New RDWC grow featuring Mendel’s Æther by Brother Mendel

• Thread starter SweetLeafGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Interesting. Been using the GH ratios fairly accurately from what I can tell. PH has been super stable, slight downward trend as usual.

I'm wondering if I should amend with some brown. Seems like I recall that has the sulfur.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Interesting. Been using the GH ratios fairly accurately from what I can tell. PH has been super stable, slight downward trend as usual.

I'm wondering if I should amend with some brown. Seems like I recall that has the sulfur.
Not sure what brown is but if its molasses i would steer clear and stick to mineral salts. But im very confident its a sulphur issue

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just for your learning purposes. Sulphur deficiency looks very similar and often confused with iron. Both start near the growing tips (tops) aka newest growth of each branch.

But iron will be far more pronounced with almost a hard line transition as it extends from inner outwards being very yellow and sometimes almost white.

Sulphur has a much more gradual transition often not quite yellow but rather very light green until the later stages of deficiency

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I’m sorry about my stupid terminology it’s just easier to type and convey. I’ll go back to proper names so as not to confuse.

FloraMicro (brown) has no sulfur.

FloraBloom (pink) is where the sulfur comes from.

So with iron in micro and sulfur in bloom you can kinda target things.

I’m with aqua tho if you have a targeted deficiency like sulfur but good on p and k adding more bloom could actually cause other issues. Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) would be a great option. It can be applied in a foliar spray so you could test in an area pretty easy if you are not sure. After confirmation add it to the res. For foliar 2 tblspn / gal should fix you right up.

Walgreens sells 6 pound bags for $5. That will last you 10 years. Just get the blue bag 100% mag sulfate not the fruity shit that has lavender or whatever in it.

It’s crap like this that helped me make my decision to switch to jacks. Just more control. Sometimes you need it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m sorry about my stupid terminology it’s just easier to type and convey. I’ll go back to proper names so as not to confuse.

FloraMicro (brown) has no sulfur.

View attachment 1319963

FloraBloom (pink) is where the sulfur comes from.

View attachment 1319964

So with iron in micro and sulfur in bloom you can kinda target things.

I’m with aqua tho if you have a targeted deficiency like sulfur but good on p and k adding more bloom could actually cause other issues. Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) would be a great option. It can be applied in a foliar spray so you could test in an area pretty easy if you are not sure. After confirmation add it to the res. For foliar 2 tblspn / gal should fix you right up.

Walgreens sells 6 pound bags for $5. That will last you 10 years. Just get the blue bag 100% mag sulfate not the fruity shit that has lavender or whatever in it.

It’s crap like this that helped me make my decision to switch to jacks. Just more control. Sometimes you need it.
Lol not gonna lie now that i know what the “brown” is i kinda like the reference

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Thanks guys, this is great info. I'm going to hit her with a foliar here in a bit and see if she greens up. I have some plain stuff that should do the job.

If that is the case, and I suspect it will be, how much Epsom salt per gallon would be a good dose for her in the res?

I have seen Jacks line and also @Dragonsflame has me interested in a line that comes pretty highly recommended by @Anthem. Will be fun to watch Jeff dial this line in and see what it has. I also have gallon jugs of GH that will last me a while but watching and learning here. I imagine once I get this 4 site system online the gallon jugs will go down a lot faster.

I'm with Jeff, I did not want to use GH for some other political reasons as well I wanted all the bells and whistles, that cool balsa wood airplane with the wind up propeller ya know? I do not like big AG (monsanto) and I do not like that GH distances themselves from their cannabis customers...If I found an alternative, I would go there.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I kinda come off as a proponent of gh. I’m really not. It is like Walmart. That’s both good and bad.

Slg you have enough experience now to do whatever you want and not crash and burn. Do what suits you.

As far as epsom in the res you gotta look at the big picture of what you are adding. Got cal-mag going in?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

id start at 1 gram per gal for in the res. If you foliar it will be different.

1 gram of epsom will add about 25ppm of mag. Now under LED you will see a higher demand on mag anyways. Magnesium doesn’t really effect availability of calcium but calcium will effect availability of magnesium. It can affect P, K availability but at 1 gram per gal i wouldnt even give it a thought.

i havent had any issue running as high as 2 gram per gal using a wide range of ratios

Top Bottom