Need help with high ec

• Thread starter Lewish02
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lewish02

Lewish02

Hi, I've got 12 auto ultimate growing just started flowering 2 weeks in. I'm using flora series micro, gro and bloom using the amounts on the chart. I've added big bud, bud candy and b52 as guy in grow shop advised me too. I was using calmag at 1 ml per liter which I've cut down to .5ml per liter but my ec is meant to be 1.8-2.2 and using my h&m ec3 meter its saying its 3.1. Can anyone advise what to do to lower my ec or is it safe to leave the calmag out altogether. My tap water is soft at 0.09ec. Tia

Need help with high ec
Need help with high ec 2
Need help with high ec 3
Need help with high ec 4
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

So this is in hydro? What style, can't see the pots.

Are you looking at the plants and saying there is a problem or just going by the chart?

Lewish02

Lewish02

So this is in hydro? What style, can't see the pots.

Are you looking at the plants and saying there is a problem or just going by the chart?
There in coco, some look really dark green but haven't got a claw that I can see. I suppose both the dark colour, chart and the ec is bothering me its my first grow and haven't got a clue. Can't find much on the net.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

What method is your hydro? Like an autopot or flood table or ?

Your plants look really good as it is. But depending on your watering technique, the necessary EC will change. For example, in my RDWC setup that level of nutes would burn the shit out of my plants. But if you are watering twice a week, different story. The charts on the bottles are something that you learn to ignore with experience and give the plants what they are asking for. No chart will replace the grower's eyes.

Lewish02

Lewish02

There in fabric 40ltr pots, I water them twice everyday with 20-30% runoff. I can take more photos.

Lewish02

Lewish02

What method is your hydro? Like an autopot or flood table or ?

Your plants look really good as it is. But depending on your watering technique, the necessary EC will change. For example, in my RDWC setup that level of nutes would burn the shit out of my plants. But if you are watering twice a week, different story. The charts on the bottles are something that you learn to ignore with experience and give the plants what they are asking for. No chart will replace the grower's eyes.

20210409 214056
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

So flood drain, right? Not top watering? And you have a res with a pump in it? You are measuring EC in the res?

I see no signs of stress. I wouldn't change it unless something goes wrong. BUT, in general it is a bit better to underfeed than overfeed. If you want to do that, just add more water. Its a lot easier to just bump up the feeding than to try to rescue flush and all that nonsense. Especially in your setup - you must have wings to get to the back of that jungle.

It's still early, I would not cut back on cal-mag until you are well into flower personally. Start cutting back on gro and cal-mag in a few weeks when the buds are actually developed.

This is really good for a first timer, seriously. I know it can be nerve-racking, but try to enjoy your success. Post pics as you go, if you are running into a trouble area, there is lots of smart gardeners here who will help you out.

Lewish02

Lewish02

No I top water, made a diy mini sprinkler system using 10mm hose and irrigation sprinklers with a 4000ltr p/h pump and I bought some large drip trays and drilled a 25mm hole and hooked them up with 25mm hose pipe so that runoff from all of them just drains into bucket. Too much effort going up and down stairs with buckets of water twice a day. I'm starting to regret taking on soo much first time lol. Ill defo follow your advice you've put my mind at ease. Thanks heres a pic of my diy watering. It works really good 👍

20210409 220352
AZLandshaper

AZLandshaper

Looks droopy. You’ve got a load of vegetative growth. Like a damn jungle. I’d water a bit less. Run a risk and see how long it takes to start flagging (leaves waving in the wind due to lack of turgor pressure). Then water 12 hours before that happens. Once your flowering there will be more need for water. But I think you may be watering too much. You want the leaves to be raised to the sun. reaching for it.

I’m not a fan of bud candy and super sizers and Gnarley Nuggets etc. theres always a new product but dudes have been raging the GH for decades and saved money and headache w/o those products.
anyone remember Humboldt bud hardener. good lord!!
just use the GH as Labeled for a dozen runs and you will begin to read the plants. “Little yellowing maybe add a 1/2tsp more of the green” etc. you will tune to the crop.

Adjust the pH of your Simple general hydro solution and let it grow. KISS.

edit. I see you are flowering.... your still looking droopy. Water a little less.

Last edited:
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I grow in coco too , I would half your nutrient strength on your schedule and keep watering twice a day

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If your enviroment is in a good place and temps over 75f with lights on you may benefit from this.

Lewish02

Lewish02

Take 1 gram of table salt (sodium chloride) mix it with 1 litre of DISTILLED WATER. Once dissolved test the meters to see if they are accurate.

They should read EC of 2.0 or a ppm of 1000 on a 500 scale meter.

I'll check that just now. Thanks

Lewish02

Lewish02

If your enviroment is in a good place and temps over 75f with lights on you may benefit from this.

Nice article, I'm going to try it.

Lewish02

Lewish02

Looks droopy. You’ve got a load of vegetative growth. Like a damn jungle. I’d water a bit less. Run a risk and see how long it takes to start flagging (leaves waving in the wind due to lack of turgor pressure). Then water 12 hours before that happens. Once your flowering there will be more need for water. But I think you may be watering too much. You want the leaves to be raised to the sun. reaching for it.

I’m not a fan of bud candy and super sizers and Gnarley Nuggets etc. theres always a new product but dudes have been raging the GH for decades and saved money and headache w/o those products.
anyone remember Humboldt bud hardener. good lord!!
just use the GH as Labeled for a dozen runs and you will begin to read the plants. “Little yellowing maybe add a 1/2tsp more of the green” etc. you will tune to the crop.

Adjust the pH of your Simple general hydro solution and let it grow. KISS.

edit. I see you are flowering.... your still looking droopy. Water a little less.
I was wanting too defoliate a bit on the bottom of them but seen on forms its a bad idea.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Would halfing the solution not cause deficiencies, I read on a few forms that you have to water full dose even if your watering 3 times per day.
You have to water with nutrients every feed is what they mean... but ppm wise 600-800ppm should be plenty in most grows. Unless running co2 or very long veg times with huge plants.

Lewish02

Lewish02

You have to water with nutrients every feed is what they mean... but ppm wise 600-800ppm should be plenty in most grows. Unless running co2 or very long veg times with huge plants.
Aww I get it, perfect. So glad I put a post on this otherwise I could've nuked them with ec lol. Thanks

Lewish02

Lewish02

Not a bad idea... if it needs but each plant should be treated on its own. Have some pics?
I'll take some just now, with it being my first grow I took advice from the guy at my grow shop saying keep them all tight together in 40ltr pots like sog he said. Had to look up what song was but Wish I had done less plants and spaced them out. Lesson learnt for next time

Top Bottom