Negative effects of vinegar for ph down

• Thread starter frequentfleyer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What about ascorbic acid, do you think there might be some benefit to diversifying the acids a bit, and that ascorbic acids could offer some benefit in this department?

I used a bit of vinegar actually to spray down my plant pots, before I start putting the microbe mixture, to start some good microbes in there before I transfer them later in the season, I want to ensure there pathogen free, especially powdery mildew.
Phosphoric or sulfuric for hydro, nitric breaks down pretty fast citric reacts with bicarbonate and off gasses as co2 so it's gone fast.

Ascorbic acid would need way to much and is also weak and breaks down quickly. Although it's great for treating chlorinated water that has chloramine... I think 1 gram per per 100 gal of water will remove 1ppm of chloramine. Most tap water is 1ppm and the maximum allowable is 4 ppm although I have never seen that personally.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What about ascorbic acid, do you think there might be some benefit to diversifying the acids a bit, and that ascorbic acids could offer some benefit in this department?

I used a bit of vinegar actually to spray down my plant pots, before I start putting the microbe mixture, to start some good microbes in there before I transfer them later in the season, I want to ensure there pathogen free, especially powdery mildew.
In soil citric is the best option if you feel the need but personally if your not adding something like silica that needs ph adjusted right after and the source water is not really hard then I wouldn't bother ph adjust nutrients for soil... the soil will do that if it's built properly.

frequentfleyer

frequentfleyer

Aqua man^^^ always says it best. I used citric while waiting on ph down salts to arrive when originally made this post it worked just fine for me.

Top Bottom