Neem oil is killing my plants

• Thread starter space101
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hermit186

hermit186

I will say this can't remember who here helped me but if you used a heavy shot of neem and the soil got a good wet down . Remove the top soil stay away from the roots close to the stem and add back new soil. Neem in the roots will not kill them but they will never be good smoke
Neem oil has a shelf life time after is opened it like olive oil will go rancid in time.

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

In most cases people use neem to fight insects there is a reason why there are dosages on labels.
I suggest f0llow them and for good reason like the product says Neem oil by applying strong doses you can be blocking the stomata possibly impeding respiration.
And being said oil you have to make sure your plant has cooled down after intense 12 - 18 hrs of light
And when applying you need ample time for plant to dry up
Think of it like putting baby oil on your self then going outside and sun tanning :)
Same thing applies with plants .

I purchased neem once and used it for like 2 years just to get rid of the bottle it sure puts a nice shine on your plants
it surely does not make it grow better just looks prettier.

So just remember if your using it which in most cases are for mites then follow instructions make sure you allow plant to cool down and allow enough time before lights on for plants to dry up
And most importantly repeat 4 days later
and it might be good practice to raise your lights after the dose

hermit186

hermit186

I must re tract the neem oil shelf life my grand kid says I am wrong partly it has a shelf life and will go rancid but that I would not live long enough to see it.
Damn I paid for that botany degree and she uses it against me.:mad:

J

Jeff1

As long as you spray when the lights are off your all good. The plants should be dry by the time the lights come back on

No need to rinse when applied properly
this is my first time here hoping somebody can help me I read some of your comments I recently have been using safer soap and experiencing problems my lights are off when I spray the plants feel dry and when I turn my lights back on everything's okay the next day my leaves start to curl up the third day they're all brown and dying and it spreads killing the whole plant which is about a foot or more taller and since winter it seems to be getting worse my temperature with the lights off or 77 and Immunity is 30 goes up to 40 please help me you all

J

Jeff1

this is my first time here hoping somebody can help me I read some of your comments I recently have been using safer soap and experiencing problems my lights are off when I spray the plants feel dry and when I turn my lights back on everything's okay the next day my leaves start to curl up the third day they're all brown and dying and it spreads killing the whole plant which is about a foot or more taller and since winter it seems to be getting worse my temperature with the lights off or 77 and Immunity is 30 goes up to 40 please help me you all
PS I also have lots of fans circulating and it starts to kill the leaves at the bottom and works its way up quick to the rest of the plant it's like the safer soap is Odeon them and I'm going by measurements two and a half ounces for one gallon and when I spray I used that atomizer it's a electric blower did not have no problems during the summer and the room is controlled with mini AC temperature humidity always the same

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have never seen Safer Soap do that. I've seen JMS Stylets oil do it, almost in a matter of minutes. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful other than to suggest you stop using that particular batch of Safers.

hermit186

hermit186

I use it on the flowers and my outside garden.
Care in the mixing about 1/2 to 3/4 there strength.
I no it works on egg plants and Trees.
It also has to have been sprayed on my plants or was in the bottle because it turns it white
I wondered but it had no effect.
With all soaps you have to be careful to not use to much and not to often.
All soaps wash the oils that the plant protects it's self with off and if you
hit it to often you wash it all off. They will look dry and crispy and even parts of the leaves or even half right up the middle. When I have seen it it starts at the tip of the leef and stops when it has killed as much as it wishes or the whole leef.
Foliar sprays are or should be like heavy fog moving thru. Drenching is not good and gets the excess in the media.
Safer is a very concentrate and you can get directions off the net.
I bought a 16 oz bottle 6 years ago and have used half. The white flys here have gotten used to it.
I believe that if it killed your leaf structure it's all the alcohol in it. Long time back some one told me that here.

View attachment safer-soap-conc-msds.pdf
J

Jeff1

I have never seen Safer Soap do that. I've seen JMS Stylets oil do it, almost in a matter of minutes. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful other than to suggest you stop using that particular batch of Safers.
Thanks yall so much

J

Jeff1

I use it on the flowers and my outside garden.
Care in the mixing about 1/2 to 3/4 there strength.
I no it works on egg plants and Trees.
It also has to have been sprayed on my plants or was in the bottle because it turns it white
I wondered but it had no effect.
With all soaps you have to be careful to not use to much and not to often.
All soaps wash the oils that the plant protects it's self with off and if you
hit it to often you wash it all off. They will look dry and crispy and even parts of the leaves or even half right up the middle. When I have seen it it starts at the tip of the leef and stops when it has killed as much as it wishes or the whole leef.
Foliar sprays are or should be like heavy fog moving thru. Drenching is not good and gets the excess in the media.
Safer is a very concentrate and you can get directions off the net.
I bought a 16 oz bottle 6 years ago and have used half. The white flys here have gotten used to it.
I believe that if it killed your leaf structure it's all the alcohol in it. Long time back some one told me that here.
Hermit.186 thank you thank you so much I've been using safer soap for about a year didn't have problems until recently the last 3 months my mix is 2.5 ounces per 1 gallon recommended try to decrease and start to lose control of spider mites what you said makes a lot of sense it's kind of like what you said my leaves start to die at the tips and then within 24 hours the whole leaf curls up and then four days a lot of the leaves all start to die and then eventually the whole plant within a week I think it's what you said I am spraying safer soap every 3 or 4 days so other words I'm trenching them with the heavy blower with the one gallon jug of mixture it blows hi heavy spray so what you're saying I believe is the alcohol and safer soap and I'm drowning them and I should be bugging them I will try to go buy a fogger and try that as far as trying to stay on top of the spider mites if I go every nine days I start to lose control websites recommend every 5 days for 5 weeks just this winter for some reason seems to be harder to stay on top of them maybe because they're getting used to it building up a tolerance it just blows my mind during the summer no problems and then now during the winter having problems I wasn't sure if it's something to do with my mini a season there I mean AC dehumidifier heater all one unit well thank you so much for getting back to me you all preciate it y'all have a good New Year

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you're just trying to treat spider mites, cover the soil and begin using a mix of 1:1 isopropyl:water, apply it every 2-3 days for at least two weeks. Be sure to hit the pots and surrounding areas. They will not build up a tolerance to the iso, the soap is something I've never found to be very effective against spider mites. Green aphids yes, spider mites no.

SunFarmer

SunFarmer

Hey,
I would resonate what someone said earlier about applying neem in a heavy dosage and/or in multiple applications without rinsing them off with water. My experience is that neem in multiple layers tends to clog up the plant's stomata. That'll just take a sad ending if it doesn't get addressed soon enough 9usually by rinsing it off the leaf surface. Also remember that the majority of stomata are on the underside of the leaf. If you wanna have a chance of still bringing them back, rinse them and go light on the nutrients and let them recover themselves. The more stress you add, the more they will freak out.

J

Jeff1

Good good day everyone thank you for your input my problem I think I found out why my plants are dying from spraying them with safer soap now that I switched over to Coco from Hydro one of my friends told me if my plants are ready to feed and the pots are not wet when you spray with safer soap in the veggie stage they will drink the concentrated safer soap and poison the plants OD them so yesterday was my first trial watered all the plants there will see and weeks to come still need to go in and cut off all the Dead Leaves they will act as a sponge well wish me well everybody will keep you all updated

Top Bottom