Need help. Thrichome Check. Harvest now?

• Thread starter Holminator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bilber

Bilber

Some strains throw purple trics......not a problem......

She looks great.....

I'm not into couchlock, but your right around the corner of it being done......

If you're going the distance, give it at least another weekish, then post another picture......

Don't always listen to the first answer you get.....many different ways......just pick the one that fits your needs.....

LetItGrowFarAndWide

LetItGrowFarAndWide

Not knowing the characteristics of your strain, but I would say this is "days" away from being ready (less than a week).
Good work. ✅

P.S. What kind of microscope are you using to get those close ups? What's the resolution? 30x?

H

Holminator

Holy shit!
Yeah I was very suprised myself having grown HPS for some years. Very dense nugs and more/ better smell before chop. Hopefully i can bring that out during curing. Unfortunately had to cut the colas up and dry them on racks, instead of hang dry whole plant so im not sure how good it’ll be in comparison.

IMG 4155
IMG 4156
IMG 4158
C

climbit

Yeah I was very suprised myself having grown HPS for some years. Very dense nugs and more/ better smell before chop. Hopefully i can bring that out during curing. Unfortunately had to cut the colas up and dry them on racks, instead of hang dry whole plant so im not sure how good it’ll be in comparison.
We’re concerned about mold? What environment numbers do you shoot for during the dry?

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
A good led is superior for sure

H

Holminator

We’re concerned about mold? What environment numbers do you shoot for during the dry?
Yeah after chopping i opened up one of the colas and noticed the tiniest amount of mold starting. I opened up every cola and cut away the «beginning of mold». Should probably have had a couple of nodes/bud sites extra under the colas to spread the weight better and down even more on humidity the last week or two, i was around 37%RH then, could probably be more towards 30%.
In drying the first day i ran low 35% rh and then i went to 18 Celcius and 65%RH

IMG 4159
H

Holminator

Btw any advice to combat the tiny mold i got? Taller structure of buds with added side light to help light penetration?
This time i will atleast top the plant two times to avoid having a big main branch.
And even lower RH during last weeks.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Btw any advice to combat the tiny mold i got? Taller structure of buds with added side light to help light penetration?
This time i will atleast top the plant two times to avoid having a big main branch.
And even lower RH during last weeks.
I drop my rh to 50 upon flip and lower it slowly down to 30% by the final week and have a lot of air flow, a spore can't land in a wind storm

H

Holminator

I legit can’t make out the mold?
Its not easy to see and i dont know if i would call it mold at this stage but its in its infanty stages i belive. It looks like bigger thricomes but theyre yellow. And the affected area is always between two buds on a cola, the area that does not get any light or airflow. So the area looks lighter in color, light/bright green instead of dark.

Edit: Typo

IMG 4159
Last edited:
C

climbit

Its not easy to see and i dont know if i would call it mold at this stage but its in its infanty stages i belive. It looks like bigger thricomes but theyre yellow. And the affected area is always between two buds on a cola, the area that does not get any light or airflow. So the area looks lighter in color, light/bright green instead of dark.

Aha I think I can make it out now.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter

To me it looks like bud rot

Top Bottom