Need solid advice

• Thread starter 603cannabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
603cannabis

603cannabis

Hey guys I have a sour diesel plant that I’m having issues with have several other plants growing under the same light in the same tent etc. with no issues. Growing under a 600 watt MH in 7 gal living soil (no bottle nutes). Slowly the leaves have been getting worse started with the edges yellowing and more... then the little brown spots popped up I thought it was potassium def and then thought it might be mag def, needless to say I’ve dry amended it with everything I have and even tried bottle cal mag to see and nothing is helping not sure what to do

Need solid advice
Need solid advice 2
Need solid advice 3
Need solid advice 4
BigCube

BigCube

That looks like textbook pictures of inter-veinal chlorosis. I would guess zinc or mag, but you've given it calmag so that should have fix it, if that was the problem.

Good luck man 👍
Hope someone else knows more!

603cannabis

603cannabis

That looks like textbook pictures of inter-veinal chlorosis. I would guess zinc or mag, but you've given it calmag so that should fix it, if that was the problem.

Good luck man 👍
That’s what I initially thought but I dry amended twice and gave Couple ferments and as a last resort gave it cal mag I hate using bottle nutes been fighting it for almost two weeks. Thanks man hopefully I don’t see anymore developing. Any suggesting on an organic zinc amendment? I believe my mineral mix has some in it but can’t remember off the top of my head thanks again 🙏

603cannabis

603cannabis

Looks like potassium deficiency. Mag starts at the bottom. Did it get worse after more nutes and cal mag?
I wouldn’t say it get worse due to the nutes but steadily getting worse yes, I amended twice with gro-kashi and my normal veg dry amendments with have a bunch of potash in them. Basically I believe I have given it every possible nutrient i can think of and there seems to be no improvement/ slowly getting worse. Only other thing I could think of is soil PH is off but I’ve watered at 6.5 every time and no other plants have shown any signs of deficiency’s

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I wouldn’t say it get worse due to the nutes but steadily getting worse yes, I amended twice with gro-kashi and my normal veg dry amendments with have a bunch of potash in them. Basically I believe I have given it every possible nutrient i can think of and there seems to be no improvement/ slowly getting worse. Only other thing I could think of is soil PH is off but I’ve watered at 6.5 every time and no other plants have shown any signs of deficiency’s

I dont have full organic experience but i think it is too much nutes or imbalanced ratio. Not sure how to fix it though.

603cannabis

603cannabis

I dont have full organic experience but i think it is too much nutes or imbalanced ratio. Not sure how to fix it though.
Shouldn’t ever be to much nutrient that’s the perk to living soil plant will only uptake what it needs, and the bacteria and fungus should also help break down the amendments making more available. I’m gunna run down and buy a soil PH meter to double check to see if the PH is off some how and pick up something for zinc and manganese

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Shouldn’t ever be to much nutrient that’s the perk to living soil plant will only uptake what it needs, and the bacteria and fungus should also help break down the amendments making more available. I’m gunna run down and buy a soil PH meter to double check to see if the PH is off some how and pick up something for zinc and manganese

Certainly can over nute organic soil. If it was mixed properly ph shouldnt be a problem though.

B

Burned Haze

I say spray 1/4-1/2 strength potassium fert (read bottle/bag and make sure it Should be used for foliar too, otherwise find a diff one obviously ) with wetting agent and see results if you organics and it’s taking too long or lacking and its a good test to see if that’s the nute you need ,less is better so you don’t hurt them .
my suggestion for fert would be some kelp

Last edited by a moderator:
growsince79

growsince79

Hey guys I have a sour diesel plant that I’m having issues with have several other plants growing under the same light in the same tent etc. with no issues. Growing under a 600 watt MH in 7 gal living soil (no bottle nutes). Slowly the leaves have been getting worse started with the edges yellowing and more... then the little brown spots popped up I thought it was potassium def and then thought it might be mag def, needless to say I’ve dry amended it with everything I have and even tried bottle cal mag to see and nothing is helping not sure what to do
What kind and how much dry amendments did you use?

603cannabis

603cannabis

I say spray 1/4-1/2 strength potassium fert (read bottle/bag and make sure it Should be used for foliar too, otherwise find a diff one obviously ) with wetting agent and see results if you organics and it’s taking too long or lacking and its a good test to see if that’s the nute you need ,less is better so you don’t hurt them .
my suggestion for fert would be some kelp
I might try doing a foliage spray with gro-kashi I know the bag says you can and it has potassium, other than that I don’t know what I could use I don’t have any chemical nutes and all the hydro shops around me are shut down due to this virus

603cannabis

603cannabis

I agree that looks like classic potassium deficiency. Too much calcium can Inhibit potassium uptake, but other than that I have no suggestions. I'm not a living soil guy.
You think I should “flush” the soil to see if it might be the calcium inhibiting the uptake of potassium or try to foliar feed gro-kashi and see if that helps?

cottageman

cottageman

Now I’m not a living soil grower but I would get very similar issues during the beginning of flowering when my plants would stretch a lot and I wasn’t getting enough runoff so the ppm’s were spiking and causing lockouts. I know you don’t need runoff every feeding with soil but it looks like a very similar problem. Even got the brown spots on the edges of the leaves that I thought was a calcium deficiency but it was actually a lockout

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Now I’m not a living soil grower but I would get very similar issues during the beginning of flowering when my plants would stretch a lot and I wasn’t getting enough runoff so the ppm’s were spiking and causing lockouts. I know you don’t need runoff every feeding with soil but it looks like a very similar problem. Even got the brown spots on the edges of the leaves that I thought was a calcium deficiency but it was actually a lockout

This is likely. Good call. Same symptoms as overwatering. Roots cant uptake.

603cannabis

603cannabis

I just flushed it with a gal of water at 6.5 and gunna go from there I guess foliar feed some gro kashi tomorrow night

603cannabis

603cannabis

water heavy with molasses
top dress with epsom salts
I normally add about 2 teaspoons of molasses every watering for the microbes already, you doing more? How much epsom salt? And that’s for magnesium and sulphur right?

Formallyhap

Formallyhap

mollasses is for calcium and magnesium in a quick low dose bioavailable kick and to jumpstart the microbes if you low in any micros

but if you're already doing that, then you aren't dealing with that

what's your soil? What is buffering your soil PH?
Are you just Ph ing your feed water?

Top Bottom