NEED HELP WITH VENTED c02 ROOM

• Thread starter mc_lazy_is
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mc_lazy_is

OK so im running a vertical octagon set up and the light fixtures are air cooled. I also have a can 75 filter in the room attached to a 8 inch max fan. I was thinking of venting these 2 fans out but am worried that if i run c02 it will be wasted. How can i properly add c02 without wasting any? but still cool my lites and control odor in my room? I was thinking of just seal venting the lights so its not pulling any air from the room just the hoods and just using the filter as a scrubber. If the filter was ran 24 hours a day as a scrubber would it be wasting c02? Im still planning on getting a tank or generator but am just trying to figure this out before i go start buying things. Any input would be of great help

O

Octopus Sun

You got it. Thats the way to go for sure. I run a sealed CO2 room and I use outside air to cool my lights, pushing the air through the lights and venting them outside.
I use my Max150 w 10" can to scrub the room air, no venting at all. Just run it inside the grow room, and it works fine. no scent at all.

O

Octopus Sun

no you do not vent it out. Just stand the filter up with the fan attached and let her rip 24/7. No Venting is needed. r

M

mc_lazy_is

OO i was just worried that the CFMs on the can filter would suck c02 from the air. But if the carbon filter does not effect the c02 it shouldnt matter right?

M

mc_lazy_is

Ok so i went to the hydro store and the guy tells me you cant seal vent your lights? He says if your hood is sealed and theres only air being pulled from one side it will not be cooled? I am confused why the light wouldnt be cooled if there is a fan sucking hot air out of the hood while it is on.

So here is a picture of my light fixture, as you can see theres a 6 inch vent on the bottom side of the fixture for air cooling. But at the top it is open. The guy at the hydro store tells me if i Cover up that top so none of the rooms air can get in, it will stay hot and not cool. I am confused why this wouldnt work. If anyone can give their 2 cents it would be great thanks.

[IMG]http://i307.invalid.com/albums/nn287/mc_lazy_is/100_0804.jpg[/IMG]

C

CAPO

seriously?.........first call that a "cooltube" and not a "hood". Secondly, like Octopus said, pull outside air through the "cool tubes" and vent that hot air outside.

Ask yourself, "what happens when you close the end of a drinking straw with your finger?".........That's why your "cool tubes" won't be cooling, in fact you will be taxing your fan really hard by creating a VACUUM. Which in turn could start a fire...which could kill every life form in or near your grow operation.
As a matter of principle, I STRONGLY ADVISE YOU TO HAVE AN EXPERIENCED GROWER HELP YOU SET UP YOUR GARDEN.

Top Bottom