New grower wanting feedback/advice on current setup <3

• Thread starter xrevolutionx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

xrevolutionx

I actually have a full on VIVOSUN setup I can post some pics later today if you want to check it out. Everything from my pots, tent, fans, ducts, lights, humidifier, dehumidifier, pH tester (if I needed it), etc. Almost everything is VIVOSUN except the connection cables and power cables.
Would love to see! Please share when you can.

X

xrevolutionx

Just wondering what you guys think is the best PPFD for the seedlings now at one week old for an autoflowering indica? Im between 250 and 300ppfd although the light has an awfully uneven spread so cant wait to replace it with the SF2000 tomorrow!

X

xrevolutionx

It’s a hot mess right now and I have to work on cable management tomorrow. However it’s slowly coming along as I’m slowly growing.

My lights seem super high but this picture was taken during some readjustment.
This looks great! love the kit, for three little ladies that wont always be little do you think it will be a bit tight for them in there? :)

X

xrevolutionx

You don't have to put the filter inside the tent even if the duct is at the top, you can run it just like you have it at the bottom except the duct would be at the top. Just set the fan/filter on the table next to the tent and run the duct to the top.

All I can imagine is a passive flap open on the bottom and the fresh air being pulled across the bottom instead of up and across the plants and their canopies.

Plus the air helps cool the light which is set higher in the tent.

Duct would only have 1 bend at the top, currently you have 2 bends in the duct being at the bottom. More bends, more air restriction.

I run intake fans at the bottom of the tent instead of using passive flaps, this greatly increasing heating and cooling control and maybe something you could consider in the future.

Use foil HVAC tape on your connections, I put hose clamps first and then foil tape over them.

So my setup has seen an upgrade and I wanted to share and get any feedback from you guys to see if it all looks ok. I have piped in the carbon filter and inline fan from the top so there is only one bend. There isn't a lower hole to keep open but i have opened one of the flaps on the side with the mesh so presumably there will be a good airflow across the majority of the tent. Ambient tempature in the grow room is around 72 so hoping this works ok?

At the top of the tent I have a small fan on one side, I will get another for the opposite side and position it lower. The tent is now 2x4x5. So a little more room on the height and plenty of room for two girls to grow comfortable side by side!

As for the Spider Farmer SF2000, so many confilicting thoughts on intensity and height. For now I have it at 70cm height and intensity just under 60 percent. Most reference I find is it run it at 70-75% intensity at seedling stage but that seems quite high as my PPFD is close to 350 at the top of the plants with the intensity/height I have it set at.

Feedback welcome. Thanks for your support guys. For the love of buds <3

Inline and filter piping
Inside2
Inside1

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
So my setup has seen an upgrade and I wanted to share and get any feedback from you guys to see if it all looks ok. I have piped in the carbon filter and inline fan from the top so there is only one bend. There isn't a lower hole to keep open but i have opened one of the flaps on the side with the mesh so presumably there will be a good airflow across the majority of the tent. Ambient tempature in the grow room is around 72 so hoping this works ok?

At the top of the tent I have a small fan on one side, I will get another for the opposite side and position it lower. The tent is now 2x4x5. So a little more room on the height and plenty of room for two girls to grow comfortable side by side!

As for the Spider Farmer SF2000, so many confilicting thoughts on intensity and height. For now I have it at 70cm height and intensity just under 60 percent. Most reference I find is it run it at 70-75% intensity at seedling stage but that seems quite high as my PPFD is close to 350 at the top of the plants with the intensity/height I have it set at.

View attachment 2138278View attachment 2138279View attachment 2138280
350 ppfd on seedlings is at the top of the range. Watch for twisting leaves.
Running rh above 60% for extended periods can cause issues, in your grow room.

MrVicriously

MrVicriously

This looks great! love the kit, for three little ladies that wont always be little do you think it will be a bit tight for them in there? :)
Possibly, but worst case since I am using the smallest closet in my house to grow. I would probably just remove the tent, install the light inside the closet and turn my entire closet into a grow room. Honestly thinking about it after doing this for a couple weeks. The only concern I have as of right now is just keeping them alive. When the time comes for them to really go big I might upgrade tents or just slowly build out my own grow closet.

Newty

Newty

View attachment 2138278View attachment 2138279View attachment 2138280
I like that exhaust setup much better!!!

Seedlings take around 100-300 ppfd, you can always lower light intensity and bring the height of the light down and raise the height of the light and intensity as it grows. Whatever works best for you! They don't look like they're stretching or anything so everything seems to be going good!

Sloppygls

Sloppygls

I like that exhaust setup much better!!!

Seedlings take around 100-300 ppfd, you can always lower light intensity and bring the height of the light down and raise the height of the light and intensity as it grows. Whatever works best for you! They don't look like they're stretching or anything so everything seems to be going good!
Yes I had the light down for the first week but on week 3-4 I had to put the light all the way up thank you for the tip my first time 😊

Newty

Newty

Looks good!

My tents are 80" tall, I put my exhaust fan and filter as far back in the tent as I can get it so I can raise my light as much as possible.

If you end up running out of height, you can either reposition the exhaust so the light clears it or move the fan and filter to the outside.

Idk if you have your duct on top of your tent to redirect the exhaust air somewhere else but if don't want the duct laying on top of tent like you have it, you can cut the duct down to whatever length you want. The less bends you have and the shorter the duct is, the more effective the exhaust will be.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I told him that early on, OP ended up moving it and showing pic in post #25

I'm glad more people spoke up about it, the more people that point something out the more the OP can trust the advice given!
Wise words.
The clown is fashionably late to this shindig!
Nice rig! Def will get the job done! 👊🏻🤡

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Nothing wrong with being late to the party, as long as you show up f$%d out of your mind with the means of getting everyone at the party on the same level 🥳
SAY WHEN!!!

👊🏻🤡

X

xrevolutionx

Possibly, but worst case since I am using the smallest closet in my house to grow. I would probably just remove the tent, install the light inside the closet and turn my entire closet into a grow room. Honestly thinking about it after doing this for a couple weeks. The only concern I have as of right now is just keeping them alive. When the time comes for them to really go big I might upgrade tents or just slowly build out my own grow closet.
Best of luck! And keep us posted on the lovely ladies progress please! Are you growing different varieties? My thinking would be i would rather have three smaller plants and get a selection than having two bigger plants and less variety. That's what I will do on my next run is plant 3x varieties, all different in my 2x4x5 and see how that goes! The more the merrier, so to speak.

MrVicriously

MrVicriously

Best of luck! And keep us posted on the lovely ladies progress please! Are you growing different varieties? My thinking would be i would rather have three smaller plants and get a selection than having two bigger plants and less variety. That's what I will do on my next run is plant 3x varieties, all different in my 2x4x5 and see how that goes! The more the merrier, so to speak.
I currently have 2 strains from an unknown breeder that I received from a friend. Said he does not know much about them one is OG Melons? and the other is Glookies. I do not know if they are auto or photo either. Growing complete "ghost seeds" almost.

X

xrevolutionx

Was just wondering how far off you guys think I am until I start with the Nutes? Biobizz Biogrow to be precise. Would perhaps push a quarter dose to start with and raise gently over time, does that make sense?

The ladies are standing proudly nine days old.

Top Bottom