New grower, with stunted seedlings :(

• Thread starter Mark4444
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sshortguy1

I mean, think about that though. Everyone is using different environments, lights, substrates, nutrients and growing different strains. Of course there will be differences in opinions as one grow is not the same as the next. Nurseries are no different from one to the next in the way the plants are managed...

The forum is a great place to get a general consensus though along with insight from folks who have some pretty extreme knowledge and experience. So while trial and error works, there are folks here who want to help people avoid those potential problems. Or help fix existing issues. This gets done by proposing multiple solutions or pointers based on one's personal experience and knowledge.
the problem I have gotten was 1 was trying to help a guy I know personally he showed me a forum from 1 of these that tried to sabotage his plants to kill them to burn up his roots which he knew would of done it, i went overlooked at them I knew some of his problems till my wife popped in & showed us what we didn't see, she owns a nursery she seen some of the comments on here & told me never to listen b/c of hate envious & jealousy, I'm telling honest logic here, you have to use some common sense & you can't expect others to find it you need to look up read books, back in the lower 90s I grew my own, we didn't have the internet we had books I read there's some that I have read are unforgettable they were from Ed Rosenthal's growing books, read cover to cover from germination to plateauing the plants similar to pinching as they call it today to break off to create new branches

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
It's unfortunate that some people do provide information with malicious intent. This will be in every forum at some point or another but generally speaking, I haven't seen much of that in the number of forums I've been a part of thankfully.

S

sshortguy1

It's unfortunate that some people do provide information with malicious intent. This will be in every forum at some point or another but generally speaking, I haven't seen much of that in the number of forums I've been a part of thankfully.
The best advice to give out is if you're uncertain about a deficiency, etc, get some books, read about them, I didn't have the internet, we didn't know anyone ever trying to grow such plants to land you in prison back then, I went to the library to see about growing plants, etc, ran into some of Ed Rosenthal's books read them even bought some directly, I read every evening after work done what he said & voilà healthy plants, takes time, patience & determination

TSD

TSD

This forum is generally kind, you have a few bad apples now and then that like to pick fights or be rude, but you just ignore it and take all the advice in and make your own decisions. There are many very experienced growers on here that genuinely want to help others succeed. The moderators are also good about keeping mean people in check and booting them if necessary. Think about it, yes hands on experience is the best teacher, but on here you have the culmination of many people's many years of hands on experience. I have about 10 seasons of outdoor grows under my belt as well a lifetime of regular gardening, and I learn new things or techniques on here all the time, no such thing as too much knowledge! Some are know-it-alls and think 2 grows makes them an expert, but over all, there is a wealth of knowledge and kind people on here with one goal in mind, grow some dank ass weed to help us get through this crazy world a little bit happier. 😊

S

sshortguy1

This forum is generally kind, you have a few bad apples now and then that like to pick fights or be rude, but you just ignore it and take all the advice in and make your own decisions. There are many very experienced growers on here that genuinely want to help others succeed. The moderators are also good about keeping mean people in check and booting them if necessary. Think about it, yes hands on experience is the best teacher, but on here you have the culmination of many people's many years of hands on experience. I have about 10 seasons of outdoor grows under my belt as well a lifetime of regular gardening, and I learn new things or techniques on here all the time, no such thing as too much knowledge! Some are know-it-alls and think 2 grows makes them an expert, but over all, there is a wealth of knowledge and kind people on here with one goal in mind, grow some dank ass weed to help us get through this crazy world a little bit happier. 😊
that was the same I was telling another, you never stop learning in this type of work, like computers, the same, you can always learn something new, the only 2 I ever listened to was Ed Rosenthal & Derek Gillman the 2 most experienced growers

S

sshortguy1

I mean, think about that though. Everyone is using different environments, lights, substrates, nutrients and growing different strains. Of course there will be differences in opinions as one grow is not the same as the next. Nurseries are no different from one to the next in the way the plants are managed...

The forum is a great place to get a general consensus though along with insight from folks who have some pretty extreme knowledge and experience. So while trial and error works, there are folks here who want to help people avoid those potential problems. Or help fix existing issues. This gets done by proposing multiple solutions or pointers based on one's personal experience and knowledge.
exactly 1 of of the reasons I'm not going to swear on anything like the guy thought he had an issue with his plant b/c of a little discoloration which his camera wasn't showing the discoloration very good

TSD

TSD

that was the same I was telling another, you never stop learning in this type of work, like computers, the same, you can always learn something new, the only 2 I ever listened to was Ed Rosenthal & Derek Gillman the 2 most experienced growers
There are just so many variables in gardening, cannabis or any plant, it's literally impossible to know everything, you're always going to run into something new, be it a pest, a pathogen, a deficiency or an environmental issue. I get pests every year, I grow organically, I know they will come, it's about control, not eradication, so knowing that and accepting it, I go into each year ready for battle, and each year I try some new techniques, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. They say you need 10,000 hours of experience to be an expert on anything, I've been playing in the garden with my mom since I was a toddler, so I've probably hit that, but I don't consider myself an expert... because I still fuck up and I still learn new things all the time.

