Need help, New to growing.

• Thread starter Hogg127
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
they are called a fungas gnat.. hence the word fungas.. from keeping your medium to wet and probably a uncleaned/unsanitary growing environment..
cleanliness is essential!..
get some air circulating and lots of it not necessarily on plants but the room

H

Hogg127

they are called a fungas gnat.. hence the word fungas.. from keeping your medium to wet and probably a uncleaned/unsanitary growing environment..
cleanliness is essential!..
get some air circulating and lots of it not necessarily on plants but the room
That sounds accurate. I’ve been saving for a grow tent but it didn’t happen as soon as I’d liked so I made my own. Obviously not the cleanest. I have 2 fans on low one down low and one up high. Medium setting should work?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
A 20 gallon pot. Bti? Where would I find something like that?
ok pots are tough for my way as you probably have holes on the bottom, that’s an area as with the surface where the gnats are laying eggs, etc..
yes you’ll have to get something to kill the larvee..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
That sounds accurate. I’ve been saving for a grow tent but it didn’t happen as soon as I’d liked so I made my own. Obviously not the cleanest. I have 2 fans on low one down low and one up high. Medium setting should work?
it’ll help with making it uncomfortable for them.. i’d have them on high, again not at plants as you don’t want the plants getting wind/burn stress.. but the gnats/larvee need to be dealt with..

E

Eclipted

Thank you for your help! I think that’s where I’m going to start after adjusting the lights, let it dry out for several days.
You can buy cheap moisture meters that you stick into the soil if you’d like to monitor your moisture a lil more closely, I think they’re like 7$ and they work great

H

Hogg127

ok pots are tough for my way as you probably have holes on the bottom, that’s an area as with the surface where the gnats are laying eggs, etc..
yes you’ll have to get something to kill the larvee..
I don’t, it’s a watering pot. It has a bowl on the bottom. I’m turning the fans on high as soon as I get home.

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
A 20 gallon pot. Bti? Where would I find something like that?
You should be able to get them from any garden supply/Lowe's/Home Depot/Amazon. Sometimes people will soak them in water and then water in. Personally, I've had success just top dressing them in.

H

Hogg127

You should be able to get them from any garden supply/Lowe's/Home Depot/Amazon. Sometimes people will soak them in water and then water in. Personally, I've had success just top dressing them.
You should be able to get them from any garden supply/Lowe's/Home Depot/Amazon. Sometimes people will soak them in water and then water in. Personally, I've had success just top dressing them in.
Thank you, I would prefer top dress if possible. Will I still need to use a foiler spray?

H

Hogg127

no and get that foliage spraying thing out of your head, really never ever a reason for it..
remember gnats have been laying eggs anywhere they can get to a moist medium, not just on top..
Thank you. Consider it gone. That’s why I joined, years of experience. I have none. YouTubers usually show all the good but not much of the bad.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Thank you. Consider it gone. That’s why I joined, years of experience. I have none. YouTubers usually show all the good but not much of the bad.
Can’t ever learn that way right? Got to keep a fairly pragmatic attitude about this here stuff we do. 👊🏻 lots of variables to work around and with.

H

Hogg127

Can’t ever learn that way right? Got to keep a fairly pragmatic attitude about this here stuff we do. 👊🏻 lots of variables to work around and with.
Not at all. I’ve learned more in the week I’ve joined the forum than in the months I’ve been watching videos. I should’ve noticed something when it stopped growing as fast. I figured it was just where I see it almost everyday, but I feel like it should be twice the size for how long it’s been growing.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Not at all. I’ve learned more in the week I’ve joined the forum than in the months I’ve been watching videos. I should’ve noticed something when it stopped growing as fast. I figured it was just where I see it almost everyday, but I feel like it should be twice the size for how long it’s been growing.
Some strains will plump up later than others, or you chalk it up as a learning experience. Either way there is wealth to be had. watching our ladies get their weight up, is like trying to go to sleep before Christmas as a kid, or waiting for water to boil when you’re starving, watching the grass grow, all that jazz. You’d be surprised how much weight a plant can gain on the final push. patience, a bitch ain’t it? 👊🏻

H

Hogg127

Some strains will plump up later than others, or you chalk it up as a learning experience. Either way there is wealth to be had. watching our ladies get their weight up, is like trying to go to sleep before Christmas as a kid, or waiting for water to boil when you’re starving, watching the grass grow, all that jazz. You’d be surprised how much weight a plant can gain on the final push. patience, a bitch ain’t it? 👊🏻
It really is. I’ve been maybe a little to attentive, but I literally think of nothing but flipping it to flower, to see buds start to form. I’ve had her planted for 3 months now, and right after that first top when it bushes out, I fell in love.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
It really is. I’ve been maybe a little to attentive, but I literally think of nothing but flipping it to flower, to see buds start to form. I’ve had her planted for 3 months now, and right after that first top when it bushes out, I fell in love.
Welcome to the team good sir. you done got bit by the bug. Once you really dig into it, it will quickly change to a lifestyle. A hobby yes, but it’s so ingrained in me that if I didn’t grow, I’d be a basket case. it happens to the best of us man! 🤣😎

H

Hogg127

It doesn’t have any top dress instructions. Do you have any recommendations?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
It doesn’t have any top dress instructions. Do you have any recommendations?
probably don’t need much.. i’d say a very thin layer across the surface of the medium and any entrance way into the medium..

Top Bottom