New Join... 1st Grow... Is it time to harvest... or what?

• Thread starter SnappyJack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rbt4her45

rbt4her45

Hi to all you growers and inhalers... 1st grow... plant originally a salvage.. then a re-veg ( that makes it about 28 weeks old) .. now 45 days into (2nd) flower and not sure if it's time to harvest... can't really tell if the trichromes are clear or white and concerned about leaves yellowing... would appreciate some master grower or not... opinions or advice.

Using one 100 watt led (from Zan) and 2 x30 watt extra cheap leds (sorry about the cheapness wasn't sure.. investment vs how much fun ) feeding 1x plus a week 15-30-15 letting dry to toothpick stick before water or fert alternating.
hairs haven't receded get your environment in check I see too much humidity

Bilber

Bilber

Hey snap....what they said ......I don't like the 20/30ish amber.....I like 10ish.....give it a couple days.....she's still eating..............

SnappyJack

SnappyJack

rbt4her45... appreciate your input: "hairs haven't receded get your environment in check I see too much humidity".... let me know your recommendation...

For the past month Humidity has been around 45% (in grow room) last week/days has been raining (east coast).. so humidity has been about 50%. Anyone else have recommendations on Humidity levels please let me know..... thanks!

Bilber ... rr2435... Eledin : thanks guys... I think we're on the same page as far as type of buzzzzzzzzzzz.. so I'll be counting on your all to keep me in check.

I try to post images daily.

Pilted

Pilted

From the pics my best guess is they should be done early march1-15th. They have a long way to go. The last two weeks they put on a lot of weight, and from the looks of it if you can wait another 30-45 days you should get a good harvest. Great job so far đź‘Ť

SnappyJack

SnappyJack

Pilted... thanks for input... Unfortunately another female will be arriving from Puerto Rico the end of Feb.. she will want her bathroom back ... as a mater of fact she will harvest this plant into tiny unrecognizable pieces for me.. after which she will dry and cure to a fine ash it in the fireplace ... why playing jingle bells on the record player.

So... maybe a gro tent is in the cards for the near future....

SnappyJack

SnappyJack

Update... notice more cola tops white tri's are looking more dark like dirty snow.. not sure if this is common occurrence.. image below shows the snow's turning a light amethyst ...

2 1 a

more amber turning up
Ambp

5 top colas out of (approx) 17 in total
She3

Stems of colas about 2 or more feet in length
She

4 of the runt stems have nice size top buds even being a foot shorter... maybe due to 30 watt side light... or all the colas feed each other no matter the length

Eledin

Eledin

rbt4her45... appreciate your input: "hairs haven't receded get your environment in check I see too much humidity".... let me know your recommendation...

For the past month Humidity has been around 45% (in grow room) last week/days has been raining (east coast).. so humidity has been about 50%. Anyone else have recommendations on Humidity levels please let me know..... thanks!

Bilber ... rr2435... Eledin : thanks guys... I think we're on the same page as far as type of buzzzzzzzzzzz.. so I'll be counting on your all to keep me in check.

I try to post images daily.

Sure! Keep us updated and we will see, seems like we have different opinions aswell in this thread. I think another month is way too much if youre looking for 10% amber. Many people harvest with 20-30-40% amber. With 20%+ amber you will get more THC but also way more CBN (Is what THC degrades into in the amber trichomes, similar effects to CBD, which combined with the THC is what gives you that more relaxing/couch high). Your humidity is okay, 40-50% for flowering is great the pistils have not curled up yet because is not ready yet, the humidity has nothing to do with that in your case. Also I see most pistils orange in the close up pics, are almost all of them orange in the rest of buds? Another thing to consider is that aproximately from week 6-7-8, depending on the strain more or less, they wont fatten any more, they will just get more ripe so I still dont see the point on waiting 1 month unless you want 20%+ amber. I might be wrong but since youre gonna be updating us we will be able to see when its ready anyway.
SOMETHING TO CONSIDER TOO is that depending on the medium youre growing, your enviroent, the genetics, technique and many other factors, you can reach day 90 of flower but I dont think is what youre looking for in this case specially when theyre already looking like that. I once had a 2 month auto strain for 3 months and a half but it was because I toped and trained it and its not good to strees autos too much, specially with mediocre genetics, like the seed I had, so the harvest time was delayed for 1 month but the ammount I got made up for it.

Last edited:
Dadman86

Dadman86

Hi to all you growers and inhalers... 1st grow... plant originally a salvage.. then a re-veg ( that makes it about 28 weeks old) .. now 45 days into (2nd) flower and not sure if it's time to harvest... can't really tell if the trichromes are clear or white and concerned about leaves yellowing... would appreciate some master grower or not... opinions or advice.

Using one 100 watt led (from Zan) and 2 x30 watt extra cheap leds (sorry about the cheapness wasn't sure.. investment vs how much fun ) feeding 1x plus a week 15-30-15 letting dry to toothpick stick before water or fert alternating.
Good job new grower! My first grow was a shit show. Wish I could have finished my first grow. Welcome to the farm. Excellent work with cheap equipment. Next grow you are going to kill it

SnappyJack

SnappyJack

Eledin... thanks.. appreciate the information.. I'll have to ‪view / read up more on "the pistils have not curled up"

The orange in the buds extends down to lower buds about 18"... the only buds that still have white hairs are the ones coming up from the bottom for about 7-8" ... their size I est about 3/8" in diameter.

See post: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/my-girl-is-having-puppies-or-what.156975/
I think their still fattening...

