Need some help! Can't figure it out

• Thread starter Namder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

My bad! I just haven’t seen a picture yet of it actually having been done.

Nor have I but I've mentioned it twice as have some others.

Something like this would be perfect.

or

https://www.amazon.com/Elevator-11-...nt+elevator+and+saucer&qid=1663287998&sr=8-10 This set seem to raise the plant higher. I'd check to be sure.

G

Glomus

Personally, I think there's 2 distinct groups of microbes. Some are plant stimulants others are bio-cides. They aren't really the same. However, it looks like you've drawn much the same conclusion I had when I last saw his plants. Some root damage.

The good news is cannabis is pretty hardy and once the environment is fixed so the watering can be dialed in, the root system will improve and the plant can be healthy again. It's been a long haul for him I think.

@Namder what was the moisture reading towards the middle of the pot in the lower 1/3rd like we were talking about yesterday.

Air pots - I have some. My wife and I have drawn the conclusion that we should switch back to fabric pots. Air pots are very difficult to get the watering down, and like you've stated once in them, they stay until the grow is done.

P.S. your probe says its time to water anyway. Yes, water from the bottom this time. You shouldn't have to do it more than a time or 2 though so don't make it your regular practice.
Actually there are beneficial bacteria whose purpose is to be a bio control and protect the plant from pathogens, yet also has stimulating and beneficial plant growth properties as well.

Last edited:
G

Glomus

We use spring water, with a RO filter. Naturally 5.7 - 5.8ph. I use biobizz ph up to get it to read 6.2, should i not be doing this?

So much conflicting info out there its hard to establish a correct route. I guess this where experience comes into play
Yeah dude your over thinking it, keep it simple. Don't mess with the PH your gona swing it too much and the plant just wants consistency. Your in soil so its fine. You need to water. If you are getting runoff and there are pockets of dry spots in the pot, catch the run off in a dish underneath to let the water soak into the medium. The meter says they are dry as fuck they just need water lol. So many times people trip on all this stuff when it's really that simple. Don't transplant them out of those pots, the roots will be fine. Those pots are designed to be the final pot for those plants. Just water them and walk away for a few days, keeping an eye on the environment.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Actually there are beneficial bacteria whose purpose is to be a bio control and protect the plant yet also has stimulating and beneficial plant growth properties as well.
Bio-cides are something slightly different. They are microbes that actually kill fungus and insects. It's the primary purpose to use them. Some may provide other benefits, but the reason people use them is to make the plant leaf tissue and root system hostile to fungal and insect invaders. Some are watered into the soil and others are sprayed on during vegetative state.

Check out Southern Agriculture's website. https://southernag.com/ There's others out there too.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Yeah dude your over thinking it, keep it simple. Don't mess with the PH your gona swing it too much and the plant just wants consistency. Your in soil so its fine. You need to water. If you are getting runoff and there are pockets of dry spots in the pot, catch the run off in a dish underneath to let the water soak into the medium. The meter says they are dry as fuck they just need water lol. So many times people trip on all this stuff when it's really that simple. Don't transplant them out of those pots, the roots will be fine. Those pots are designed to be the final pot for those plants. Just water them and walk away for a few days, keeping an eye on the environment.
100% right ... Wet them down and let them dry out. But don't use bottom watering techniques every time you water them. Done correctly, you shouldn't have to do it again. The reason we both have suggested it is to get the lower part of the zone evenly moist so that in the future, normal watering practices can be followed.

G

Glomus

Bio-cides are something slightly different. They are microbes that actually kill fungus and insects. It's the primary purpose to use them. Some may provide other benefits, but the reason people use them is to make the plant leaf tissue and root system hostile to fungal and insect invaders. Some are watered into the soil and others are sprayed on during vegetative state.

Check out Southern Agriculture's website. https://southernag.com/ There's others out there too.
I've checked it out. you know alot of those "biocides" are in that microbe recharge. Ones that are primarily for biocontrol. Thats why I use teas for bio control on the outside of the plant.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I've checked it out. you know alot of those "biocides" are in that microbe recharge. Ones that are primarily for biocontrol.
Some of them differ by strain variations, but yes that is correct.

Edit: You should give Roots Organic product line a test drive if/when you decide to grow indoors.

G

Glomus

Some of them differ by strain variations, but yes that is correct.

Edit: You should give their product line a test drive if/when you decide to grow indoors.
I have a product that has all the exact same microbes in there plus way more. Rhizobacterias, pseudomonas, plus the mycorrhizae spores. I use that for everything, bio control, inoculation, and soil diversity.

G

Glomus

I just don't like the name Biocides. The idea is that you are stimulating the plant to become extra healthy thus not letting its natural defenses down and allowing for pathogenic and opportunistic fungus and or bugs to invade. I believe its best to use these products from the start of propagation and especially when a plant has gone thru any kind of stress, like heat, wind damage, fertilizer burn, or under watered. Thats when the plant is weakest again fighting off natural pathogens and those bio protecters can help them the most then. Also when these microbes are used in the soil they help the plant with making secondary nutrients available, making the plant naturally more resistant to bugs and fungus.

I like that term Bio Protecters.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

What product is that? The Microbe Charge has a bit of NPK in it and is designed to be used with the green, red, and pink Terp Tea dry amendments. There's benefits to it a lone of course, but when used with the other it becomes the "special sauce" that brings everything together in an aerated tea ... anyway, lets get back to helping the OP out. Lets put the spokes in the wheel. The center (hub) of course, is the sun. So lets list the spokes that will help get this grow in motion. Because once this is understood, there's organization to the process in determining what is going on with the plant

1) Environment
2) Nutrients - we feed the soil so that the nutrients are available for the plant as it needs it. Too much will harm the plant
3) Microbes (much more important in organic than in synthetic nutes)
4) Watering practices

@Glomus finish the list for me, I'm heading to bed.

@Namder - think balance ... Equilibrium. That's what we're shooting for. The throw everything at it including the kitchen sink will not solve any problems. The list is not in order of importance because everyone of them is critical to the plant. My short list is not all inclusive and each one can be subdivided even more.

G

Glomus

What product is that? The Microbe Charge has a bit of NPK in it and is designed to be used with the green, red, and pink Terp Tea dry amendments. There's benefits to it a lone of course, but when used with the other it becomes the "special sauce" that brings everything together in an aerated tea ... anyway, lets get back to helping the OP out. Lets put the spokes in the wheel. The center (hub) of course, is the sun. So lets list the spokes that will help get this grow in motion. Because once this is understood, there's organization to the process in determining what is going on with the plant

1) Environment
2) Nutrients - we feed the soil so that the nutrients are available for the plant as it needs it. Too much will harm the plant
3) Microbes (much more important in organic than in synthetic nutes)
4) Watering practices

@Glomus finish the list for me, I'm heading to bed.

@Namder - think balance ... Equilibrium. That's what we're shooting for. The throw everything at it including the kitchen sink will not solve any problems. The list is not in order of importance because everyone of them is critical to the plant. My short list is not all inclusive and each one can be subdivided even more.
Sun and Soil. Thats really the most important. Microbes can be used for bio control when doing synthetics.

R

ritoMox

Actually there are beneficial bacteria whose purpose is to be a bio control and protect the plant from pathogens, yet also has stimulating and beneficial plant growth properties as well.
The KNF Police🤣✌️Link: PureKNF Core Solutions Poster
coresolutions.jpg

R

ritoMox

strange they advise the usage of seawater (containing much Na Cl)
They're also big on using sugar. JADAM gives some common sense reasons why using sugar is wrong. Kind of ironic that the founder of JADAM is the son of the founder of KNF✌️

Top Bottom