New Advanced Nutrients Digital Ballast Coming Soon

• Thread starter Billygoat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Billygoat

Billygoat

I'll be heading by the hydro shop monday morning and will grab a copy of the magazine. They carry then there and I will scan the page for everyone. I'll try and get info while I'm there also. Going to make sure i'm one of the first to get a unit. I've been promissed already, but will see when I'll have my unit.
Take care,
BG

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Im looking at them in the Rosebud hydroponics magazine, jan issue,
I was just at the hydro store and they had free Rosebud hydroponics magazines... When I noticed it said a "Hydroponic Growers Lifestyle Magazine" under the title and looked a bit like GQ meets Maximum Yield... LOL,,, I passed that one up... now I think I have to go back and get a copy just to see that ad:)

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

I was just at the hydro store and they had free Rosebud hydroponics magazines... When I noticed it said a "Hydroponic Growers Lifestyle Magazine" under the title and looked a bit like GQ meets Maximum Yield... LOL,,, I passed that one up... now I think I have to go back and get a copy just to see that ad:)

Ya thats the 1, and thats were I got mine to at the hydro shop, I think its a advanced magazine cause 80% of the shit in there is all about advanced nutes, and a bunch of good reads on hydroponics..........GM

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

I'll be heading by the hydro shop monday morning and will grab a copy of the magazine. They carry then there and I will scan the page for everyone. I'll try and get info while I'm there also. Going to make sure i'm one of the first to get a unit. I've been promissed already, but will see when I'll have my unit.
Take care,
BG

It dosent say anythang about them in the mag just a pic of what they look like, and advanceds 1-800 number, ill see if i can scan it for ya guys and post it for ya........GM

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Baddass Ballasts

Here it is boys feast your eyes on this, it looks perdy cool.......GM.......... Let all the shit talking begin:sign0065:

DSC01137
JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Looks very cool but be careful BG. Seems like getting the very first one of these like getting first year new model car. Almost inevitable that there will be issues that will take a few generations to fix.

Big V

Big V

I'm with JayBee on being careful as you can't be sure of the quality of the ballast until it has been in service for a while.

I have been looking at the Quantam adjustable ballast, Any opinions on these Bad Boys?

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
I got a quantum and wish i had gotten another lumatek. Found the quantum to be flaky on 240v, only working in certain plugs or having to jiggle the plug to get it to run. Got it working now but also have another lumatek on order, will replace the quantum and keep it as back up. IMO the Lumateks have been around the longest and have been constantly improving with each new generation. Also heard nothing bad about nex/gen

jb

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Looks very cool but be careful BG. Seems like getting the very first one of these like getting first year new model car. Almost inevitable that there will be issues that will take a few generations to fix.

Im sure they have been testing them for a while, U people seem to forget they grow cannabis (Adavanced), and have all kinds of test grows going on to test there nutes, so im sure they have been testing the ballasts in there grow rooms for some time, also Big mike use to grow alot, and im sure he wouldent release them until most of the bugs are worked out, Im sure there just like anythang mechanical, its gonna fail sooner or later..........GM

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

I got a quantum and wish i had gotten another lumatek. Found the quantum to be flaky on 240v, only working in certain plugs or having to jiggle the plug to get it to run. Got it working now but also have another lumatek on order, will replace the quantum and keep it as back up. IMO the Lumateks have been around the longest and have been constantly improving with each new generation. Also heard nothing bad about nex/gen

jb
Thats funny cause I know the owners of GREEN COAST HYDRO very well, and they have the biggest hydro shop in LA county, plus 3 other big stores, and he says that Quantums are the best, with very little returns compared to lumateck, and all the other junk thats out there..............GM

G

gizmo559

I wonder if these are going to be high priced like their nutes?

Illmind

Illmind

7 yr no questions warranty shiiieeet if they are fucked just get money back and those do look badass indeed. wonder if they'll strike eyes and sunmasters. also wonder if they work with mh hps and cmh. thatd be dope.

L

lurch

i dunno about these. theyll really have to be a break through tech wise to don that anticipated high price tag. ill look @ em on 2nd generation wave. that 7 yr warranty will def be covered in that tag also. not trying to sound like im hating, but i cant stand corporate companies putting their hands in everything. hopefully they prove me wrong.

Olyver

Olyver

I clicked on the link for mag pic and it sort of looks fake. Pic is blurry. The receptacle for the lampcord is IEC, which is pretty cheap to use as a receptacle for the lamps. Sort of looks like a photoshopped pic. The Badass Ballast logo on top looks like it was added. IMHO I am leery about the whole thing.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Growmaster: I don't know any owners of hydro shops, i dont get huge discounts, or free goods. I am not best friends with anyone famous. I am just a simple guy with two ballasts. In my own personal experience my 600w Lumatek ballast has been running without any problems for more than a year. My new quantum when i plugged it in, did nothing.

I do have the quantum working now, and i just contacted the company and they were very nice and are going to send me a new cord to see if that helps.

Just curious how many Lumatek ballasts you have had and how many quantum? Want to make sure you are not calling something junk that you dont have personal experience with.

Toyota is a huge company that does tons of testing and has built a lot of cars, but they still have issues when new models come out. Hopefully these will be the best ballasts ever, that would be great, i just wouldnt want to buy the first gen.

JayBee

Legion

Legion

Meh.. Not a fan of all this dim-able ballast stuff. "Super lumens" "Turbo lumens" just makes me think of Spinal Tap..

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

Just make it bright, work with existing lamps, and cheap.

The Galaxy seems to been the only one doing it half right. Sure they have the dial but.. from what I understand you can't fire up a bulb on a luma or quantim at the lower settings (lower then 100%) where as the Galaxy will, if set at a lower %, fire first at 100% so that the bulb can warm then dim down to your setting. Galaxy also has a 1500 watter.. :icon_dizzy:

As for Big Mike.. We'll see about the ballast. Just hope it's not some re-plated Chinese ballast and it better have a kick ass guarantee and lighting fast R&R. 120/240 and generator ready...

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Growmaster: I don't know any owners of hydro shops, i dont get huge discounts, or free goods. I am not best friends with anyone famous. I am just a simple guy with two ballasts. In my own personal experience my 600w Lumatek ballast has been running without any problems for more than a year. My new quantum when i plugged it in, did nothing.

I do have the quantum working now, and i just contacted the company and they were very nice and are going to send me a new cord to see if that helps.

Just curious how many Lumatek ballasts you have had and how many quantum? Want to make sure you are not calling something junk that you dont have personal experience with.

Toyota is a huge company that does tons of testing and has built a lot of cars, but they still have issues when new models come out. Hopefully these will be the best ballasts ever, that would be great, i just wouldnt want to buy the first gen.

JayBee

Ya bud, I had 2 lumateks and both burned up by 3 months old, and everybody that I know thats had them burned up, there FUCKING JUNK, I dont have any quantums right now, I have 2 humdoldt greenhouse Digies that Ive been running in my mother room for 16hr a day for going on 3 yrs now with no prob at all, I was just passing on info to u from somebody thats in the bizz that deals in large amounts, and knows first hand what comes back and what dont, u can keep ur JUNK ASS LUMATEKS for all I care, and I never claimed, I new anybody famous or got huge discounts for that matter, were the fuck did that come from............GM

Top Bottom