Need Help With Minor Minor Leaf Curling

• Thread starter Subliminal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

It's only at the very bottom and it's on the other two plants.

What is up my friend plant is looking great with an exception of that lower leaf I am no expert with Auto Flowers as I am in the middle of my first 3 being grown as we speak if it were a nitrogen deficiency it would b spread to more then just that single leaf sometimes the bottom leaves tend to die off keep feeding as you are remember Auto plants need lighter feedings if more leaves start dieing more regular then u know u got some issues but cross that bridge when you come to it lol pluck it for now and see what happens when u Feed them again. But looking good man

S

Subliminal

What is up my friend plant is looking great with an exception of that lower leaf I am no expert with Auto Flowers as I am in the middle of my first 3 being grown as we speak if it were a nitrogen deficiency it would b spread to more then just that single leaf sometimes the bottom leaves tend to die off keep feeding as you are remember Auto plants need lighter feedings if more leaves start dieing more regular then u know u got some issues but cross that bridge when you come to it lol pluck it for now and see what happens when u Feed them again. But looking good man[/QUOTE

S

Subliminal

What is up my friend plant is looking great with an exception of that lower leaf I am no expert with Auto Flowers as I am in the middle of my first 3 being grown as we speak if it were a nitrogen deficiency it would b spread to more then just that single leaf sometimes the bottom leaves tend to die off keep feeding as you are remember Auto plants need lighter feedings if more leaves start dieing more regular then u know u got some issues but cross that bridge when you come to it lol pluck it for now and see what happens when u Feed them again. But looking good man
Ive been doing research all day about the possible ailments. I was not worried until more fan leaves started turning yellow. I was wondering if due to less light because of how tall they are now. Or I in fact have a defiency. I hope when I get home today all is good and it isn't spreading. I'm going to take them out and take more pictures later and post them. Mind taking a look?

S

Subliminal

I'd say I've lost 5-6 fan leaves in the past week. The lowest level moving up.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Ive been doing research all day about the possible ailments. I was not worried until more fan leaves started turning yellow. I was wondering if due to less light because of how tall they are now. Or I in fact have a defiency. I hope when I get home today all is good and it isn't spreading. I'm going to take them out and take more pictures later and post them. Mind taking a look?

Would be my pleasure my friend ha be careful sometime to much information might actually help u find a problem that was never really there to begin with lol meaning don't fret it looks to me like a light issue and the plant being taller I will do some research on it as well as I am growing autos for the first time to ( thumbs up)

S

Subliminal

Would be my pleasure my friend ha be careful sometime to much information might actually help u find a problem that was never really there to begin with lol meaning don't fret it looks to me like a light issue and the plant being taller I will do some research on it as well as I am growing autos for the first time to ( thumbs up)
Yea your right sometimes to much info hurts you more then helps. Yea it's tricky as all hell. I'm right in the middle of going from Grow big nutrients to big bloom. I know the blooming nutrients has less nitrogen. I also know that last week it could have been nitrogen deficient and it's now showing up this week. If that's the case I should be good because I fed it a tsp per gallon of Grow big which has a 6 on the npk scale on the nutrients bottle.

S

Subliminal

Went out there doesn't look like any new yellow leaves are forming. But I did have to wiggle off a handful of yellow dead ones. 4 of them all together. All of them at the very bottom of the plant. Two big fan leafs and two smaller guys. Top of plant looks to be in excellent condition. Gonna assume it's lack of light.

H

heisen

plant looks good.always watch your new growth.them big fan leaves on the bottoms are sinks anyway.They dont give the plant any sugars but just take from the plant to stay alive.Usually low light takes them out anyway.some of the advice here still has me scratching my head.just keep doing what your doing and dont start overloading your plant with a bunch OF BS when u have 1 or 2 leaves go janky on you.You will never know what the problem was or how you corrected it.Always make small changes 1 at a time and look at the new growth for improvements so you know what the problem was.Start throwing PH uppers and downers in the mix and probes and all that other crap and your gonna end up with a willy nillied up plant.bank on it.Autos are a whole different animal when growing.You dont get a fix time before flower.They are already all in by time 3 weeks rolls around so you need to have your game plan in place and already know how your gonna feed your plants.Especially in soil where issues can take days to show up from something you did last week or didnt do.

H

heisen

All that top feed and lime and all that snake oil BS is not necessary using fox farm or roots O soil.that soil is good to go out of the bag.As long as your PH is right from the jump its hard to lock anything up unless your dumping chemical ph balancers in there and giving your plant more nutes than the lights are allowing for.nutes should match the amount of light you are giving the plant plain and simple.should be a good balance there and there is not 1 single 1 plan fits all..Everyones grow is different.Humidity,temp,air flow,lights,etc etc.Its up to you to decide how you want to feed and water your plants.be a proactive grower and not a reactive grower on every little leaf spot or curl.Once you know how to take care of your plants you will never even be worried about weird shit going on.you will already know everything that needs to go in that pot to grow a healthy ass plant.dont matter if its a cactus or a pot plant the rules are the same.it will take a few grows under your belt but dont get carried away with it.some of these guys do a rediculous amount of unecessary BS to there plants and most of the time they think they just grew the worlds biggest buds in reality they arent yielding a barrel of monkey nuts.Once you realize less is more you'll have it nailed down to a science.

