New Journal - Blueberry x White Widow & Stardawg

• Thread starter SchwiftyGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Saint1

Saint1

Journals coming to an end, and the Blueberry widow is finished. Trichomes are majority cloudy and the smell is mesmerizing right now. If the final Stardawg is done drying by this weekend I will chop. Otherwise I’ll just hold off until she’s done drying before I chop chop.

Stardawgs are now on day 4 of drying and been holding steady this cycle with 55f-55% humidity. Buds are thicker on this one so may take up to 10 full days to get to 14% moisture

How do you check for moisture? I'm sure a meter? Can you show what you use? - Thx brother

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
How do you check for moisture? I'm sure a meter? Can you show what you use? - Thx brother
Absolutely, I am going to check the moisture this afternoon when I get off work and I’ll upload a picture/maybe a video?

E

elusiveshame

Thats what I thought... I have one but never thought that it would actually work for my grow. As, I use it around the house when needed to check for leaks here and there. Thanks, I just never saw any numbers as to what the moisture level should be. I am a numbers guy and monitor the numbers.

I haven't used it yet myself (I got it after I already harvested my last grow), but from what people say, they use it on the soft wood setting, and use long prongs to get deep inside the bud. The moisture level from what folks here have said I believe were 12%.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I haven't used it yet myself (I got it after I already harvested my last grow), but from what people say, they use it on the soft wood setting, and use long prongs to get deep inside the bud. The moisture level from what folks here have said I believe were 12%.
Ya that's what I've been told too, I picked one up this year $30 Amzon...soft wood 12% I had some bagged at 20% so I opened it up and let it dry a bit more.....it may have saved me a mold issue

E

elusiveshame

Ya that's what I've been told too, I picked one up this year $30 Amzon...soft wood 12% I had some bagged at 20% so I opened it up and let it dry a bit more.....it may have saved me a mold issue
That’s great to hear! I was fortunate my first grow was a success with trying to estimate when everything was ready, but I like having something to help keep the mind at ease.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I seriously was on the fence about it, but after using it I will never use my guesstimations on when they’re ready to bag. Moisture meter + grove bags = no brained IMO after using both. Huge success on the dry and the cure is going so great with an amazing smell and consistency throughout the buds.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Still have some time, this batch is taking a bit longer to dry which is a great thing

C6379DC3 8040 4D45 BC59 EF61F264AB3E
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Stardawg #2 is trimmed and bagged. Checked moisture on each bud and range from 13-15% so it’s bag time!!

Total weight for her was 61 grams, all in all pretty damn happy with the results with her. Think I may pull close or slightly over 1gpw if the Blueberry Widow weighs similar.

008B6926 9EAA 46F4 8A23 E862B3C3F9DD
340F60BE 9EF7 4372 A198 314809E57F8A
21165B10 1DF5 47A6 A79A 6769056E5C84
D94AC66C C83E 4B66 A195 3F055EFD74B5
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Blueberry widow gets the chop tomorrow! I could go another week, but going to move on and get cleaned up and get these Frostette in here!

9BABEA3D E453 4926 BB7B B218B34D8625
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Day 67 Flower-
Final chop day for the Blueberry Widow. I decided to whole plant hang these 2 to get a slower dry out of them, hoping I can go 10-14 days on this dry.

Going to start cleaning up and disinfecting the tent and get prepped to throw the Frostette in there! Been a really fun journal. I’ll check back in a few weeks after some drying and curing with a smoke report.

I want to thank everyone who hung out, commented and showed their love during this adventure. It’s been a blast and I learned a lot!

64BEC38F E0B6 4299 BA66 D241A45FD8EC
101B9418 3FB9 4BBC B1AB 3A1DC056ADC9
44F1F647 3B58 4B71 95B9 78DD1BD4D424
0CB07FA9 1EE2 4F67 8060 962DD165F4BA
DE37A13C 276C 49AD B920 55E96581A1DA
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Day 67 Flower-
Final chop day for the Blueberry Widow. I decided to whole plant hang these 2 to get a slower dry out of them, hoping I can go 10-14 days on this dry.

Going to start cleaning up and disinfecting the tent and get prepped to throw the Frostette in there! Been a really fun journal. I’ll check back in a few weeks after some drying and curing with a smoke report.

I want to thank everyone who hung out, commented and showed their love during this adventure. It’s been a blast and I learned a lot!
Damn bro they got chunky!! Nice harvest man.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Damn bro they got chunky!! Nice harvest man.
Thanks bro, really appreciate the kind words 👊 really happy we could make it to the end.

I will say, I’m not buying the Blueberry Widow strain again from MSNL. I still have 3 seeds left and don’t think I’m growing this again.

Both Blueberry Windows developed nanners. There were quite a few bud sites that I completely missed due to the netting, leaves etc hiding them. Because of this, my Stardawgs got pollinated…and now I have bunch of Stardawg x Blueberry Widow seeds 😂 It really slowed down the growth of my Stardawgs once they switched to seed development, but what can ya do?

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Thanks bro, really appreciate the kind words 👊 really happy we could make it to the end.

I will say, I’m not buying the Blueberry Widow strain again from MSNL. I still have 3 seeds left and don’t think I’m growing this again.

Both Blueberry Windows developed nanners. There were quite a few bud sites that I completely missed due to the netting, leaves etc hiding them. Because of this, my Stardawgs got pollinated…and now I have bunch of Stardawg x Blueberry Widow seeds 😂 It really slowed down the growth of my Stardawgs once they switched to seed development, but what can ya do?
Ahhh man, thats a big time bummer. Right before i chopped all my plants down from the mildew i found nanners on the Chemdog i had, so im glad i didnt take clones from her lol.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

Nice job man, Nice heavy buds. I don't think they were hurt too bad by the size of those things......watch drying them too slow heavy buds can stay damp inside if you're not careful. I tend to dry too fast because I've molded up some buds in the past and that really hurt at the time. . It looks like they've got lots of sparkle, should be tasty as fk.😁

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Ahhh man, thats a big time bummer. Right before i chopped all my plants down from the mildew i found nanners on the Chemdog i had, so im glad i didnt take clones from her lol.
Yeah man looking back I’m glad I didn’t take clones either. It definitely was a bummer, but hey may grow these Stardawg Blueberry Windows outdoors 🤣
Nice job man, Nice heavy buds. I don't think they were hurt too bad by the size of those things......watch drying them too slow heavy buds can stay damp inside if you're not careful. I tend to dry too fast because I've molded up some buds in the past and that really hurt at the time. . It looks like they've got lots of sparkle, should be tasty as fk.😁
Hell yeah man thank you so much! These girls definitely filled out to my liking, they definitely got the full time they deserved. Good looking out on that advice, I am going to be cracking them open daily to check, but really hoping that doesn’t happen, it would suck so bad lol! The smell is on another level and really hoping the taste transfers over! 👊

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Nice job dude, been fun hanging out and watching those nice buds wind down. Cheers.
Hell yeah man appreciate you! I’m excited to give these a try especially after smelling these all morning 🤣

Be sure to check out my ongoing journal with Trustfall genetics, link is in my signature!

Latest posts

Top Bottom