New member, New grow. BOG & CaliConnection, 600w

• Thread starter ssteely71
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

ssteely71

It's week 4 of flower and things are looking good. Just 4 small BOG Lifesaver's , all of which are frosty and dank. The first hairs are just starting to turn red. Fungus Gnats got a handhold in my tent and populated it a bit. I wonder if the gnats can feed and breed through the material of the smartpots ? My soil should be loaded with anti FG bennies.
I have one pheno of lifesaver that I call the runt(#4)It is so small and should of been culled but she is out frosting all of her sisters. Here is her single 10" cola just after being defoilated to see if she swells.

She has a fruity rot scent to her.
I cloned the two phenos that are yielders #2 and #7 and will choose one that grows best and has best medicating properties for a mom to put in my new mom cab. Here are the ladies under the HPS. Have a good day farmers. Image

S

ssteely71

Things looking good in the bloom tent. Image My Bog Lifesavers are fattening up nicely. One pheno is just stacking on the weight compared to the others.Image
All have very nice fruity smells that reminds me of fruity pebbles cereal and all are frosty. Image
I took cuttings from all the ladies at week 2 of flower and all the cuttings rooted and are revegging nicely. Easy to clone. Image Just going to hit the ladies with some molasses at day 40ish and let them finish. Have a good day farmers. Thanks for stopping by.

S

ssteely71

Lifesaver#6 Topped at the flip she's a short two headed beast. She's sticky and smells exactly like fruity pebbles cereal.
I kind of abused her intentionally as a stress test subject and she refuses to be concerned, lol.

This is one I can't wait to taste.

S

ssteely71

Lifesaver #7 The beast. Stacks on colas and looks like a different strain than the rest in flower. It's smell is fruity sweetness all the way. She's a keeper I'm thinking. She shows no signs of finishing and will probably go a week longer than the rest I'm thinking. She also cloned easy.

So that's my BOG garden update, Bog's got some out of this world genetics.

420GoldMouf

420GoldMouf

OK I am ashamed......but I can handle the criticism.
I caused two of my ladies to herm. Both of my BMRs. Im not totally sure of exact cause because Im a newb. I had to cull them::(
Im guessing it was a combo of enviromental changes in a short period.
I added AC and walked daytime temps down to avg of 72*-74*f from temps in the low 80s over a weeks time.
I might of let airpots closest to the fan get a little too dry.(The BMRs)
Switched from MHS to Hps.
??
They both looked a little rough and were obviously slowing down, had what looked like a cal/mag def in new growth, and when I inspected the lowest nodes of each lady , they had nanners.:banghead:
This is all grower fault, and has been an issue in my indoor grows over the last year. Ive always attributed it to my high temp growing conditions so Im going to move past it and consider problem solved and hope that new temps will able me to dial in from here. My 4 Lifesaver still in bloom are at week 2 and looking very,very nice.

Yo wtf is nanners??! English plz

Dunge

Dunge

Yo wtf is nanners??! English plz
"Nanners" is the affectionate term given to male anthers being formed on an otherwise female plant.
This allows the plant to "self" meaning self pollinate.
Willingness to "hermy" (express hermaphroditic capacity) is a function of genetics, and environment.
This ability is exploited to create feminized seed copies or a female plant by exposing select flowers to CS (colloidal silver).
In a standard grow, nanners are undesirable, and are selected against, (aka: culled).
Nanners are identified as yellow stamens forming among flower heads.
Countermeasures include frantic searching and removal, or Home and Garden "Reverse".
Hope this helps. It's mostly accurate and a compilation from delivered knowledge from the farm.

S

ssteely71

Update. Harvested the Lifesaver #4 runt at 81 days from seed. 43 days from flip. Super fast finisher. Had about 10% amber trichs and 90% of hairs had turned. Haven't had a chance to really sample her yet. Will smoke it after a short cure.

Three ladies left in the tent. One showing a little lockout , probably from salt buildup, so I will probably flush it tonite. Got a TahoeOG and two kimbo kush ladies in veg about ready to flower out next.

420GoldMouf

420GoldMouf

By the way the plants are looking good. And does the plant that got topped, will it have more yield than the 1 that didn't?

S

ssteely71

By the way the plants are looking good. And does the plant that got topped, will it have more yield than the 1 that didn't?

Thanks for the compliment. All of the plants I have In the tent have been " topped" to increase yield, except for the runt i just harvested. I try to make a plant have between 4-12 main tops or "mainlining"~ depending on growth pattern and time it spends in veg. But the LIfesaver #6 that was toppped just as I flipped to 12/12 should have been in veg for another week, my late topping probably did not help my yield.

S

ssteely71

Week 7 has started. I'm still fighting the learning curve on the watering schedule with these smartpots. I was overwatering . I'm thinking about cutting a small hole in the side of each smartpot about an inch from the bottom that I can stick a finger in to gauge moisture. This week has been a dry out week and only have watered #7 once the pot got very light. I hit her with a good dose of molasses to finish her off . I think another 10-14 days till harvest. Maybe a few more. She's changing fast now.

#2 and 6 are frosting and packing on weight. Here's a cpl pics.

All that's left to do is wait !;)

S

ssteely71

Had to sweep out the tent and snapped a few pics while the girls were out. It's getting closer to chop!

This plant. #7.
Has four of these....

That look like this.....

A little purple ^^showing^^^^

Here is the harem back under the lights.

Also dropped some Kimbo females and a TahoeOG into bloom. Thanks for dropping by. BOG gear makes it easy.

Top Bottom