New here, Medical grower

• Thread starter Robt393
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Robt393

Robt393

Hi everyone,
My names Rob, I have four grows under my belt. I was stupidly using a mix of MH and HPS - temp at 36 in a 60x60 tent. I got my new LED rig yesterday, therefore starting a new grow from seeds.
My main reason for joining is to get a bit of help and advice along the way. I have had a brain tumour for over two years now and I find pure organic weed is a miracle worker :).
I intend to start a diary, i'm old school so Northern Lights. White Widow, Kush etc are my go to strains. If anybody knows any modern strains that may be good??

Hope to chat
Rob

steamroller

steamroller

Welcome to the farm Rob !
You may need to use more N and MG with LEDS then before with MH/HP .
If you think stuff looks lite/def. go with your gut and supplement.

Robt393

Robt393

Thanks steamroller, I'm learning. At lest the temp is down at 26 now. I'm just trying an auto C4 atm as a test. will watch and go with my gut

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Welcome Rob, I have been treating cancer with cannabis for almost a year. If I can help in any way don’t hesitate to send me a message.

Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

Welcome. It is amazing to me how I went from watching dying seedlings to needing a bigger tent to fit monster plants so fast. Great info here.

Robt393

Robt393

Welcome. I love those old school strains too. Hard to beat, consistent, solid genetics that don't hermie when you push them. Cheers
Agree. Flowering temp at 36 on a Northern Lights from seed. She still gave me 4oz when it was dried. Brown buds but very potent. I'll be interested to see with my new LED's at correct temps how good and sweet 🤞 that will be.

Robt393

Robt393

Welcome Rob, I have been treating cancer with cannabis for almost a year. If I can help in any way don’t hesitate to send me a message.
Hi SweetLeaf, I have been researching this for the last few years ... we dont need to tell each other how beneficial (and lovely of course) it is for receptor blocking, nausea etc etc.
I'd love to know your thoughts about strains etc.

Robt393

Robt393

Welcome to the farm brother. I started smoking when those 'old skool' strains were the new strains. ☮️

But I am new to indoor growing myself! (Outdoor veteran)
Ah the good ole days. All we could get was soap bar, I've only a 60x60 space but getting great results so far, monster plants and buds but drying and curing is a different story 😔. Too much googling increases ones paranoia lol. Looking at pictures and making yourself blind with a little 40x glass up to your eye.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I'd love to know your thoughts about strains etc.
Strains are a huge topic and definitely one where there is a learning curve. I have made my mistakes for sure. What I have found is it's important to find a good reputable breeder or three and try their strains out. It's important to remember that cannabinoids and terpenes are all grower specific but genetics is where it all begins. Get good genetics, grow them right, and you will get some powerful medicine.

When I am looking at strains, there are a couple of things I am looking for in particular; cannabinoids and terpenes. I want high THC but have learned that is not the be all, end all for fighting cancer and tumors. Where you want to look is at your terpenes. Several terpenes are anti cancer and anti tumor.

Then I have found a couple of websites that share some basic terpene information on many strains. I do not know how accurate these are but it's a starting point for me when I am selecting strains. I am currently growing out a cut called Banana OG. Here is what Hytiva has to say about Banana OG-

Ask Growers has similar info on the same strain-

Many breeders are starting to realize the importance of terpene information on their strains and are getting testing done. Brothers Grimm has COA's for several of their strains and others are getting on board the terpene train....they are so important. You need to do your job as a cultivator, but good genetics are where it all starts. There are a couple of fantastic sources for great genetics here at The Farm. Check out @Poekie and @Trustfall.

Testing is also where the rubber meets the road. If you have the resources, test your flower so you know what you have. I recently finished a grow with some Ethos genetics and was very happy with the results after I paid to get the 4 plants tested. All 4 plants were super potent with great anticancer and antitumor terpenes and has since proven to be some very powerful medicine.

