Need Help With Minor Minor Leaf Curling

• Thread starter Subliminal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Doesnt look like N toxicity or Ph issues from the looks your fine man.

Organikz

Organikz

It's really hard to see it. The slightest canoeing which is the edges curling downward (not to be confused with taco'ing) with the very beginning of clawing. The canoeing slowly works its way towards the main vein.

I went through it my whole last grow thinking it was broadmites. It turns out my C:N ratio was way off.

It's a vicious cycle and took me a while to understand. The nitrogen locks up the calcium and magnesium. Magnesium regulates nitrogen uptake so the nitrogen is left to its own devices and the most readily available. You have to break the cycle with either a carbon fix or a mag force feed to get in and make that nitrogen calm down.

I had the exact problem until I added more mineral dust along with some compost. I even cheated and hit her with a 1tsp to a gallon foliar feed of Epsom salt. It has fixed my issue.

Everyone be NPK chasin when they need to be chasing them micronutes! Haha.

I want to add that I didn't get a fade until 2 days before harvest and buds were under developed due to low BRIX so definitely a nitrogen abundance. The smoke is a little hot.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

Sodium (Na+): High levels of soil Na will displace Ca and lead to Ca leaching. This can result in poor soil structure and possible Na toxicity to the crop. Conversely, applications of soluble Ca, typically as gypsum, are commonly used to desalinate sodic soils through the displacement principle in reverse.

Sorry it locks up calcium which in turn locks up magnesium. These ate both uptake regulators.

S

Subliminal

@fatawa hit the nail on the head. You have a nutrient sensitive strain and or pheno. This is the very beginning of nitrogen tox.

I've heard of people having to feed 1/4 suggested strength to some finicky plants. If your in fox farms soil you won't need nutes until flower. An EWC top dress with a neem and kelp meal dress over that at 12/12 would get you to the end of flower. No bottles.
They are autoflower if though. My light cycle is 20-4. They seem to be doing alright now (don't want to jinx it)

Organikz

Organikz

Looked like over or under watering to me
That's very possible. Overwatering does cause similar symptoms. It's when that damn claw comes out you know you'll be trying to get the C to N right again.

This guy learned the hard way after a few coconut water feeds with low C ratio and not realizing how fulvic acid is truly utilized as a chelater...spelling...is that even a word? Lol.

S

Subliminal

That's very possible. Overwatering does cause similar symptoms. It's when that damn claw comes out you know you'll be trying to get the C to N right again.

This guy learned the hard way after a few coconut water feeds with low C ratio and not realizing how fulvic acid is truly utilized as a chelater...spelling...is that even a word? Lol.
Interesting. Thanks for the help. what do you recommend doing to fix that?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Interesting. Thanks for the help. what do you recommend doing to fix that?
If in coco, water every day after your plant gets big and your pot feels lighter the next day.
Smaller plants may go a few days in coco before needing watered, you have to wait until they feel lighter than when you just watered them but still be moist, never let coco completely dry.
If in dirt, do not water until the pot feels light and the top few inches of dirt crumble to dust.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it. It's hard when a week goes by and it's still moist to not water. Have you encountered that before? Taking a week to dry out and be ready for a water?
go get a cheap moisture probe bro,,keep your soil at 45 to 55 % moisture and you will rock um,,they have a few that have ph ,moisture and light,cheap amazon 15 bucks

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

all leafs seem to be great except I noticed a couple were curling a little bit. Curious if this is because of a problem or sometimes it's normal for them to curl minimally. There is no discoloration or dryness. Just minor curling that's it!

Look fine to me

S

Subliminal

Look fine to me
Since this post they have quadrupled in size. Some leafs have a little sag and one or two the tips are pointing up. I got the moisture meter like you suggested. That's a great idea and takes out the guessing. I ph my water every single water. Do you think even though I ph my water that the soils ph could be funky?

S

Subliminal

Also is it common for a lower leaf to look like this 5 weeks in? It's the only leaf like that. No discoloration or anything. You can also see the minor leaf tip sagging in the picture as well. Your thoughts?

IMG 1452
Last edited:
GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Since this post they have quadrupled in size. Some leafs have a little sag and one or two the tips are pointing up. I got the moisture meter like you suggested. That's a great idea and takes out the guessing. I ph my water every single water. Do you think even though I ph my water that the soils ph could be funky?

I wouldn't worry to much about it the leaf drooping only seems to be on one leaf sometimes the plants will do that on a leaf or possibly a section of leaves it means there is something going on but a minor issue that the plant will probably correct on its own Iv had plants do that to me and I just let them be but obviously watch them to see if situation gets worse but usually snap right out of it. Yes some leaves especially towards the bottom will die through out a plants life no matter what stage don't worry my friend :)

S

Subliminal

I wouldn't worry to much about it the leaf drooping only seems to be on one leaf sometimes the plants will do that on a leaf or possibly a section of leaves it means there is something going on but a minor issue that the plant will probably correct on its own Iv had plants do that to me and I just let them be but obviously watch them to see if situation gets worse but usually snap right out of it. Yes some leaves especially towards the bottom will die through out a plants life no matter what stage don't worry my friend :)
Thank you!!!! Appreciate it!

S

Subliminal

What up Ganga I have another ? for you! I'm 46 days into my OG and White Widow autoflower. Looks like the budding has begun. Long white hairs everywhere. Well I mentioned before about leaves yellowing and dieing. I'd say the bottom layer or so of fan leafs have turned yellow and fallen off. I was thinking nitrogen defiancy but didn't want to make that call so fast. I watered them Tuesday for the first time with some Fox Farm Grow big and root excel. I noticed Tuesday when I was watering some leaves were turning yellow. I read up on it and it could be a nitrogen defiency. I didn't sweat it because the grow big has some nitrogen in it. A couple more leaves have turned yellow on all three plants lower level fan leafs and fallen off. Should I hit them with Grow big again in hopes of another boost in nitrogen. When I fed them I used one tsp when the bottle required 2-3. I didn't want to shock them and burn them. The top picture is when I watered Tuesday. The next two pictures are from last night when I cleaned up the mulch so there were no dead leaves.

IMG 1604
IMG 1653
IMG 1654
S

Subliminal

Confusing because the plant looks amazingly healthy and green. All the white hairs are forming nice. Next week I was ready to hit it with some big bloom.

S

Subliminal

It's only at the very bottom and it's on the other two plants.

Top Bottom