New BioWave Harmonic Plant Stomata Dilator

• Thread starter darkcloudy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

darkcloudy

83e890e51ea999999de0fad0ae58fd80_L.jpg

Well i've been testing this System for 2months now. Figured I'd go and see what everyone else was talking about it, but I couldnt find any threads on the matter. I know this is a relatively new machine, but figured I wasnt the only one with it.

Basically this machine emits harmonic waves that help dilate the plants Stomata, which then should help the plant to create an enhanced metabolism that speeds up effects of photosynthesis and other technical jargon. Now this is suppose to cause bigger, faster, healthier buds/plants.
Independent test have shown a comparison of Tomatoes grown side by side. The Non-Biowave side had only 2/3 of the Tomato sites compared to the Biowave side, ontop of the Biowave having harvestable fruit 2-3weeks before the Non-Biowave side did.
suntec1.jpg

suntec2.jpg

Now I dont want to give my full opinion on anything as I have yet to harvest, and not sure I'd even want to count this run as a fair run because Ive been having some issues, but we will see where it is when the time comes in the next few weeks. But so far I can say...
Not sure if it increased yield as much as they are claiming, but from the looks of my grow at Week 5 and how it more looks like a Week 7+ trich wise.. Id have to conclude that there might be some truth to this thing after all..

M

MTgrower

I saw a study somewhere about a study that showed similar results from playing tapes of songbirds in the grow room. That looks a little more involved, but cool to see experimentation of any kind. Best of luck.

The price for the indoor unit you are using isn't too bad considering that it looks like part of the space station.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
I hate to sound like a hater or nay-sayer espacially since i havent done any research, but the pixs and the diffrence it makes seem to good to b true. with that being said, im very intrested. r u planning on posting some pixs or ur current crop and previous crop dispite ur set backs this grow?

confu...

D

darkcloudy

MTgrower - It is kinda the same idea. Soundwaves put off harmonic vibrations as well which all effect plants. It wouldnt be consistent or as powerful as a biowave I am guessing but it runs off the same principals.

Confu - Yield wise I dont think Iam going to be able to compare fairly as I have been experimenting with different light setups as well. The biggest thing I am noticing is how the plants seem to look like they are finishing 1-2+ weeks ahead.. Most of the plants are just maybe 5 weeks in and majority of the trichs are milky and looking as if they will be ready to cut soon. They arent as plump as Id like to see them yet, but Iam hoping within the next 14days of winging out nutes and just molasses+water, they will bulk up. Almost everything is milky trich wise in the room. Some of the OG's look like they will need another 2-3weeks. The sour grape is usually a quick 7-8week and it seems as if flushing is going to start now. The OGiesel I have is already milky/amber throughout and might have to cut her down within next 2weeks, so i guess i will definitely be starting a flush for majority of the girls.

I was talking with other local growers at the hydroshop who happened to pick one up. And one who was hesitant at first but is swearing by it now. He claims his room was dialed in for a consistent 11.5-12# every run. And now with this and his current setup (co2 sealed, 8k aircooled lights) hes claiming he got 15.
I still dont know if I believe its capable of delivering that much more yield, but like Ive repeated so many times, and showed the other independent test pics; it definitely looks like it makes plants harvest faster.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

You should try experimenting with a computer, a good pair of speakers including subwoofer and a software tone generating program. Yiu could get better results and save lots of money.......

M

MIway

Snake Oil

^^^ I'v heard this too... apparently you dilute the snake oil to a 2% solution & must apply to a full plant soak... after the initial drying, the trick is to rub the excess oil back into the plant by gently massaging between the fingers, careful as to not bruise the plant tissue. Snake oil be the bomb yo!

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

I hate to sound like a hater or nay-sayer espacially since i havent done any research, but the pixs and the diffrence it makes seem to good to b true. with that being said, im very intrested. r u planning on posting some pixs or ur current crop and previous crop dispite ur set backs this grow?

confu...

lol...
how much is the thing? looks kinda like an antennae or something...yea space station..

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

SO I strap this thing to my DeLorean and hit 88 mph so I can visit the doc? J/k.

I would like to see a link to an actual scientific study that says this thing works. I am not saying it is impossible (mythbusters proved plants grow better with heavy metal music playing so I guess it is possible to furthur dial that concept in) but I will say that for the $3000 price tag on that thing I would like a lot more info. WHere did you get yours to test? DId you have to pay for it or did they let you try it for free? I am surprised no one bashed you for putting something like this on the forum with only 7 posts (not that I am saying that you dont have the right im just saying I am surprised no one jumped down your throat). I would like to see some side by side compairisons and a scientific article or 2 before I would even consider it... I mean you can buy 6 1000 watt digis with hoods and bulbs for that kind of coin so that thing is going to have to really do something amazing to justify the price imo.

M

MIway

Can't help myself...

