Negative Tent Pressure In Relation To Temperature - Is This Ok?

• Thread starter Perception
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Perception

Perception

Temps are good for the time being... It will get hotter in the summer. I use minimal amounts of air conditioning in the summer to reduce electric costs (I can handle heat), and usually set house to 78deg. Will need to drop it a couple degrees this summer! But I'm hoping that evaporation from the pots/plants will reduce temperature in tent even more (very dry climate). Fingers crossed!

Junk

Junk

Temps are good for the time being... It will get hotter in the summer. I use minimal amounts of air conditioning in the summer to reduce electric costs (I can handle heat), and usually set house to 78deg. Will need to drop it a couple degrees this summer! But I'm hoping that evaporation from the pots/plants will reduce temperature in tent even more (very dry climate). Fingers crossed!
Hey, I'm being critical over semantics (which I still disagree with lol, just politely) in the end, you know what separates the men from the boys?

Environment! (I would put lst/cropping in the list as well, but different category)

I've flowered the same strains (same cuts, exact same genetics) with an average temp of 78, and the same strain, at 74....

and at 74*, the occasional strain did better. One run I did Tangerine Dream and White Widow, the Tangie died at 55* iirc (lights off temp). The Tangie also loved higher temps during lights on. So you have to play with it. But if you are doing a single strain run, you would be surprised at what a 4* difference can do for a particular strain. Everything you are doing is right. Even you intake blocking...you are slowly figuring out the "control" of it. A killer grower...has their environment locked down. Seems like you are 80% of the way there.

The secret to excellent growing (imo) is nailing the environment. Not close, not pretty good, but nailing it. You would be surprised at what an objectively underfed plant can do under the perfect conditions.

And it seems like you are already there, if you can maintain 77*. Rh, I apologize if I keep missing. My point is, if you can manipulate those intakes to be a singular flow, you could have the range of 73*-80*, which is a pretty nice range to have control over. Most cannabis plants will thrive in the average of that region. The occasional one, will prefer one extreme over another.

But if you can control through intake blocking etc, your temps within 2*....that's a serious deal. I know a couple growers who would kill for that type of control.

What are you running, just out of curiosity? I'm sorry if you mentioned it, just a quick mention again.

Junk

Junk

Also, if you are running hotter temps, just by nature, co2 makes the plant seem to like it more.

It's weird bc the co2 makes things hotter on it's own, but it can also take a plant that looks "hot" at 77, and make it thrive at 79*.

I've stopped using it bc sealed, co2, hydro, and 1400 ppm, it's almost too much. But if you need it, it's a cool/fun addition.

SpiderK

SpiderK

( imo ) cut the room in 1 /2 with 3 mil - 5 mil plastic sheeting. cool the tent side of room, apply humidity, fresh air from outside ( big plus ) then pull from this area into tent.

then the shit your pulling out of tent dump into the other side of room your not using. ....

Junk

Junk

( imo ) cut the room in 1 /2 with 3 mil - 5 mil plastic sheeting. cool the tent side of room, apply humidity, fresh air from outside ( big plus ) then pull from this area into tent.

then the shit your pulling out of tent dump into the other side of room your not using. ....
That appears to be what he is doing, so, that's 3 votes "for."

Top Bottom