Dadman86.. thanks.. hoping my doesn't end in a shit show... see below

Realized I'm having a big time pH problem... my elect ph meter (last used in BlackBerry wine making) is trash.. just got some pH test liquid and found out my fert added to water has a pH of 5.. which I've started to pH up with HM wood ash Up to 6.5 on the last 2 feeds and water flush.. last pH run off came out at 5.... so I going to stop feeding and try to get a water flush come up to 6+ also my water which I last elect metered at 5.9 is actually much lower.

Top fan leaves right below top buds are deteriorating... hoping it doesn't spread to sugar leaves.. in which case I think it best to pull the plug...check leaves images below and give feedback... .. need some reassurance she's going to make it.

2 4d

2 4c

2 4b

2 4a

Below wood ash pH up ... took a few trys to get the proportions right but can nail a double dose of ferts in one gallon with 35ml liquid pH up and hit around 6.2 -6.5.. just hope it's not to late.

2 4e

Overall the plant.. rough est of 0.5 amber... but I could of went color blind in the past week

2 4f

Eledin

Eledin

You have enough healthy leaves, as long as the problem doesnt get worse it should make it imo. Someone told me that the typical ph kit with droplets and a test tube is the most reliable thing, dont know how true it is but is the only thing Ive been using. It lasts forever and its cheap too.

SnappyJack

SnappyJack

I totally agree.. their are way more good green and healthy leaves than deteriorating ones.

I completely lost faith in my electronic pH meter .. so much so that I replaced it last week with General Hydroponic wide spectrum pH test indicator ... covers a range of 4.0 to 8.5. it isn't perfect... but it is reliable. with electronic you can be 1-4 points off.. with this no more than one in 4 to 6 pH range.. and no more than 0.5 in the range of 6.0 to 8,5

Eledin

Eledin

Same here, I buy the 60ml bottle of ph test liquid from General Hydroponics. 4,50 euros and it always lasts like 2 years for me. Cant speak about other brands but this one has never given me any problems and Ive been using them for years. A decent ph tester is gonna be a bit expensive and you have to calibrate it every month I think? So in between the device and the calibration packs youre definetely saving money with the droplets and going safer imo. I dont know much about ph strips but I know that the cheap ones suck big time, same as cheap ph test devices.

SnappyJack

SnappyJack

After exhaustive search ... I've come to the conclusion that I'm high... highly impatient.. and totally inexperienced in the flowering science of Cannabis.. lot of info can be found.. all needs to be processed.

What strain effects flowering time.. some strains have little or no amber... temperature differential..etc.

Today.. I've reduced lights on to 9 hrs... not sure if I'll keep feeding.. pH still low at 5 plus it's coming up each pH adjusted watering. "Puppies" erupts have slowed down. Not much visual change from last image post.

Ph

I would of bought the 60ml bottle of ph test.. If I'd of seen it on Zon... still 10 bucks well spent.

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Nice plant man. Don’t worry too much about leaves this close to harvest. If you have determined she has a ph issue, by all means, adjust it. But nothing too drastic to try and keep her looking pretty. Finished weed can get pretty ugly and still make some pretty gorgeous nuggets.

I just harvested this plant a couple weeks ago. It’s leaves looked like total dog shit.
IMG 0669

Trimmed flowers are lovely tho…
IMG 0731

Don’t sweat it man. That’s a beauty. Cheers

SnappyJack

SnappyJack

Fromunda506 ... thanks for the encouragement... your leaves look like their being sucked dry of nutrients... mine look like they've been vaporized by a laser... but the way.. like your improvised scrog net... been thinking about future use ... trying to figure out if it holds the tops to an equal height.. or space colas out equally for light gathering.

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Fromunda506 ... thanks for the encouragement... your leaves look like their being sucked dry of nutrients... mine look like they've been vaporized by a laser... but the way.. like your improvised scrog net... been thinking about future use ... trying to figure out if it holds the tops to an equal height.. or space colas out equally for light gathering.
It does both my friend

Eledin

Eledin

After exhaustive search ... I've come to the conclusion that I'm high... highly impatient.. and totally inexperienced in the flowering science of Cannabis.. lot of info can be found.. all needs to be processed.

What strain effects flowering time.. some strains have little or no amber... temperature differential..etc.

Today.. I've reduced lights on to 9 hrs... not sure if I'll keep feeding.. pH still low at 5 plus it's coming up each pH adjusted watering. "Puppies" erupts have slowed down. Not much visual change from last image post.

View attachment 2116310

I would of bought the 60ml bottle of ph test.. If I'd of seen it on Zon... still 10 bucks well spent.

You will use less when you already know what ph you get with certain mixes. That said, thats different than the General Hydroponics Europe one. The one I have comes with a small test tube, like 10ml or less, and you only need two droplets instead of 3-5.
I have one empty bottle of the old GHE one and a 30ml fresh one from T.A. (Terra Aquatica) which is their new name in Europe. They ran out of the 60ml bottle but Ill show you how much it costs here, its crazy that you have to pay 10 bucks for the 30ml one.

And in the back 2 droplets as you can see, is what they tell you to use

And here is where I buy the 60ml one when its available

4,70 euros which is 5 dollars. The 30ml one costs 3 euros.

Last edited:
SnappyJack

SnappyJack

Here's a chart on the main chemical... had thoughts of buying bromothymol compound.. but would take time to utilize...

Brom

actually I've have adjusted my method... adding one drop to see what direction it goes ... allows me to make adjustments to test sample quickly.. using 1/3 vial ... getting accurate reading with 2 drops ... I think I've gotten to the point ... depending on the intensity of the color that I've been splitting between 0.5 increments... though it's still mostly a guess.

As I've mentioned I've reduced light by one hour daily and increased temperature (from my previous average of 65 -70F) to 80F.

Did a water / flush today with pH 6.5 plus.. still draining out at 5.5 pH... Should post some images tomorrow...

Top Bottom