New Growers question, plants look too light in color on poor persons budget grow

• Thread starter ohionw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

ohionw

Should I flush? New grower here. Having a color issue with one being too light and the new growth looking too light as well. On a poor person budget grow. Learning as I go. I have 3 in veg and are all from the same dispensary strain Joker Candy. Here are some pics. Any help would be awesome. Thanks! All went in dirt on Dec 25th after germination. The light green one lost it’s entire root on transplant as a seedling and came back to life.
New growers question plants look too light in color on poor persons budget grow

New growers question plants look too light in color on poor persons budget grow 2
New growers question plants look too light in color on poor persons budget grow 3
New growers question plants look too light in color on poor persons budget grow 4
New growers question plants look too light in color on poor persons budget grow 5
New growers question plants look too light in color on poor persons budget grow 6
New growers question plants look too light in color on poor persons budget grow 7
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Should I flush?
No.

New grower here. Having a color issue with one being too light and the new growth looking too light as well. On a poor person budget grow. Learning as I go. I have 3 in veg and are all from the same dispensary strain Joker Candy. Here are some pics. Any help would be awesome. Thanks! All went in dirt on Dec 25th after germination. The light green one lost it’s entire root on transplant as a seedling and came back to life.
There can be several reasons for the light color. My first thought is overwatering, which usually is watering too often. The soil looks wet, so maybe letting it dry will help. It also looks somewhat like a magnesium or nitrogen deficiency, but I suspect watering is a good place to start. Too frequent watering can reduce the plant's uptake of nutrients from the soil. How often have you been watering it?

O

ohionw

Hi. These were watered yesterday. 1" was dry on top. I water them until they drip and then stop. 6.2 ph. I water them less than once a week. The feed I have is solid so I have to water some with it. I have only fed them 2 times. On my research the lighter one looked like it was deficient in iron. It got food and blood meal yesterday with watering. The 2 that are not light green were just fed and watered. I'll wait and see what they look like in the next few days and I'll share a pic. I topped one, fimmed another and left the biggest one as is.

O

ohionw

I thought maybe light stress as well. I had 2 lights going for a while and the discolored one's leaves started curling so I went back to one light. It was light in color prior to that. I stared them in crap dirt and transplanted them. The light colored one had it's one and only root ripped from it and I babied it in some good soil and after a while it started to grow but always looked discolored. All the plants are in the same medium.

O

ohionw

Ok, no, I haven't used Cal Mag, I'll have to get some. Any very cheap alternatives or somewhere that has a cheap version?

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Its light stress coupled with calmag deficiency.... the lighter green is happening from top and getting dark green towards the bottom... either raise light or lower intensity.... your stems are turning purple which is a good indicator of calmag needed as well.... usually with light stress causes calmag deficiency... not always but I've noticed to be a correlation

O

ohionw

Its light stress coupled with calmag deficiency.... the lighter green is happening from top and getting dark green towards the bottom... either raise light or lower intensity.... your stems are turning purple which is a good indicator of calmag needed as well.... usually with light stress causes calmag deficiency... not always but I've noticed to be a correlation
I have raised my light and working on getting some Cal-Mag tomorrow. Not sure where to get something local, I live away from all big cities. Are there any box stores that would stock something that would be acceptable?

Top Bottom