New growth is it normal?

• Thread starter Boomckissick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Boomckissick

Yeah move the seedlings to the corners and give a full dose of cal mag with a thorough watering. Things should look better within 3 days or sooner
Ok thanks man I watered yesterday fully saturated so when should I do this cal mag dose?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I had no clue what I was doing man. I put in a bunch of eggshells, coffee grounds, fish fertalizer, worm castings and a few worms. And just a dash of "organic gardens all purpose 444" at the first watering. I know it's a mess but I'm looking for help now before I mess up these seedlings
Not a mess bro just need to slow down now and make some minor adjustments. You soil needs time to break those all down. In the meantime just give a full dose of call mag watered in to saturate all of the soil then allow it to dry back well before watering again. I would say close to 5-7 days at this point but i cant say for sure

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Wow. Do a slurry test please.

Slurry Test

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Wow. Do a slurry test please.

Slurry Test
Yea this… with all those amendments you will want to know this

M

MasterCookie

I'm also running ny light 24in away from canopy.
You may have a ph issue.. new grow yellowing more than old growth.. that scream iron deficiency which again can stem from ph being to high.. however you plant overall seems a bit under fed.. yea you added a bit too much stuff. Unfeeding can come about from putting in too much organic material too quick.. it causes bacterial bloom and locks up nitrogen and increases pH.. so check ph with slurry. You can use distilled water and take a spoonful of the soil from ontop and mix it into the distilled water.. wait a minute and check ph of water with your meter.. you can also run distilled water through your pots and check runoff.. however that will worsen the issue.. but it will be a more accurate test..

M

MasterCookie

Forgot to say just add enough water to get a slurry as @Aqua Man was suggesting to do.. rule of thumb to growing cannabis.. listen to @Aqua Man and everything will work out.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Just ask the Honorable @Dirtbag. He can tell you all about Fishguy's multiplicitive proclivities with mary jane.

B

Boomckissick

You may have a ph issue.. new grow yellowing more than old growth.. that scream iron deficiency which again can stem from ph being to high.. however you plant overall seems a bit under fed.. yea you added a bit too much stuff. Unfeeding can come about from putting in too much organic material too quick.. it causes bacterial bloom and locks up nitrogen and increases pH.. so check ph with slurry. You can use distilled water and take a spoonful of the soil from ontop and mix it into the distilled water.. wait a minute and check ph of water with your meter.. you can also run distilled water through your pots and check runoff.. however that will worsen the issue.. but it will be a more accurate test..
I did this slurry test and my ph was 6.4. So the soil should be ok for now?

M

MasterCookie

I did this slurry test and my ph was 6.4. So the soil should be ok for now?
You just got to wait a bit.. for the organics to start to decompose. Keep your watering/feed daily to runoff continue to buffer ph.. and it should clear up in about a week. The good news you will have more nutrients for the future of the plant life cycle.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I never water to runoff unless I'm fixing hydrophobia.
But I also don't feed mine.

M

MasterCookie

I never water to runoff unless I'm fixing hydrophobia.
But I also don't feed mine.
I got coco 15gal pots out in thunderstorms weather and when the evening comes for plants feeding.. I still water.. that's how porous coco mixs can be.. lol I got plants growing is 100 % water.. grows excellent still.. coco are soilless media that acts as a free aerator and reservoir at the same time.. without using electrical power..

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I got coco 15gal pots out in thunderstorms weather and when the evening comes for plants feeding.. I still water.. that's how porous coco mixs can be.. lol I got plants growing is 100 % water.. grows excellent still.. coco are soilless media that acts as a free aerator and reservoir at the same time.. without using electrical power..
Yep. I grow only organic without feeding. Once we get a bigger place, I will be building an aquaponic system that links to the grow tents as well. And I don't use electricity to pump water either.

Top Bottom