Need some help! Can't figure it out

• Thread starter Namder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Namder

Any help would be appriciated!

2 middle plants drooping

Fed them 3 days ago and not been watered since. Soil still seems moist. 480ppm @ 6.3 ph
Run off 6.2ph
Temp and humidity shown in the photo.

Light running at 14500

2 fans and carbon filter running high, all with a co2 cannister

Any recommendations?

Need some help cant figure it out
Need some help cant figure it out 2
Need some help cant figure it out 3
Need some help cant figure it out 4
Need some help cant figure it out 5
Need some help cant figure it out 6
Need some help cant figure it out 7
Need some help cant figure it out 8
Need some help cant figure it out 9
Need some help cant figure it out 10
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

72F is too cold for day time high. This is causing transpiration issues. Boost day time temp to about 82F and let them dry out a bit. For now, keep the night time temp above 70F. Once things improve, your night time temps should be fine in the mid 60s.

G

Glomus

2 middle plants drooping

Fed them 3 days ago and not been watered since. Soil still seems moist. 480ppm @ 6.3 ph
Run off 6.2ph

Light running at 14500

Any recommendations?
Just water them dude. Are they all the same strain? More heat if you can too.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Just water them dude. Are they all the same strain? More heat if you can too.
Don't water them while the soil is wet. Over-watering is what caused the sickly swollen leaves in the first place. What's happened is the temperature is too low and the humidity is too high for proper transpiration. You add more water right now or any time in the very near future, the problem will be compounded and the plants will become sicker.

Let the soil dry back and the plants to perk up before watering again.

N

Namder

Don't water them while the soil is wet. Over-watering is what caused the sickly swollen leaves in the first place. What's happened is the temperature is too low and the humidity is too high for proper transpiration. You add more water right now or any time in the very near future, the problem will be compounded and the plants will become sicker.

Let the soil dry back and the plants to perk up before watering again.
Thanks for the advise. I have been trying to get my VPD under control. The tent is partially outside in a half built extention so subject to the cold and rainy weather (non direct) need to bring the set up inside i think and maybe i can get better control of the levels.

I have 3 king Gelatos and one CBD Kush all from seed.

Again, thanks for the advise man! First time with a set up like this. Gets a bit daunting at times when so much has been invested. Good to have people like yourself to help guide

Reactions: HWH
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I live in mid Michigan. I grow 3 runs a year inside. It's much easier to manage the environment inside. I also have a greenhouse for my summer run. I've invested a lot in both, but it's a hobby my wife and I share so its easy to justify the money we spend. LOL.

I'll admit that the outside grow is far more challenging at times. It sounds like yours is more outside than indoors. If you're up to the challenge, go for it. If you want easy in that regards ... move indoors. After this grow is finished ...

G

Glomus

At second glance, have you checked the PH of the soil? you fed them 3 days ago with?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

@Glomus his grow environment is more the issue than anything. If the pots are light, water them. If they aren't then don't .... he's struggling with temp and humidity related VPD issues. It's as clear as day looking at the pictures of his plants.

G

Glomus

@Glomus his grow environment is more the issue than anything. If the pots are light, water them. If they aren't then don't .... he's struggling with temp and humidity related VPD issues. It's as clear as day looking at the pictures of his plants.
I understand the importance of humidity and perspiration. Haven't done much indoor but the ones I have, I know it can be hard to get the soil to dry out after over watering. I Honestly think those smart pots are designed for grows like this and work the best at that size and situation. Much more root mass for the volume with those things and you can have less problems with wet soil. I was asking about the nutrient feed because I have noticed plants stop drawing as much from the soil if they are shocked from a feed or PH issue.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

2 middle plants drooping

Run off 6.2ph

Light running at 14500

Any recommendations?
If you can put them outside during the day it will do wonders

Reactions: HWH
N

Namder

The whole grow is in a tent, so its a half stable enviroment. But it is subject to being in a half built extention. Walls and a roof but no windows. Its been raining alot here and the humidity levels have been rising. I have my dehumidifier on, but may need to invest in something better.

Fed with biobizz nutrients (thought i would give em a go)
Fish extract
Bio grow
And the other recommended from thier schedule online.
Need to check my grow diary for the rest.
Came out at 485 ppm (didnt check the run off)
6.2ph from the run off

Its had a massive growth spurt since feeding. Almost by half.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I understand the importance of humidity and perspiration. Haven't done much indoor but the ones I have, I know it can be hard to get the soil to dry out after over watering. I Honestly think those smart pots are designed for grows like this and work the best at that size and situation. Much more root mass for the volume with those things and you can have less problems with wet soil. I was asking about the nutrient feed because I have noticed plants stop drawing as much from the soil if they are shocked from a feed or PH issue.
They don't dry out because people don't ammend them properly and the bottom stays wet and the soil ends up suffocating the roots over time, add a lot of perlite and keep it warm and they will love it.

G

Glomus

If you are inoculated properly I fell like the moisture in the soil is more self regulating and you don't have to worry as much about the medium getting too dry.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

If you are inoculated properly I fell like the moisture in the soil is more self regulating and you don't have to worry as much about the medium getting too dry.
People always talk about drenching with run off,for me that only works if it's hot and dry so the plants can drink or it evaporates,then it's a matter of necessity,like enough where they use it in a day or 3 tops,otherwise it kills or stuns the plant, this is in my case,not suggesting others run that way.

G

Glomus

People always talk about drenching with run off,for me that only works if it's hot and dry so the plants can drink or it evaporates,then it's a matter of necessity,like enough where they use it in a day or 3 tops,otherwise it kills or stuns the plant, this is in my case,not suggesting others run that way.
Yeah exactly, when using smart pots you can do that when the plants are bigger with a huge established root ball and are perspiring a lot. I've use dishes underneath each of my smart pots when they are drinking heavy and its hot and dry, because there gets to be so many roots with those smart pots. Also when you flush heavy your washing away plant soluble nutrients and the microbes that have broken them down n the soil.

N

Namder

Thanks for the advice guys. Super helpful!

I used an inoculant on transfer, and covered the area i was planting in and root ball. I had yellowing on the leaves and put it down to the plant wanting nutrients and a possible ph imbalance.. I had not fed them anything up until this point, just water and bio bizz root juice. I used biobizz full soil mix from there light mix with added perlight upon transfer. And watered with water only as i thought the full mix would be a soft introduction to nurtients.

I noticed after watering that not all the soil had moisture and found very dry soil towards the bottom. (I was using a pressurised sprayer) so watered right through and managed to get half a cup from the run off to test the ph

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I used an inoculant on transfer, and covered the area i was planting in and root ball. I had yellowing on the leaves and put it down to the plant wanting nutrients and a possible ph imbalance.. I had not fed them anything up until this point, just water and bio bizz root juice. I used biobizz full soil mix from there light mix with added perlight upon transfer. And watered with water only as i thought the full mix would be a soft introduction to nurtients.

I noticed after watering that not all the soil had moisture and found very dry soil towards the bottom. (I was using a pressurised sprayer) so watered right through and managed to get half a cup from the run off to test the ph
Add some drops of dishsoap to your water so it breaks the tension and penetrates the dry pockets.

G

Glomus

What inoculation product are you using? The good ones only need to be watered in once or twice. I used to mess around with my PH all the time but in soil, if you are not over feeding you really shouldn't need to mess with it at all, I've actually created problems by swinging the PH too much, plants like consistency more. The microbes in the soil can regulate the PH as well as other amendments. I'm telling you get a solid inoculant product and you won't need to worry about the plant getting those secondary nutrients from the PH levels, the fungus will do that for you. Also will help retain water in the soil.

Top Bottom