NEW GROW LIGHT Technology!! Induction Lighting & Sulfur Plasma

• Thread starter Elite Nugs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
qupee

qupee

^ very interesting, but it does sound like the "holy grail" of lighting (and so makes me skeptical).

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Agreed. First, "Holy Grails" don't configure well w/ my belief system because they are not dynamic. Secondly, the voice of the messenger may have muffed up on a detail. Third, I haven't seen it, let alone run it yet.

Consider me to be curiously awaiting the finished product w/ the other interested parties.

One thing that I know for sure, and you can take this to the bank- these guys don't fuck around.

E

Emithsuk

Have been waiting for this tech to pan out into something viable, subscribed.

beezleb878

beezleb878

Great for veg, add hps to flower and have the best lighting but plasma is not quite good enough for flower alone from what I have gathered but all in time and this is all pretty much prototypes working for the most part in the industry. For plasma lighting, this is like watching the first or so generation of initial led lights. The future truly does look bright for this but time will tell. Most of my view points and information comes from the direction of gavita.

I am liking the progress on the newer generation of LED lights as well.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

I'm not carrying the plasma banner and I'm not either/or. Who knows? Maybe there'll be new hybrids that develop that are similar to the current mix of CFLs, T-5's, HPS, MHs and LEDs. This particular prototype uses the same basic plasma tech that is currently out there, but it is different than anything out there.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Wouldn't start sitting on the edge of my seat just yet, not that you were. It took 7 weeks between posts before I had anything worthwhile to add to the discussion last time. Could be another 7 weeks +/- before there's anything new to post. In other words, I'm not hitting, pumping up and running. I'm a THC Farmer and investing my time here.

Al B. Bock

fractal

fractal

Dees are those plants in the pic raised entirely on induction lamps? That looks like some stocky, healthy growth comparable to HID's if that is what induction lamps can do it sounds like progress is definitely being made in the next gen of growlights.

A

AltarNation

Hey guys, so a 400 watt fills a 6'x6'... does that mean it needs to be at a good distance? What is heat like with these? How does it compare to HID temps?

P

Phate_

Whatcha guys think of the Gavita Pro Series 300w LEP (Plasma Light) & 600w HPS? Can't remember the PAR rating but the lumen output is 90,000 or more on the 600. Both lights will be somewhere around $1,700. Pricey, but ehh.

I'm trying to score these babies to run alongside each other to do my personal under.

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

We're working with these Tesla-induction-magnetron lights now. Testing so far shows promise in veg, but the bloom cycle is still ongoing.

321abc

Whatcha guys think of the Gavita Pro Series 300w LEP (Plasma Light) & 600w HPS? Can't remember the PAR rating but the lumen output is 90,000 or more on the 600. Both lights will be somewhere around $1,700. Pricey, but ehh.

I'm trying to score these babies to run alongside each other to do my personal under.
Id hold off on the Gavita Pro 300 LEP. It falls in several areas. It is only considered a supplimental light and can not do the job on its own in flowering. It is required to run with a HPS to do the job. That and the fact that it is only 300w. So when you run it side by side with anything above a 400w HPS you run into issues. As it has a low wattage, it is required to be closer to the plants to be optimal. Which means it should be set closer to the plants than a 600w. This will cause shadowing of the higher mounted HPS. You could always mount them in line with a 600w but it will be at a loss of light (inverse square law)

The Luxim emitter that is used is a STA 41-02. I would wait until the new puck is released, the STA 75. It is beleived to offer more than twice the light of the current Gavita 300w LEP with only an additional 150w.

Read about it in the link to this thread.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/new-luxim-plasma-sta-75.47557/

If your going to invest a lot of money with Plasma, wait for the real thing otherwise you will kick yourself when the STA 75 is released and your purchase has been made redundant.

Prince Blanc

Prince Blanc

Very interesting. Not cheap, but if they're all they're cracked up to me, they could be worth it. Would like to hear more first hand reports on how they go.

P

Phate_

Id hold off on the Gavita Pro 300 LEP. It falls in several areas. It is only considered a supplimental light and can not do the job on its own in flowering. It is required to run with a HPS to do the job. That and the fact that it is only 300w. So when you run it side by side with anything above a 400w HPS you run into issues. As it has a low wattage, it is required to be closer to the plants to be optimal. Which means it should be set closer to the plants than a 600w. This will cause shadowing of the higher mounted HPS. You could always mount them in line with a 600w but it will be at a loss of light (inverse square law)

The Luxim emitter that is used is a STA 41-02. I would wait until the new puck is released, the STA 75. It is beleived to offer more than twice the light of the current Gavita 300w LEP with only an additional 150w.

Read about it in the link to this thread.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/new-luxim-plasma-sta-75.47557/

If your going to invest a lot of money with Plasma, wait for the real thing otherwise you will kick yourself when the STA 75 is released and your purchase has been made redundant.

Thanks bro...ya I had intended, do intend to run them along side 600w pro series from Gavita. 4 x 600w HPS & 3 300w LEPs....I already have all the HPS's & 1 of the LEP's but now knowing about the new puck I will indeed wait for that model to be released. As for the placement, I'm not sure if I agree...I've been talking with Gavita about setting the room up...& I've received a few calculations...& in most, the Plasmas are raised higher. It's new tech to me, that I haven't used yet, so I can't say for sure. You very well could be right. I have a lot of trial & error to go through with this

whazzup

whazzup

LEP is not sulphur plasma btw, sulphur plasma produces no UV.

Of course there will be a 75 module (or whatever they will name it) but do not expect any to hit the market until 2013. In the meanwhile, the pay-back period of a 300 LEP is 2 cycles. Also it is not said that the spectrum of the new lamp will change much, and in fact I doubt that it will.

More light output is not always beneficial. You know that it is a point source, so you can not do a lot about the intensity of the light straight under the light. For a combination with HPS the throw of the lep 300 is great, and as additional lighting you do not need to hang them lower than the HPS.

Vegetative growth under 1 plasma is possible on a square meter, as pure veg or pre-grow, keeping mothers, growing cuttings. Here is an example of a SJ 150x300 tent with two 300 LEPs that has exactly that purpose (sorry for the poor color balance with the blue colors - blame apple ;))
IMG 1344

Here is a Herijuana father for example from that same tent:
P1110151

More indica? Skunk Afghani.
IMG 1388

IMG 1389

IMG 1390

Rather some sativa? Amnesia Haze.
P1110077

whazzup

whazzup

the problem with induction lighting is that the shape of the light source is not very handy to develop a very efficient reflector (in fact it is impossible). Induction lighting itself works very well. You just don't have the penetration compared to the high intensity lights. So growing around the lamps seems like a good idea to me :).

dankworth

dankworth

I was thinking the same thing. A shape not unlike a fluorescent lamp is good at providing lower intensities of light spread out over a larger area, but like you said, it is not at all like a point source, so it does not lend itself well to efficient reflectorization.
Good for moms, clones, side-lighting, maybe hung down within the canopy w/ trees, etc.
But not really as a primary light source for tree growers.

Whazzup, some of us are very glad to see you here. Thanks for your time.

P

Phate_

Thanks Whazzup! I know you know your sh*t, & your pics speak for themselves! :O

Can't say I can wrap my mind around all the technical stuff yet, but after a few months of study...I'll get there!

Thanks so much for the informative post!

Latest posts

Top Bottom