The company came out with an addendum to the user manual... a solid copper triangular headdress, that when worn by the operator during harmonic treatments of the crop, will in fact increase the total stomata response by a factor 1.618... though the direct mode of action has yet to be identified. The headdress is an optional item that can be special ordered for 289.99, or 200 at the time of purchasing the Dilator.

Just an fyi for you buffs out there. ;-)

S

smokestack23

I hope this doo-hickey isn't the cause but..if you had posted and not mentioned the unit but only that your buds looked ready/ripe two weeks earlier than normal but weren't quite big as they should be at "ripe" stage, most people would say that you're having some issues. Maybe some pests chewin at your roots or something.

As was mentioned, it's great to hear about any experimentation or new gizmo. It would be nice though to see some hard evidence. Some science. Some commercial greenhouses using them (and they WOULD if the results were anything near those in those pics).

As was also mentioned, for that kind of scratch there are things you can buy that WILL make a big difference.

Now..a question...can I use a BHO extractor and what kind of snakes work best? I think all we have around here are garter snakes. Would they work? And..do you use it at full strength or dilute it with water?

D

darkcloudy

Lol I have nothing to gain by posting this, so If you really would rather live in the ignorant dark about things, you can do that in another thread by yourself. I am posting this for the ones who actually may be interested in trying to see new alternate means in improving their garden.

http://www.biowaveindustries.com/science.htm
They have another test on their site can read the details for yourself.

Here's an independent test result from the official site. Green houses are using them and as I just said they are sold out locally because of greenhouse/commercial growers.
testresults2.jpg

And when I said not as plump.. doesnt mean I have something wrong with them... Just means I know they could be more swollen, and I expect them to keep swelling by the day.

Just hit Week 5.
http://img810.invalid.com/img810/3716/sdc10225z.jpg
http://img692.invalid.com/img692/48/sdc10227m.jpg
http://img839.invalid.com/img839/443/sdc10217x.jpg

K

Kobe24

Thats not a real study...thats an advertisement

Allow me

INVESTIGATING THE EFFECTS OF SOUND
ENERGY ON PLANT GROWTH.

ABSTRACT
The effects of sound and music on plant growth have been an intriguing subject and
the fascination of many a horticulturist over the years . Many have claimed the effects of
talking or the playing of classical music to the plants . Surprisingly, this has some scientific
basis, according to research done mainly by the scientists from China and Japan

waayne

waayne

darkcloudy this is pretty interesting, but what I would like to see is a controlled side by side test using Cannabis not Tomato's...
Have you observed any other positive effects since you started using this machine?

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I am not saying that you stand to gain anything and thank you for the post. I saw the "Study" on the website as well but a wise man once told me "Never ask a barber if he thinks you need a haircut. Again I have read several independent studies reguarding the effects of music/sound on plants so I am not saying that this is Snake oil persay. To think that they could figure which frequencies effect plants the most is not out of the realm of possibilities. That being said I think most people would like to see a side by side on cannabis or an independent lab study that coroborates the results noted by the "Barbers" that make the machine. Again I was wondering, did you buy the machine or did you receive it to test it out on mmj? Thanks again for the post.

D

darkcloudy

Google the details of the company who did the testing, 'Silliker' . It is a testing lab for these type of purposes, that outside companies hire to see if their products are safe, effective, ect. They had them run the Biowave as a outside tester so they could show its not just them making these claims.

But yes that is on the lines of whats happening here with the Biowave as far as your post with the effects of Sound energy.

I paid for the machine, but I am friends with the owner of a local Hydro store and lets just say if Im not happy with it he will gladly take it for his garden.
If I had a dual flower room I would love to do a real side by side test. I am in the middle of moving though and have to move the grow of course, so maybe the new spot I will construct 2 different flower rooms and be able to do this properly.

Thats not a real study...thats an advertisement

Allow me

INVESTIGATING THE EFFECTS OF SOUND
ENERGY ON PLANT GROWTH.

ABSTRACT
The effects of sound and music on plant growth have been an intriguing subject and
the fascination of many a horticulturist over the years . Many have claimed the effects of
talking or the playing of classical music to the plants . Surprisingly, this has some scientific
basis, according to research done mainly by the scientists from China and Japan

bloads

bloads

How big is that thing? At first I was thinking it was like 8 feet tall and you put your plants inside it during veg for a few minutes or something. After my bongloads wore off a bit, I realized it's probably more of a speaker sized thing that just emits a tone (audible or not?).

D

darkcloudy

Its about 3+feet tall. You want to hang it around top of canopy height level.
I let it run 15mins on/45mins off for every hour the lights will be on. In veg you adjust the 15min on/45min off for whatever type of Veg light cycle you have obviously, 22/2 20/4 18/6 ect.

frenetic

frenetic

how did the plants finish any noticeable difference in yield, finishing time, or potency?

surferbum6900

surferbum6900

my buddy just added it to his grow. ill find out in a couple months. i know everyone at one of the hydro stores i go to, all of them use it

Top Bottom