Need some advice. Plants were perfect last time I watered

• Thread starter MaverickNEA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PK1

PK1

Supporter
I start from seed in 7 gallon pots and i dont have watering problems just have to pay attention to the amount of water and when to water.
You feed them when the bottom of the fiber pot is semi-dry/little moist. You can pick the fiber pot up and also see how heavy it is, but it is also important to water them correctly. By that i mean, watering the the area that the plant got transplanted to all the way to the pots inner ring. Allowing the roots to grow and go on search for nutrients will make sure that the plant root system is growing. You also need to give breaks between watering which would allow the roots to still get air. 20 to 30 min intervals. So, if you are giving it 1 gallon of water, break that down to four quarters and between each watering give 20 to 30 min breaks.

MaverickNEA

MaverickNEA

I was always taught to plant your seed in the pot you'll finish with. Transplanting is hard on the plant. Of course watering it correctly helps for sure. 👍

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I was always taught to plant your seed in the pot you'll finish with. Transplanting is hard on the plant. Of course watering it correctly helps for sure. 👍
all depends how you transplant. Monkey style transplanting will cause it to shock. However, if you do it properly and with care then you should be fine. I like to start the seed in a small clear plastic cup with holes in it. Then i put that clear plastic cup into another cup that has colours. I like the clear cup cuz then i can see the amount of roots it has made before i transplant into final home. So i only transplant once. from there i water the outer ring of the transplanted pot. This is to ensure that the roots start moving into the new soil because it has water. also, give 20/30 min break intervals between watering.

MaverickNEA

MaverickNEA

all depends how you transplant. Monkey style transplanting will cause it to shock. However, if you do it properly and with care then you should be fine. I like to start the seed in a small clear plastic cup with holes in it. Then i put that clear plastic cup into another cup that has colours. I like the clear cup cuz then i can see the amount of roots it has made before i transplant into final home. So i only transplant once. from there i water the outer ring of the transplanted pot. This is to ensure that the roots start moving into the new soil because it has water. also, give 20/30 min break intervals between watering.
I pretty much do the same. Make the roots look for food/water. 👍

MaverickNEA

MaverickNEA

Still going great! Another watering/feed last night. They seem to love everything so far. The light is still high above the plants but I did set it at 80%. 👍

Screenshot 20211213 200605 Gallery
MaverickNEA

MaverickNEA

Nice looking girls they seem to love there new home.
I'm getting used to growing this way. I've always grow areoponicly or hydroponicaly. So far.....I'm loving growing in Sunshine mix #4. Plants respond way better than the last crap I was using. Glad I took the advice I received from the guys on this forum. Top notch advice. Saved all my plants from certain death lol. 👍

CactusJack1

CactusJack1

Supporter
Im using sunshine number 4 with earthworm castings and bokashi thats it there autos and will feed flowering nutes organic when needed.

MaverickNEA

MaverickNEA

Im using sunshine number 4 with earthworm castings and bokashi thats it there autos and will feed flowering nutes organic when needed.
I have a huge bag or castings, bone and blood meal here. I may give a sprinkle here and there. So far, my Sunshine mix and advanced nutrients iguana juice and ancient earth is doing well so I'm not going to jinx it and add other stuff yet. I have some other stuff from advanced nutrients for flowering. I'm only using advanced nutrients because I didn't have to pay for it. 👍

CactusJack1

CactusJack1

Supporter
Every couple of weeks i top dress 2 table spoons when working properly you will see white fuzz on soil which is good . With Pro-Gro you get the best of both. Nutrients and beneficial microbes are available immediately, as well as a slow release and breakdown over 3-4 weeks.

Top Bottom