New reality show "Kop Busters" gets the footage for their pilot

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

viper1951

cops don't like being made to look like fools as they reserve that job for them selfs! great show like the look on all of the dumb cops though they better have a good excuse for the warrant as they will be challenged on it for sure even the judge has some explaining to do on that one it just shows how crooked the cops are and what they will do to make a bust and how they lie BUSTED gotta love it !

A

adam

i got a question for you TEX or anyone who might know. how is it that barry has his old pull-over videos from when he was a cop?if you seen his dvd he shows quite a few on it. i thought those videos would be property of the county he was serving.didnt think cops could keep them seems strange if they can.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Those videos are passed around by cops like a friggin Blockbuster video store, they keep copies of all the good, entertaining, or incriminating stuff for themselves and is free for the pickins to them. Great at parties.. Plus it's evidence, it's not top secret government info, it's available for veiwing, how do you think the show "COPS" gets all that wonderful roadside footage for their show? cops and departments just send it to them....for what else...the notoriaty..

The guys that guard/watch police evindence are cops...nuff said...

Also the "freedom of information act" act allows you to petition the court to release of information deamed in the public domain or in the public interest so you could get them that way also..

That's my guess

Tex

D

Dagga

..but I guess I would rather piss off cops that the AB any day, those are some scary cats when they don't like you.

Tex

He's probably got a lil of the "pecker" blood in those veins. whats up wood!

Cali smoke

Cali smoke

Source: http://donklephant.com/2008/12/11/kop-busters/

The police took the attorney into custody.

In 60 days, the police have to release the affidavit saying how they gained probable cause to raid the house, which only KopBusters knew about, and in which nothing illegal was going on whatsoever. It seems pretty reasonable to assume that the police used thermal cameras (which the Supreme Court has ruled are unconstitutional, Kyllo v United States (2001)), and then just flat-out lied to gain entry (vice squads routinely use the tried-and-true and usually non-falsifiable “an informant tipped me off” or “I passed by and smelled marijuana”). Of course, given the conditions of the house and the setup, that will be on-the-face-of-it laughable. And suddenly the police have to account for why they entered an empty residence with two Christmas trees and a glow lamp, and how they knew about it in the first place.

It’ll be interesting to see how that plays out. With any justice (and some media rabble-rousing), the DA by all rights ought to be turning his focus on the vice squad. Probably just as likely he’ll try to have KopBusters arrested. Either way, should make for some illustrative copy. And regardless, this is a problem endemic in the drug war, and in law enforcement generally. Probable cause is meant to be a protection for the citizenry against unwarranted searches and seizures. In most police departments, it’s just viewed as a bureaucratic nuisance, a mere lawyer’s formality, and with no inherent value (so what’s the harm in skirting it?). That tension will always exist, and for good reason. But for the system to work, there has to be consequences, lest the law-enforcers get too complacent, too lax, and too outright hostile to their constitutional checks.

For more, check out Barry Cooper’s site. Mr. Cooper is a fairly strident anti-drug bust crusader, and a bit of a personality in his own right. I had the pleasure to meet Mr. Cooper at last year’s Liberty Forum (libertarian convention), where we were both speaking. I gave a dry hour-long seminar on constitutionalism and activism—Cooper, by contrast, had a motivational-speakeresque presentation and was received like a rock star. But there’s no doubting that this guy has brass balls, and it’s a systemic problem that not many are willing to take on.

Maybe with another dozen or so like him around the country, police will actually start having reason to be afraid of not following procedure?

S

Simple Simon

I think George Washington would approve of Berry Cooper :yes

B

bluegrass

This is the best thing i've ever seen before. We all need to do this to these fuckers and maybe just maybe it will start the beginning of the end of thermal imaging! I must try this one day when I am clean and straight, LMAO!! This made my day!!

Cali smoke

Cali smoke

Source: http://nevergetbusted.com/kopbusters/index.php

Update: We just received the affidavit. The only cause to raid the house was an anonymous letter a preacher delivered to the police department. The anonymous letter explained marijuana was growing in the house and a large amount of cash was in the fireplace.

So our first operation exposed the unlawful act of a judge signing a warrant without sufficient probable cause. AN ANONYMOUS TIP IS NEVER ENOUGH PROBABLE CAUSE TO RAID A HOUSE IN AMERICA. THE COURTS ARE VERY CLEAR ON THIS.

When I'm asked by the media if I, or if any person on my team, wrote that letter, my answer is this:

"Anybody could have written that letter. The police could have written it. The preacher could have written it. The neighbors could have written it. That is why it's called an anonymous letter, and that is why the Supreme Court finds anonymous letters insufficient for probable cause to break into a home with guns drawn. If it were legal to conduct a raid based on an anonymous letter alone, then citizens could send anonymous letters to trigger raids on their enemies."

I have raided over 100 homes during my tenure as a narcotics officer. If I would have presented an honest judge with the same letter asking for permission to raid, he rightly would have said, "Son, that is not enough evidence for me to sign the warrant. Go investigate and gather more evidence. If you can't find anymore evidence, then we can't raid the house. If you find more evidence, come see me and I'll re-examine the affidavit."

This is a colossal Fourth Amendment issue -- Citizens in America are promised protection from unreasonable searches and seizure. It's unreasonable to search a house based on anonymous tips alone.

Sounds like we should have titled the show "JudgeBusters."

P

ProGroWannabe

heh heh Right On! Keep rockin that boat Barry, some of us really enjoy watching them bitches squirm.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
It's pretty obvious that Barry or his crew wrote the letter and delivered it to the police.....I mean the house was raided in under 30 days from settin it up.

What the cops and judge did was wrong all the way around but they found out about the fake grow op because Barry told them that there was a bunch of marijuana growing and a bunch of cash in the fireplace of that specific house.

Barry is just a shady as the rest of the system IMO..

Tex

S

Simple Simon

Maybe Berry is just showboating , but I have to ask myself the question "what have you done lately to expose the Justus system shitting on our constitutional rights?" and I have to answer not a friggen thing. I hope Berry keeps on doing what he is doing even if hes just showboating. :nod

G

goldenroad08

tex, they may have wrote the letter, but they gave it to a preacher who gave it to the cops. they didnt do it themselves. at that point, its up to the preacher as of what to do with it, so i dont think its that shady. and id take shady that uncovers blatant disregard of our constitution over shady that just is blatantly disregarding our constitution. the only way that they're going back to following that document is if we make em, and it looks like barrys leading that charge, so god bless him. if i were a texan, id vote for him.

Top Bottom