New Grower Could Use Some Help

• Thread starter killbill420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
killbill420

killbill420

Hi, I am a first time grower and am having issues of course.

The strain is Amnesia Hashplant from OGS. I germinated in straight coco coir. All popped and started off great. They are seven days old now. In that time, they stretched about 2 - 2 1/2" and two have collapsed. I'm going to try and repot them all today and bury the stems deeper to hopefully prevent any more of them collapsing.

I started these indoors on a window sill that has direct sunlight from around 1pm - 7pm, then want to transplant them outdoors as soon as possible. Due to the extra stretching, I was thinking about maybe adding a couple of inches of Roots 707 on top when repoting to give them a little help. Does this sound like a good idea at this point?

Future plan after two weeks or so was to up pot into Roots 707 mix, and then when older into straight Roots Organics soil.

I have no indoor lights whatsoever. I have them in solo cups on a window sill that has direct sunlight from around 1pm - 7pm. Is that enough light?

I'm hoping to use the sun and not any artificial light if possible. I could put them outside, but temps are in the mid 80's and a bit windy and they are still very fragile. Any help/ideas would be truly appreciated. Thanks.

Dan789

Dan789

Newly sprouted beans are Very sensitive. Too much anything will kill them. Just water, and sparingly, not too much light either. They should be getting everything they need from the soil you've got them planted in.
(They are in some planting/soil mix now and not the coco choir?)

killbill420

killbill420

Hi, thanks for the reply. No, they are still in the pure coco. I was going to wait until they are two weeks old, then up pot them into a slightly ammended mix (Roots 707).

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Just put a cfl lightbulb about 6 inches away 18 to 24 hours a day and they wont stretch so much. Any cfl will work but a daylight white of 5500kor higher works best.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Wait until your area has 16 hours or more of usable light to set them out or they will flower and then reveg and have weird airy growth.

Tat2420

Tat2420

You can help stabilize them with small bamboo sticks...and remember some air flow will strengthen them as well

Dan789

Dan789

Hi, thanks for the reply. No, they are still in the pure coco. I was going to wait until they are two weeks old, then up pot them into a slightly ammended mix (Roots 707).
Doesn't that seem counter to the new plants getting any nutrients, from what? The coco? imho these new plants won't ever see two weeks alive, waiting for feed that isn't there.
If indeed this was/is a coco grow, the nutrients would have been administered every few hours, not in two week intervals. Forgive me in advance if I'm missing something, but don't think so.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Plants will live in coco with just water until the cotyledons shrivel up and die, they have all the fertilizer the plant needs for the first month or so.

Top Bottom