S

sshortguy1

There are just so many variables in gardening, cannabis or any plant, it's literally impossible to know everything, you're always going to run into something new, be it a pest, a pathogen, a deficiency or an environmental issue. I get pests every year, I grow organically, I know they will come, it's about control, not eradication, so knowing that and accepting it, I go into each year ready for battle, and each year I try some new techniques, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. They say you need 10,000 hours of experience to be an expert on anything, I've been playing in the garden with my mom since I was a toddler, so I've probably hit that, but I don't consider myself an expert... because I still fuck up and I still learn new things all the time.
I can feel the pain, all that work & attention to have it die then have to start over again

Moeboi

Moeboi

And this my second grow and I give u my word ill keep u posted on these plants ..I've learned alot from my last grow thanks to thcfarmer its so many people in here that can pin point the problem and help ya get it right trust me im proof I didn't know anything about growing until I joined this..and successfully did my first grow it might have took a year lmao but I did it ..kept track of it on here so I'm trying again and trying to keep track last plants i forgot I planted and they were nice size didn't watch them grow it was pure luck n the help of many in here but this time trying to keep track start to finish so I can do many more
Day 4 in soil day 8 since germination ..strain ak47 2 unknown soil coco perlite and vermiculite just watered with Alaska fish fertilizer for nutrients

20211205 161239
20211205 161231
20211205 161224
20211205 161219
20211205 161202
20211205 161151
M

Mark4444

Day 4 in soil day 8 since germination ..strain ak47 2 unknown soil coco perlite and vermiculite just watered with Alaska fish fertilizer for nutrients
Any updates? I hope it worked. I’m facing a different yellowing issue now. Is your growth still stunted?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Any updates? I hope it worked. I’m facing a different yellowing issue now. Is your growth still stunted?
What’s stunted about your plant other than the yellowing? The worse thing a new grower can do is over mother their plant, which is happening here. The yellow could be caused by something as easy as over watering. Let the pot dry up before watering again. Are you in coco or soil?

M

Mark4444

What’s stunted about your plant other than the yellowing? The worse thing a new grower can do is over mother their plant, which is happening here. The yellow could be caused by something as easy as over watering. Let the pot dry up before watering again. Are you in coco or soil?
It says on the bag “potting soil based on sphagnum peatmoss”
The leafs were growing by the hour before it suddenly stopped in day 3 and it’s day 10 now. Transplanted it to new medium with perlite, stopped watering for 3 days till its dry because almost everyone here said it’s overwatering. I only spray the soil with a sprayer and raised the temperature a little.
I think I am just going to germinate new seeds from a different bank this time.
CB7D46C5 7620 4691 B638 AE7FC729BAC8

Moeboi

Moeboi

Seem like they are doing better I had to lower my light a little they were getting stretchy..I just put a little nutes in soil when it was time to water

20211207 133133
20211207 133141
20211207 133146
MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

Gonna take a stab at it and say it’s your growing medium and you being a helicopter parent. The soil looks super cakey and dense, needs a lot more perlite imo, and like others stated, this plant needs lots of oxygen at its roots. A lite and fluffy growing medium is going to make a huge differenc. Pic of my soil for reference. You don’t need to buy soil made for cannabis, you can easily make your own.

Moeboi

Moeboi

Better pic but it's second week hopefully can finish these off earlier than last grow

20211208 170330
M

Mark4444

Better pic but it's second week hopefully can finish these off earlier than last grow
Don’t mind me asking but what kind of soil are you using? and what is the soil pH? I am starting a new grow today but I am changing everything because I still don’t know what my problem is.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
The only way to learn is by trial and error. We can’t grow the plant for you. Why start a new one when you could learn a plethora of knowledge this grow. Good luck and happy grows.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Don’t mind me asking but what kind of soil are you using? and what is the soil pH? I am starting a new grow today but I am changing everything because I still don’t know what my problem is.
it all depends where you are located and what you can get your hands on.
1st, on top menu click on forums, when the screen is done loading on the left hand menu "Medical Cannabis Cultivation: there is "General indoor growing" with 4 submenus. If you are going soil then click on organic soil and it will bring a lot of journals up. Best place to get information.
2nd, understanding the type of grow you are looking to do. Soil, coco, Hydro, rockwool
3rd, Going through some completed diaries/journals of the grow type you are planning to do is key to success.
4th, on top menu click on forums, when the screen is done loading on the left hand menu "Medical Cannabis Cultivation: there is "General indoor growing" with 4 submenus. If you are going soil then click on organic soil and it will bring a lot of journals up. Best place to get information.

The are thousands of ways you could go about a grow and it all matters what you start with.
my preference is Promix HP, but im sure there are members/growers here that like FoxFarm or living soil and so on, but understanding the soil is what will teach you how to avoid the deficiencies and problems you see here.

hope that answers your question. 🙃

S

sshortguy1

The only way to learn is by trial and error. We can’t grow the plant for you. Why start a new one when you could learn a plethora of knowledge this grow. Good luck and happy grows.
TY I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TELL THEM THAT, I told them if you want to be a good grower you need to read the books about marijuana growing like I did with Ed Rosenthal's books or any of the growers they read about

Top Bottom