New Growers General Chat

• Thread starter CharmCity915
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CharmCity915

CharmCity915

What's up everyone, so it's been a bit since I've been on and posted. I've been so busy but will definitely be around more. Hope y'all have a great day✌❤️

IMG 4959
IMG 4963
IMG 4976
Ecompost

Ecompost

The neem is $5 for a bottle of pure neem that by the Time you dilute it to strength will make probably 25 gallons of bug repellant.
its not cost, its about taste. But yes neem become systemic and so works by making plants too bitter for herbivores and even some weed smokers :-). Note also many plants nutrient density is improved by a bit of leaf nibbling

Monster762

Monster762

its not cost, its about taste. But yes neem become systemic and so works by making plants too bitter for herbivores and even some weed smokers :). Note also many plants nutrient density is improved by a bit of leaf nibbling
I used for 2 weeks after bugs n now just nutes n water. Figure 8 more weeks of water n nutes should flush neem out.

Monster762

Monster762

I used for 2 weeks after bugs n now just nutes n water. Figure 8 more weeks of water n nutes should flush neem out.
It is bitter nasty stuff. But bugs don't live in it n plants do. I agree I wouldn't use near harvest for sure.

Ecompost

Ecompost

it dont work like that buddy, its about changing the terpene and flavanoid structure which is permanent

Monster762

Monster762

hey better to use it IMO than not if you got issues. :)
I only did a real flush with it on one plant and it was a smaller one. Others I treated top soil. I was afraid flush would kill plant. I flushed it heavy. 25 ml to a shy gallon n never rinsed it out of that plant. That's how I'm sure it won't kill the plants. Cause I just about tried to overdose it to see reactions. The biggest part of my solution was the tear down n rebuild of the room sterilizing everything and keeping top soil dry

Ecompost

Ecompost

I only did a real flush with it on one plant and it was a smaller one. Others I treated top soil. I was afraid flush would kill plant. I flushed it heavy. 25 ml to a shy gallon n never rinsed it out of that plant. That's how I'm sure it won't kill the plants. Cause I just about tried to overdose it to see reactions. The biggest part of my solution was the tear down n rebuild of the room sterilizing everything and keeping top soil dry
it doesnt kill plants, it does change the structure of them however, this when used in soils is taken up by our plants cells

Ecompost

Ecompost

I like to dot plants about the place that I know early season pests like, so Milkweed for aphids for example. This way they go on the milkweed, this attracts predator bugs, they eat the aphids,...ant are really good at messing aphids up. They eat adults and eggs, plus they add formic acid which aphids and other leaf biters, soft bodies insects hate.
Athropods in the soil are again super at cleaning up eggs and larvae of known pests.
i have over time developed a bit of patience where bugs are concerned. Before I pull any triggers, i first understand what i have. I have like everyone, splattered too many beneficial bugs through ignorance. How many eggs etc, so many times i have ended up squashing ladybug eggs, mistaking them for a threat. I dont do this nowadays. I learned about bugs, cycles and appearance to stop me destroying things which might otherwise benefit me.
Also when we kill the pests, we kill the dinner of the other animals and this just dont feel right to me.

I do use products early and late in season where pests get going early, eg aphids which dont even bother to shag when they find a place they like, they simply clone themselves, can work in the cold etc, where ladybugs, lacewings, ants etc prefer a bit of warmth before they turn up and deal with the problem pests for us.
I am very careful now however. I also use a product which has a similar systemic impact to neem but it doent have the human angle of bitterness to tolerate. it does work at restricting moths, this being a super big threat to me and my plants at this time of year as things cool down. Predators of moths are also in decline, so i use nets and a product I make, which has a super effect at deterring many pathogen spores and moths or other, say spider mite, thrips and so on, and it has compounds known to boost soil health. :-)

Top Bottom