New Grow Issues

• Thread starter pdasterly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
pdasterly

pdasterly

this my first grow in rdwc, ive grown in dwc for past 2 years with no issues. Plants started slow and continued to grow slow, im in veg for 4 weeks, now my lower leaves are yellow and a few are wilting, i believe i had nute lockout so i flushed system and reduced ppm to 300, plants still dying, i dont understand whats happening.
Using maxigrow expert schedule.
ppm 310
water temp 68-72
ph 5.8
room temp is 78F

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I'd run afew degrees cooler for the room temp if not running co2

pdasterly

pdasterly

im in veg, i read 85F is the limit but im will try anything, im about to lose my crops

Toaster79

Toaster79

Got a pic?

By your description they night be hungry

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
this my first grow in rdwc, ive grown in dwc for past 2 years with no issues. Plants started slow and continued to grow slow, im in veg for 4 weeks, now my lower leaves are yellow and a few are wilting, i believe i had nute lockout so i flushed system and reduced ppm to 300, plants still dying, i dont understand whats happening.
ppm 310
water temp 68-72
ph 5.8
room temp is 78F
at 4 weeks veg in my opinion you need to bump your feed levels up, 300 is way too low that far into veg. Your ambient room temps are fine. I don't see any mention of water temps. what are your rez temps running at?

And in a way you confuse me, on one hand you say lower growth is yellowing so you flush and then cut back your nutes???? Bump up your nutes and watch for a week. Keep in mind that yellowed older growth wont restore itself. Watch for changes in the upper/newer growth once you get your nute levels up. just my .2cents

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
ppm 310
water temp 68-72
ph 5.8
room temp is 78F
78 is fine, lower would be better but running 78 has nothing to do with your yellowing leaves condition. they are hungry bro , any pics????

Last edited:
pdasterly

pdasterly

current culture describes my condition as nute lockout, both remedy was to reduce ppm. Also current culture nute schedule is 300ppm in late veg
current culture
I just flush whole system and started over but with lower ppm
water temp runs 68-72 with 1hp water chiller but the drooping plants are still sickly

at 4 weeks veg in my opinion you need to bump your feed levels up 300 is way too low that far into veg. Your ambient room temps are fine. I don't see any mention of water temps. what are your rez temps running at?

And in a way you confuse me, on one hand you say lower growth is yellowing so you flush and then cut back your nutes???? Bump up your nutes and watch for a week. Keep in mind that yellowed older growth wont restore itself. Watch for changes in the upper/newer growth once you get your nute levels up. just my .2cents

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Thats why I said imo we all grow different tho. I never ever run over 80 without Co2 veg/bloom

pdasterly

pdasterly

reading lack of oxygen also causes wilting, i moved the bad plants to site where good plants were, system is ucdwc, 14 site with 4 per bucket, using 1000ghp water pump, system is 600 gallons, have 2 air force 80 pumps going into 2 16 port manifolds, 2 air stones per bucket, also have 2 gh pumps with 2 air stones on each in control bucket

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thats why I said imo we all grow different tho. I never ever run over 80 without Co2 veg/bloom
plants do respond well in igher temps, and as you said only can tolerate with co2 supplement at higher temp ranges. But 78 ambient isn't all that bad...…….. I have gown killer weed in higher temps and no gas!!!!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
my room isnt sealed for c02
that can be an issue, so if that's the case work on getting your ambient temps down. Sounds like you have water temps in hand…….. I always used a chiller in my rez. Never had any issues. So you have at least 1 part conquered!!!!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
current culture describes my condition as nute lockout, both remedy was to reduce ppm. Also current culture nute schedule is 300ppm in late veg
current culture
I just flush whole system and started over but with lower ppm
water temp runs 68-72 with 1hp water chiller but the drooping plants are still sickly
another reason to not believe everyting you hear. Was growing hydro before counter culture evn exised 300 ppm that late in flower is too low. Try what I suggested and thank me later!!!

pdasterly

pdasterly

another reason to not believe everyting you hear. Was growing hydro before counter culture evn exised 300 ppm that late in flower is too low. Try what I suggested and thank me later!!!
never had issue in dwc, this new system is ucdwc, shouldnt be that much differant, main difference is the undercurrent, is there such thing a too much current?

H

heisen

Roots look bad,I'm putting my money on stem and crown Rot on the real bad one.stems prob about to seperate from the roots.your ppm is way to low but wouldnt cause the plants to look that bad.your having a dissolved oxygen issue with a combination of root illness.you need more air in the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom