neem oil seemed to keep them at bay. I’ve had a lot of rain in my area lately so that could be the reason for so many. I also haven’t treated with neem in almost 2 weeks due to the stress she’s been under. What should I do if it is a root issue?
ok.. thought so.. that’s your main issue..
careful with @Imzzaudae his advice is rarely if ever correct, he just keeps posting the same old crap..
i deal with gnats naturally but that won’t work for you as they have a life cycle of 30 days..
someone will help out with that regarding what to use..

H

Hogg127

ok.. thought so.. that’s your main issue..
careful with @Imzzaudae his advice is rarely if ever correct, he just keeps posting the same old crap..
i deal with gnats naturally but that won’t work for you as they have a life cycle of 30 days..
someone will help out with that regarding what to use..
I have only adjusted lights and have been letting the dry out that’s all I was hoping they needed. Lol. It takes 30 days to get rid of them?

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
I have only adjusted lights and have been letting the dry out that’s all I was hoping they needed. Lol. It takes 30 days to get rid of them?
Or so. You need something with Bti in it to kill the gnat larvae. Mosquito bits have worked well for me.

Top Bottom