S

Subliminal

All that top feed and lime and all that snake oil BS is not necessary using fox farm or roots O soil.that soil is good to go out of the bag.As long as your PH is right from the jump its hard to lock anything up unless your dumping chemical ph balancers in there and giving your plant more nutes than the lights are allowing for.nutes should match the amount of light you are giving the plant plain and simple.should be a good balance there and there is not 1 single 1 plan fits all..Everyones grow is different.Humidity,temp,air flow,lights,etc etc.Its up to you to decide how you want to feed and water your plants.be a proactive grower and not a reactive grower on every little leaf spot or curl.Once you know how to take care of your plants you will never even be worried about weird shit going on.you will already know everything that needs to go in that pot to grow a healthy ass plant.dont matter if its a cactus or a pot plant the rules are the same.it will take a few grows under your belt but dont get carried away with it.some of these guys do a rediculous amount of unecessary BS to there plants and most of the time they think they just grew the worlds biggest buds in reality they arent yielding a barrel of monkey nuts.Once you realize less is more you'll have it nailed down to a science.
Thank you for all of the advice. All the top growth is looking beautiful. I'd have to say I've lost somewhere between 13-15 big and little fan leaves so far. Due to yellowness and then they fall off. After looking and I thinking I assumed it was low light and didn't want to go and start adding nutrients because the top growth looks great. I decided to stay the course and if something happens then I know next time what to do. Personally I think I should have started the Fox Farm Grow Big a lot earlier than I did. I think that extra couple shots of nitrogen would have helped big time. Thanks for your advice though I'll take what I think I need from it and move forward!

T

Tommy Dragon

Do u have any small gnats flyin around in ur grow??? If u do u prob have root aphids... they will wipe ur grow out if u got em... plants show signs of nitrogen deficiency but its not... i learned the hard way n lost 5 large plants to those lil fuckers... i used sns 203 all natural soil drench to end n prevent the problem in the future... lots of the commercial soils have the eggs in them so u usually have to treat em otherwise that problem will develop...

S

Subliminal

Do u have any small gnats flyin around in ur grow??? If u do u prob have root aphids... they will wipe ur grow out if u got em... plants show signs of nitrogen deficiency but its not... i learned the hard way n lost 5 large plants to those lil fuckers... i used sns 203 all natural soil drench to end n prevent the problem in the future... lots of the commercial soils have the eggs in them so u usually have to treat em otherwise that problem will develop...
I had those little bitches a couple weeks into it. I put an additional 2-1/2" worth of top soil after researching they nest in the top two inches. After a month of bottom feeding they were no where to be found. Now I water regularly from the top. My girls are looking great so far. I'm 9 weeks in. I have 2 OG Kush and 2 White Widow. They are pretty healthy now. I cut off all the undergrowth with sanitized shears and they seem to have loved it. I determined lack of light at the bottom for the yellowness based on the sole fact that all of the top growth is perfectly healthy! Thanks for the advice I'll keep what you said in mind for my next Grow. Can explain sns 203 more to me? Do you do it before you plant?

T

Tommy Dragon

I had those little bitches a couple weeks into it. I put an additional 2-1/2" worth of top soil after researching they nest in the top two inches. After a month of bottom feeding they were no where to be found. Now I water regularly from the top. My girls are looking great so far. I'm 9 weeks in. I have 2 OG Kush and 2 White Widow. They are pretty healthy now. I cut off all the undergrowth with sanitized shears and they seem to have loved it. I determined lack of light at the bottom for the yellowness based on the sole fact that all of the top growth is perfectly healthy! Thanks for the advice I'll keep what you said in mind for my next Grow. Can explain sns 203 more to me? Do you do it before you plant?
U can, i do it after the plants r in the pots and then i mix it in a spray bottle and spray the top of the soil after i feed them in order to keep a fresh barrier where they lay eggs... if u dont c any gnats flyin around u dont have to do the full drench that often... i usually just do it initially and when i transplant to bigger pots for flowering...

T

Tommy Dragon

I meant to say nitrogen toxicity not deficiency... my mistake

S

Subliminal

U can, i do it after the plants r in the pots and then i mix it in a spray bottle and spray the top of the soil after i feed them in order to keep a fresh barrier where they lay eggs... if u dont c any gnats flyin around u dont have to do the full drench that often... i usually just do it initially and when i transplant to bigger pots for flowering...
Ok I understand. If it happens again I'll be doing that. Due to having to be as discreet as possible my girls are in a not so ideal place I can't control the temperature. So that probably has something to do with it too.

Top Bottom