New leaves turning bright green/yellow

• Thread starter Panewbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Panewbie

Panewbie

The light green coloring along the veins and edges of the lower leaves.

However based on those fertilizers you should be delivering plenty of Mg if you're following the directions. However I notice there is no calcium or sulfur in either of your nutrient bottles; are you supplying that elsewhere? I am sure you are providing calcium because they would be looking pretty bad if not but I could see this being a sulfur deficiency if not a

Panewbie

Panewbie

However based on those fertilizers you should be delivering plenty of Mg if you're following the directions. However I notice there is no calcium or sulfur in either of your nutrient bottles; are you supplying that elsewhere? I am sure you are providing calcium because they would be looking pretty bad if not but I could see this being a sulfur deficiency if not a pH issue.
I am only providing those fertilizers at this time I was using bone meal at the beginning and switched to liquid fertilizers because I've had to bend this plant down so much out of fear of running out of room. I only have a 2x2x5 tent at the moment so it makes it easier for me to add to the water supply verses soil amendments. My ph level reads at 6.8

Panewbie

Panewbie

However based on those fertilizers you should be delivering plenty of Mg if you're following the directions. However I notice there is no calcium or sulfur in either of your nutrient bottles; are you supplying that elsewhere? I am sure you are providing calcium because they would be looking pretty bad if not but I could see this being a sulfur deficiency if not a pH issue.
Also it may be worth mentioning ever since this plant has been growing the new leaves come out yellowish but after a few days or a week they darken up

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

I am only providing those fertilizers at this time I was using bone meal at the beginning and switched to liquid fertilizers because I've had to bend this plant down so much out of fear of running out of room. I only have a 2x2x5 tent at the moment so it makes it easier for me to add to the water supply verses soil amendments
Yeah I'd add lab grade gypsum at 1 grams per gallon if I were you. There is some residual calcium from the bone meal you added but that wont' last long and the gypsum will also add sulfur. And get that pH down ASAP.

Panewbie

Panewbie

Also it may be worth mentioning ever since this plant has been growing the new leaves come out yellowish but after a few days or a week they darken up
This is with the light
Yeah I'd add lab grade gypsum at 1 grams per gallon if I were you. There is some residual calcium from the bone meal you added but that wont' last long and the gypsum will also add sulfur. And get that pH down ASAP.
I have bone meal still do you think it's to late to add that or should I just go with the gypsum? Sorry for all the questions but I honestly went into this grow with absolutely no idea what I was doing and kinda just been winging it and coming to this forum along the way to get info

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

Mid-flower feed throws everybody, its hard to predict how the plants' nutrition needs change. Earthworm castings top dress helped me get through mine.

Panewbie

Panewbie

Mid-flower feed throws everybody, its hard to predict how the plants' nutrition needs change. Earthworm castings top dress helped me get through mine.
I have a bag of earth worm castings as well. Both the fertilizers I'm using are derived from earth worm castings so would I need to add the top dressing as well? Since it's derived from it does it mean the qualities are not all there? I just don't want to mess this up since I have gotten this far lol

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

I dunno about ingredients list but I don't think its possible to use too much. Do both. Make sure to dig the 1-2c of castings into the surface with your fingers, break up the crust. Now is also a good time to do some de-foliation of the lower leaves that aren't getting any light.

Panewbie

Panewbie

I dunno about ingredients list but I don't think its possible to use too much. Do both. Make sure to dig the 1-2c of castings into the surface with your fingers, break up the crust. Now is also a good time to do some de-foliation of the lower leaves that aren't getting any light.
Yea its due for water and nutes tomorrow and I was planning on doing the de-foliation with it. Thanks for all the input!

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

I have bone meal still do you think it's to late to add that or should I just go with the gypsum? Sorry for all the questions but I honestly went into this grow with absolutely no idea what I was doing and kinda just been winging it and coming to this forum along the way to get info
I'd avoid the bone meal, if there's one thing this plant doesn't need much of, it's Phosphorus. We just did a formal study on P addition (via rock phosphate which is pretty similar to bone meal in composition) early in flower and found it reduced yield compared with the control by about 4% for every teaspoon we added, while Gypsum increased yield by 12% for every teaspoon we added up to 4 tsp when it plateaued above that. That was in 3 gallon pots in a growing mix with next to no Phosphorus in it.

You should be able to get gypsum at your local DIY store or garden center if you don't want to wait for some off Amazon or wherever, but it will likely be granular from there so you'd have to top dress rather than dissolve in water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom