Need recommendations for LED and tent

• Thread starter SchwiftyGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I never used it - and I never paid $5,900 for a tent. I just use a closet or a room in the house. Just need a fan, a light and exhaust.
That price is in pesos. It’s around $270 US. I was going to go a closet or room but since my house doesn’t have AC, just natural mountain wind with windows open, I figured tent would be easier to manage the environment, humidity etc.

Moshmen

Moshmen

You rock man, I can’t thank you enough! This will only be for flowering, 6 plants at a time, I won’t be staggering them. I will be growing multiple strains so the ability to adjust for different heights will be huge!

I’ll measure out my space but I’m sure I have enough room for a 5x5. I want to do this right the first time, so if I have to invest heavy on the equipment that is fine as long as I don’t have to repurchase for inadequate lighting and space.

I can get 2 TS2000 fairly reasonable, so I may invest in that and get those ordered.

Cheers!
I have multiple brand lights and of them all the mars is my least favorite

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

And another great combination would be them in the tsl model . That would get to the edges better imho.

growsince79

growsince79

That price is in pesos. It’s around $270 US. I was going to go a closet or room but since my house doesn’t have AC, just natural mountain wind with windows open, I figured tent would be easier to manage the environment, humidity etc.
What's the average outdoor rh? Without an AC or dehumidifier, it might be impossible to keep the humidity below 60%

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
What's the average outdoor rh? Without an AC or dehumidifier, it might be impossible to keep the humidity below 60%
Annual average for my location is 62%, April is it’s lowest month at 32%

Magellan14

Magellan14

Black Dog LED. There are no better lights. Well worth every dime. People can talk all the BS they want but the proof is in the results.

Last edited:
11Ron11

11Ron11

This is my setup and I have had good success.
If you don't have ac your going to want a good exhaust to manage humidity.

20220814 115803
20220814 115636
20220814 115610
20220814 115558
20220814 115511
20220814 115503
20220814 115435
20220814 115427
MomsGrowGanja

MomsGrowGanja

Start with a basic 2x4 Spider Farmer kit with their SP2000. It's a decent basic setup and will let you grow 2-3 plants from seed to harvest. That way you don't have a HUGE investment into a larger setup and aren't disappointed or find you have wasted money. Once you have a harvest under your belt, you have lots of choices. I started with a 2x4, then added a 4x4 with a pair of HLG lights. Perpetual grow. Use the 2x4 to veg and start plants, then rotate them every 2 weeks into the 4x4.
Do you run SF 2000 personally? What do you think about a 2000 to cover 3x3 in a 4x4 tent? Not opposed to upgrade, just do I need to?

ninjadip

ninjadip

Ohuhu 48"x 48"x 80" Hydroponic Grow Tent with Observation Window & Tool Bag, Mylar Hydroponic Plant Growing Tent with Durable 600D Oxford Cover for Indoor Plant Growing, Gardening and Germination https://a.co/d/fOlO3jz
This is a great brand! I bought another brand, vipar spectra, for a mother tent and it's crap compared to the Ohuhu. After having one bad tent I have appreciated the ohuhu a lot more. Not one light leak, and the zippers are of superior quality.

SSgrower

SSgrower

I run a Philzon FD 4500 in my 4x4 Viparspectra tent, I also have an L A Garden 2x4 to help. You'll figure it out with all these guys helping, Cheers.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I run a Philzon FD 4500 in my 4x4 Viparspectra tent, I also have an L A Garden 2x4 to help. You'll figure it out with all these guys helping, Cheers.
Thanks for recommendation! I just said the hell with it for now and spent $45 and converted a room into a 5x3x8 area with a dehumidifier. All I have to get now is a light big enough for the space and a better exhaust. :)

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Well, regardless of what you choose, don't go with Mars Hydro. Almost every other grow light manufacturer makes better quality lights than Mars Hydro. This is a fact and not an opinion. What Mars Hydro does well is on the marketing side. What they don't do well is after sales warranty and technical support. I would stay away from all Mars Hydro products period.

Tents - Buy the largest tent you have space for. It's easy to see all that room in a 3 x 3 when it's empty. The truth is once plants are growing its very very small. You'll struggle to grow quality weed if your space is so packed your plants can't breathe.

Tents vs Closets/Spare rooms. Closets and Spare rooms don't have zippers ... the quality of the zipper on the tent is one of the most important aspects to research prior to buying a tent. With that, I'd also be looking at tent pole diameters and if the corner pieces are plastic or metal. Plastic corners and ultra thin poles = junk. Last, thin tent fabric usually leads to light leaks. If you want your tent to last, don't cut corners here ... A good quality tent will last years. A poor quality tent might not finish your first grow season.

Who makes good grow equipment? AC Infinity/HLG/Spider Farmer/VivoSun/AgroMax and others ... you'll never find Mars Hydro on the list of recommended equipment when talking with well seasoned indoor growers.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Thanks for recommendation! I just said the hell with it for now and spent $45 and converted a room into a 5x3x8 area with a dehumidifier. All I have to get now is a light big enough for the space and a better exhaust. :)
As long as you've eliminated all light leaks, you'll probably have less issues and more satisfaction in the 5 x 3 x 8 space you've converted. Protect all floors and walls with something water-proof and you're golden.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
As long as you've eliminated all light leaks, you'll probably have less issues and more satisfaction in the 5 x 3 x 8 space you've converted. Protect all floors and walls with something water-proof and you're golden.
I built it out yesterday and there aren’t any light leaks. The only thing I’d like to do is find a better way to open and close it up. Right now I have a tarp with the black liner taped to it and I just kind of pull it back to let me in, but it works for now

58C2CCE9 1926 4B7D 87AD 506130F589E2
477936BD 1E4A 4595 99EF C619711F8B15
81848D0E 0D6F 4F01 838B ADF32F068AC9
C4904722 0525 40FE B3AE 92B209FF8F4C
8B72D870 7155 4BA9 B95F 1AE8E812A893
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I built it out yesterday and there aren’t any light leaks. The only thing I’d like to do is find a better way to open and close it up. Right now I have a tarp with the black liner taped to it and I just kind of pull it back to let me in, but it works for now
This is all temporary until I can afford to import a good tent and grow light. I was thinking about the new Mars Hydro tsw2000 just because it’s one I could find relatively affordable with import fees and the AC infinity 6” exhaust, but now I’m questioning my decision on the light lmao!!

My goal is to have 4 plants in flowering, but I had to throw this room together as fast as I could to get humidity under control. I’m going on week 6 of flower and I was scared to let it continue to grow outdoors.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I use black out curtains to divide off my basement & 4 - 5' x 5' panda plastic wood framed panels I hinge 2 together and use around my plants for reflection in a diamond pattern with fans in the corners. I found a tent very restrictive and awkward to water the back plants..

Just make sure you are 100% blacked out while lights are on in the opposing room. I fked up a couple of grows early on by thinking a little light leak won't matter.....100% blackout or grow tomato's they don't care.

Oh and my recommendation for a tent would be Spiderfarmer tent...I have their 3 x 3 and it seals well with good zippers and a good price....in Canada no tax or shipping charges

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I use black out curtains to divide off my basement & 4 - 5' x 5' panda plastic wood framed panels I hinge 2 together and use around my plants for reflection in a diamond pattern with fans in the corners. I found a tent very restrictive and awkward to water the back plants..

Just make sure you are 100% blacked out while lights are on in the opposing room. I fked up a couple of grows early on by thinking a little light leak won't matter.....100% blackout or grow tomato's they don't care.
Great information!!!! I will look into this because I definitely need a solution for the entrance! Thanks again!

So this is an outdoor storage room, so it’s enclosed but still exposed as well. On the back wall is an external bathroom with all the water turned off to that area. I will be using that to exhaust the old air when the exhaust fan arrives.

I did a light leak test yesterday and had everything closed and turned off all the lights and thankfully completely dark!! As long as the liner doesn’t come down 😂

pilto

pilto

Do you run SF 2000 personally? What do you think about a 2000 to cover 3x3 in a 4x4 tent? Not opposed to upgrade, just do I need to?
Sorry I missed this. I have 2 of the SF2000s. I run them with a Mars Hydro SP3000 in a 5x5 tent. I am about to switch a Horticulture Lighting Group kit with the Mars Hydro. (https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/collections/kits/products/320w-xl-qb-v2-led-kit) and put the Mars SF3000 in a 2x4 to run a couple Blue Gelato 41 from Barney's Farm. I ran two of the SF2000s in a 4x4 for my first run. It was fine. Not sure if it's quite enough for a 3x3 space but it should be fine.
HLG is running a really good sale and this light kit (https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/collections/kits/products/260w-qb-v2-rspec-led-kit) would be perfect for your space and with the sale price, might be comparable to the Spider Farmer light with a little more wattage. I have 2 of the same kits but in the larger side heat sink that I used in my 4x4 now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom