New Advanced Nutrients Digital Ballast Coming Soon

• Thread starter Billygoat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bunz

Who wants to bet it'll be the same size & shape as the galaxy & lumatek ballasts, but a different color?

D

doctodD_hawaii

It wont be any better than any other on the market. They have entered into an agreement with a manufacturer to buy a said amount with the AN logo on it to be marketed by them. With all the advertising and distribution advanced does they have a program in place hat makes it easy to add or drop a product at no additional cost to them. I can be sure it will be the same as another ballast but with a different color case if that. They may spec a different component it in but its unlikely. They are not set up to manufacture electronics so you know they will not be actually making it only selling it with a profit added or for the AN name. I have seen this in other industries quite a bit actually. I ran a retail hobby shop for years and one example is a pair of scissors we sold. We sold two that were exactly the same. One was sold in the tool isle with generic packaging and the other in the R/C car dept with the fancy logo of one of the accessories companies. Again exactly the same item but the generic one sold for $3.99 and the other for $14.99. Why? Marketing my friends. The public believed the brand name was better and even when i would point it out to a customer many would still get the brand name unit. AN are expert marketers and will sell lots of ballasts on name alone.

Billygoat

Billygoat

First of all. Not sticking up for these guys. Second. No this isn't going to be the same old units as the other, because! These units are going to run on a "low frequency" and not a high frequency and that is a big difference. The high frequency is where you need to shield for RF noise.

Like I've said before. I'm running 4 600HPS 240 units now and they have dropped my room temp by a full 5-10 degree's and the Noise! None like the old magnet ballast.

Yes, I know all about the chinese companies that will built a unit to a person specs and slap on whatever logo you want. Will see in the end. Either way, once I get a unit. I'll do a thread and will see how it works. I'm digging the 10 warranty on the unit..
Happy Holidays,
BG

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I am running 3600 watt's in my flower room.
3 1000s next to each other. 2 magnetic and 1 digital. The digi has a 3 month old bulb and the mag's have brand new bulb's. The digi is way noticeably brigher. Even with the older bulb. I will change them to all digi soon.

R

Rolln J

First of all. Not sticking up for these guys. Second. No this isn't going to be the same old units as the other, because! These units are going to run on a "low frequency" and not a high frequency and that is a big difference. The high frequency is where you need to shield for RF noise.

so then with the lower frequency the eye hortilux bulbs should be fine with the light...

Olyver

Olyver

Maybe AN should wire up 100 or even a 1000 ballasts and bulbs and show a youtube clip with 100% of them turning off and on, for a few months. Use them on a flip too. 10 year warranty means shit if a company is out of business or bankrupt in a few years.

D

doctodD_hawaii

They dont have to go away for the warranty to be no good. I paid a little extra for a pricey fishing pole a few years ago because it had a lifetime warrenty. I had an eye break and called the company to find out how to go about getting it fixed. They said "oh we dont offer the lifetime warranty anymore, We stopped that a year ago". I said well thats all fine and good but you did when I bought mine. It took a lot of e-mails and phone calls to finally get it covered. It was a huge pain in the ass and I wouldnt buy that brand again because of it. Im sure they count on people saying oh ok and thats the end of it.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Maybe AN should wire up 100 or even a 1000 ballasts and bulbs and show a youtube clip with 100% of them turning off and on, for a few months. Use them on a flip too. 10 year warranty means shit if a company is out of business or bankrupt in a few years.

Will see what happens. I'm getting one of the first units. Oh on a side note. You should check your e-mail box, because you lost two sale from me. Got tired of e-mailing you to built me two more controllers. Love the first unit, but got tired of not hearing from you.

It's good to know you can contact someone that makes a great custom product, but it sucks when you can't even get a reply.
Take care,
BG

Illmind

Illmind

an isnt going anywhere.

ya lets let the product speak for itself and an is going nowhere. great solid company in fact i know few amazing commerc ops 50ls n up blowing all others in every category. they dont just put thier names on some rag tag shit and back it they got teams with phds workin. real talk. i wouldnt blaze commerc unless was an an grow. thats why they paid cause they flip drums everytime a company flip a 960ml. they doin something right. overpriced but ahead of the game i miss the forums. bg lookin fwd to u giving us the info do u have an rf meter? so u can check the readings ive heard the old lumateks would set one off 1.5 blocks away new ones better for sure.

Olyver

Olyver

Hey BG

I didn't respond because the website wouldn't let me, I don't have enough posts to be able to reply to PMs.

Olyver

Olyver

Olyver

I've contacted AN in Abbotsford, BC on several occassions requesting more info on their electronic ballasts. Everyone I spoke to was not aware of it and no emails were responded to. If they have an electronic ballast coming out, there should be some info available.

Billygoat

Billygoat

I've contacted AN in Abbotsford, BC on several occassions requesting more info on their electronic ballasts. Everyone I spoke to was not aware of it and no emails were responded to. If they have an electronic ballast coming out, there should be some info available.

I'll try and get more info this week, but they are coming out with a ballast. They might be keeping it under their hat also. I was told to hold off buying any more new ballast, because these where suppose to be better.

I'll see what info i can get, but the first unit should be here this month. That's what I was told by someone that is in the light business.
Happy New Year,
BG

Illmind

Illmind

aww that just merced my hopes of ever runnin a dig. plus AN dudes advertise thier jennys off. if they were droppin one they woulve prolly advertised it already on seth roagans ass in a stoner flick err sumpf. bg i still have faith when u get keep me in the loop, 10 yr waranty sounds like balls. them things will b out lasting me n shit.

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Baddass ballasts

Whoooo man, im looking at them right now, OOOOO baby wait till u guys see them, they are Badd ass for sure, and yes thats the name of them Baddass Ballasts, there red, and are square, and half the size as a normal size digi ballast, these mother fuckers are the Ferraris of digies, and they have a 7yr warranty not 10, Im looking at them in the Rosebud hydroponics magazine, jan issue, the best way to describe them is they look just like the high dollar amps that u see in all the high dollar thumpimg stereo systems, they are Baddass for sure..............GM

Olyver

Olyver

Hi GM

Is the magazine online or hardcopy, where can you get one. I'd luv to get my hand on a few of those ballasts and test them with a flipbox.

R

robbiedublu

1,000,000 google searches for badass ballasts in just a couple of hours.

No hits by the way.

Top Bottom