Need some help with rh problem.

• Thread starter Ineedheeelp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

I have the ac set on 64 as low as it'll go and its not getting below 76-78 in there

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

My plants have been dealing with low rh all winter now it's nice and humid with the next 4 days in mid 80s, you can use a de humidifier if needed, i dont think a few warm days will hurt my plants bc there big and starting sat a cool down but on june 1rst in goes the ac, darn it seems like i just took it out, but that will solve my rh issues, + during summer usalley grow plants that dont mind heat and humidity, do you not have an ac? If not it's a good idea in the summer.

Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

My plants have been dealing with low rh all winter now it's nice and humid with the next 4 days in mid 80s, you can use a de humidifier if needed, i dont think a few warm days will hurt my plants bc there big and starting sat a cool down but on june 1rst in goes the ac, darn it seems like i just took it out, but that will solve my rh issues, + during summer usalley grow plants that dont mind heat and humidity, do you not have an ac? If not it's a good idea in the summer.
I do but its not bringing the heat down from the dehumidifier hardly at all

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

On the dehumidifier it is set to 40% but it won't stay at 40 it will hover around 45-42%. I go to put it on 45 and it will hover at 50% exactly. I think I need a stronger ac unit. That 5000 isn't blowing cold enough to do anything against the dehumidifiers hot air coming out.
It's sounds like it. But none the less 75-80f is perfect temps

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have the ac set on 64 as low as it'll go and its not getting below 76-78 in there
I would not set it that low. When the lights go out you may bring the temp to low. It won't cool any more on a lower setting just tells the compressor to turn on/off. You could go with an 8k but if you can return it which shouldn't be an issue but you had an 8k but and were popping breakers. It's a tough call but you need to do what you feel will work. Ideally you could slightly oversize but then you need to be able to handle the start load so I'm not sure if that a good idea here

Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

I would not set it that low. When the lights go out you may bring the temp to low. It won't cool any more on a lower setting just tells the compressor to turn on/off. You could go with an 8k but if you can return it which shouldn't be an issue but you had an 8k but and were popping breakers. It's a tough call but you need to do what you feel will work. Ideally you could slightly oversize but then you need to be able to handle the start load so I'm not sure if that a good idea here
Yea the portable was a 9k btu and it worked really good aside from the moisture . So I opted for the 8k window unit for 280$ cause the 5k isn't even blowing cold air its like room temp "cool" I guess, even when compressor kicks on.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

as for the breaker issue I had to get a longer ext cord and run it from a different bedroom seemed to work with the window unit
Good stuff. Maybe the unit was faulty? I know I'm always careful moving AC, fridges etc that use a compressor based cooling system. They should be left 24hr upright to let the refrigerant settle.

Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

Good stuff. Maybe the unit was faulty? I know I'm always careful moving AC, fridges etc that use a compressor based cooling system. They should be left 24hr upright to let the refrigerant settle.
Thats kinda what I'm thinking too I always get the defective crap the first time I buy anything somehow. Lol

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

as for the breaker issue I had to get a longer ext cord and run it from a different bedroom seemed to work with the window unit

Sounds like the circuit was maxed out. It is important you only load 80% per breaker. Need to know the amps you got plugged in for safety.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Alright so I installed the window unit and it was 80 degrees in there but rh was down to 45%..sweet. BUT the window unit i got is a lil 5000 btu unit and it seems to not be bringing Temps down. Should I turn off the dehumidifier for a little and let the temps catch up before turning it back on?
I would try the window unit by itself and see what those readings are

Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

Sounds like the circuit was maxed out. It is important you only load 80% per breaker. Need to know the amps you got plugged in for safety.
Yea i had one of those three outlet head extension cords and I had the ac and two other things plugged into it. Too much for that outlet with everything going

Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

Alright so I got a bigger window unit 10,000 btu window unit and it cools awesomely fast. However I'm noticing my rh is roller coastering. I'm monitoring it on my phone and it's getting down to like 40-45 then as soon as the ac kicks off it shoots up to 55-60. What is going on here? I have a big dehumidifier going also

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Alright so I got a bigger window unit 10,000 btu window unit and it cools awesomely fast. However I'm noticing my rh is roller coastering. I'm monitoring it on my phone and it's getting down to like 40-45 then as soon as the ac kicks off it shoots up to 55-60. What is going on here? I have a big dehumidifier going also
Small spaces that going to happen. How are you controlling the AC?

Fr3nzy

Fr3nzy

You need to properly size a ac for it to work properly, your right 10k cools so fast it cant process much air before it's off. Also dont continually run fan it never let's the coils dry out and raises humidity.

Top Bottom