Need some help with rh problem.

• Thread starter Ineedheeelp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

hey everyone, so I come seeking either some mindful advice or some reassurance because this sh@! Is literally starting to stress me the hell out to the point I'm losing sleep thinking about it. I'm having trouble lowering my rh in my 4×4×8 grow tent inside my hunting room. I live in TN and it's 70%+ in summer rn and I'm in 5th week of flower and can't get my rh down below 55%. I've tried a big whole room dehumidifier to get it below 50% but it doesn't work and just makes it hot as hell in there like 90 degrees. I got a portable a/c but It makes the humidity go up after the compressor kicks off and just blows condensation.. I tried running both the big dehumidifier and the a/c and the damn breaker flips every time. I'm open to any suggestions i even tried to put a dehumidifier in a cardboard box and connect it to the tent and seal it up but that just sucks the tent in and makes it hot. As of right now I just have a small 200sq foot dehumidifier goin and its staying at 52-55% with oscillating fans and a 6" extraction fan running..should I be sweating about pm or mold??

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

hey everyone, so I come seeking either some mindful advice or some reassurance because this sh@! Is literally starting to stress me the hell out to the point I'm losing sleep thinking about it. I'm having trouble lowering my rh in my 4×4×8 grow tent inside my hunting room. I live in TN and it's 70%+ in summer rn and I'm in 5th week of flower and can't get my rh down below 55%. I've tried a big whole room dehumidifier to get it below 50% but it doesn't work and just makes it hot as hell in there like 90 degrees. I got a portable a/c but It makes the humidity go up after the compressor kicks off and just blows condensation.. I tried running both the big dehumidifier and the a/c and the damn breaker flips every time. I'm open to any suggestions i even tried to put a dehumidifier in a cardboard box and connect it to the tent and seal it up but that just sucks the tent in and makes it hot. As of right now I just have a small 200sq foot dehumidifier goin and its staying at 52-55% with oscillating fans and a 6" extraction fan running..should I be sweating about pm or mold??
The dehumidifier is going to pump heat not much you can do about that.

What type of ac do you have? Your going to have to manage the heat. AC will also pull water.

How many circuits do you have?

Can you run an extension cord?

If you can get the lights on one and the AC/dehuey on another should be fine

You may need to upgrade to a 20 amp breaker. Of you only have once circuit available

Have some pics?

Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

The dehumidifier is going to pump heat not much you can do about that.

What type of ac do you have? Your going to have to manage the heat. AC will also pull water.

How many circuits do you have?

Can you run an extension cord?

If you can get the lights on one and the AC/dehuey on another should be fine

You may need to upgrade to a 20 amp breaker. Of you only have once circuit available

Have some pics?
I've tried all kinds of stuff. I tried running extension cords from different rooms to spread power usage an keep the breaker from flipping but no luck. It is a 20 amp breaker as and whenever I go to reset it that mf is HOT hot kinda worried me a little lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I've tried all kinds of stuff. I tried running extension cords from different rooms to spread power usage an keep the breaker from flipping but no luck. It is a 20 amp breaker as and whenever I go to reset it that mf is HOT hot kinda worried me a little lol
Hmmm is it 12g or 14g wire? Also the extension cords should be 12g or playing with fire

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So I'm assuming 2x 1000w lights? Going to go through this slow so I understand.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What size and style AC?

What size dehumidifier?

How many watts of lights.

How many circuits are available and what's on them?

Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

The cords are the heavy duty orange ones. I'm assuming 12g. As far as lights I'm running a 3000w king led and 2 floor fans and a canopy fan and a extraction 6" fan. I put the dehuey in the tent and I'm guessing the fan is sucking the air faster than its dehumidifying it which makes sense

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The cords are the heavy duty orange ones. I'm assuming 12g. As far as lights I'm running a 3000w king led and 2 floor fans and a canopy fan and a extraction 6" fan. I put the dehuey in the tent and I'm guessing the fan is sucking the air faster than its dehumidifying it which makes sense
Yes the dehumidifier need to be run in the room that the tent is in same as the AC. Not inside the tent

Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

The dehumidifiers that I have are a 50 pint whole room that blows hot air and a smaller 20 pint one.
The ac is a portable 9000btu haier.
As far as outlets I'm pretty maxed out

Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

that's the problem I'm having I can't get the room air down. I put the big dehumidifier in an bam Temps shoot way up. I turn the portable ac on and its like it cools it way too fast that it just works against the dehumidifier it seems

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The dehumidifiers that I have are a 50 pint whole room that blows hot air and a smaller 20 pint one.
The ac is a portable 9000btu haier.
As far as outlets I'm pretty maxed out
Ok what style of portable AC? Dual or single hose?

The goal is to not being in any outside air into the circulation with the AC. This can only be done with a window or dual hose AC. The reason is in those 2 types the heat is kept out of the room because the have closed heating and cooling sides. I did a window AC in a door so I didn't have to cut the wall. I keep a HDX box under it on the outside to catch the condensate.

The 40 pint should do by itself. The issue is going to be the heat and you need to set the AC up right to keep the hot side air outside the room. AC units produce more heat than cooling.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

that's the problem I'm having I can't get the room air down. I put the big dehumidifier in an bam Temps shoot way up. I turn the portable ac on and its like it cools it way too fast that it just works against the dehumidifier it seems
The AC will help and also pull water from the air. If it's vented properly

Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

Brooo you literally just saved my crop and my mental state of mind lol my hero! I didn't even think It made a difference what kind ac it was.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I flower at 55% humidity all summer long. As long as you are stable and in control and have plenty of ventilation it is no problem.

I admit i dehumidify the whole house with window ac units and dehumidifiers in the open basement.

I live near a lake and near lake michigan. It is humid here. The house stays 45% -60% year round. And so do the grow rooms.

I use a 2500 sq ft rated wick humidifier in winter to keep it up.

Buds have not been more or less potent depending on humidity in the range i stated.

Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

The thing that was confusing me was when I had the dehu on and the ac on it worked great until the compressor kicked off on the ac and then it was just blowing condensation moisture and the rh would shoot way up from like 45 to 70 in like 5 mins

Top Bottom