Are you dealing with cancerous tumors? I know some of the terpenes are both anti cancer and anti tumor but you should do your own research before deciding on which terpenes you should be looking for but a good place to start are these-

Alpha and Beta Pinene
Caryophyllene
Terpinolene
Humulene
Phellandrene
Limonene
Phytol

I may have forgotten some.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Agree. Flowering temp at 36 on a Northern Lights from seed. She still gave me 4oz when it was dried. Brown buds but very potent. I'll be interested to see with my new LED's at correct temps how good and sweet 🤞 that will be.
Yeah, 36C is asking a lot of the plant. 97*F will fry just about every strain out there I think.

Robt393

Robt393

Welcome. It is amazing to me how I went from watching dying seedlings to needing a bigger tent to fit monster plants so fast. Great info here.

Strains are a huge topic and definitely one where there is a learning curve. I have made my mistakes for sure. What I have found is it's important to find a good reputable breeder or three and try their strains out. It's important to remember that cannabinoids and terpenes are all grower specific but genetics is where it all begins. Get good genetics, grow them right, and you will get some powerful medicine.

When I am looking at strains, there are a couple of things I am looking for in particular; cannabinoids and terpenes. I want high THC but have learned that is not the be all, end all for fighting cancer and tumors. Where you want to look is at your terpenes. Several terpenes are anti cancer and anti tumor.

Then I have found a couple of websites that share some basic terpene information on many strains. I do not know how accurate these are but it's a starting point for me when I am selecting strains. I am currently growing out a cut called Banana OG. Here is what Hytiva has to say about Banana OG-

Ask Growers has similar info on the same strain-

Many breeders are starting to realize the importance of terpene information on their strains and are getting testing done. Brothers Grimm has COA's for several of their strains and others are getting on board the terpene train....they are so important. You need to do your job as a cultivator, but good genetics are where it all starts. There are a couple of fantastic sources for great genetics here at The Farm. Check out @Poekie and @Trustfall.

Testing is also where the rubber meets the road. If you have the resources, test your flower so you know what you have. I recently finished a grow with some Ethos genetics and was very happy with the results after I paid to get the 4 plants tested. All 4 plants were super potent with great anticancer and antitumor terpenes and has since proven to be some very powerful medicine.

Are you dealing with cancerous tumors? I know some of the terpenes are both anti cancer and anti tumor but you should do your own research before deciding on which terpenes you should be looking for but a good place to start are these-

Alpha and Beta Pinene
Caryophyllene
Terpinolene
Humulene
Phellandrene
Limonene
Phytol

I may have forgotten some.
Most excellent, you have provided a mass of info there. During my investigations I became very interested in the way cannabinoids interfere with the endocannadinoid system (ECS), which exists in everybody. It contains certain receptors leading to the brain. I had a diagnosis of 14 months when I was diagnosed in January 2020. In my opinion It's not the CBD which seems to wildly bandied around. THC and a couple of othe TH's (cant remember atm). Terpenes I need to learn more about as I do feel they are a critical part of this.
In answer to cancerous, I have an inoperable Glioblastoma Multiform Grade4, I think the hospital want to put me in a display case at this stage LOL

Last edited:
Robt393

Robt393

Yeah, 36C is asking a lot of the plant. 97*F will fry just about every strain out there I think.
Oh the pity I felt for the poor girl. Instead of just biting the bullet and getting LED's, I went mad with input and output fans, when I have a diary up you can see the ever so slightly over done tent 😂

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Most excellent, you have provided a mass of info there. During my investigations I became very interested in the way cannabinoids interfere with the endocannadinoid system (ECS), which exists in everybody. It contains certain receptors leading to the brain. I had a diagnosis of 14 months when I was diagnosed in January 2020. In my opinion It's not the CBD which seems to wildly bandied around. THC and a couple of othe TH's (cant remember atm). Terpenes I need to learn more about as I do feel they are a critical part of this.
In answer to cancerous, I have an inoperable Glioblastoma Multiform Grade4, I think the hospital want to put me in a display case at this stage LOL
I forgot to mention one important facet of cannabis therapy, and that is what is known as “the entourage effect“. Generally, this means to bring several different strains with different cannabinoid and terpene profiles into your medicine and basically the result is greater than the sum of its parts. I usually make my medicine in quarter pound batches, and I try to bring 6 to 8 strains that are all different And I look for terpene profiles that are complementary to each other if that makes sense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom