New setup New Grow, Peyote Gorilla

• Thread starter Lockeboxgrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lockebox

Lockebox

Well it's not the worst problem to have but plant P is definitely getting top heavy. Between the lack of space to move or see what's going on I'm not sure if I want to fix it or see what happens. Not sure if there is an easy way to fix it at this point lol

Lockebox

Lockebox

LOL well I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Homework guys, it's important 😅.

I Don't think I can get a trellis net in there, or really see any way to support the leaning buds. They're all in the back corner furthest to reach and space is so maxed out I'm paranoid to even attempt moving the plants.
Screenshot 20220820 021635

IMG 20220818 172717835

On a big positive, the deficient plant is not only standing strong and upright but is also showing healthy growth coloration again with even some purpling along the edges of some leaves (hard to see in pic)
IMG 20220818 172728728

Both plants are now getting 1/2 strength sensi bloom A&B as well as 1/2 strength Bud Candy every other watering

Lockebox

Lockebox

I may try to use some yoyo hangers later to support the leaning buds. I was reading about mold developing and spreading from buds rubbing each other and being this close to the end, that's the last thing I want lol. If they're leaning this much today at week 7 I wonder how week 10 is gonna look..

Lockebox

Lockebox

Used a yoyo hanger and some wire to tie one of the buds up. I was going to do more but messing with the one was enough for me between manhandling the buds and slapping everything with wire. By lifting that one I separated all the buds in the corner and got some light down deeper.
IMG 20220821 163719407
IMG 20220821 163732236

Lockebox

Lockebox

Used some more wire to tie a few more buds up, despite stabbing the occasional bud I'm feeling a lot better about it now. Even exposed a bud in the corner I didn't know existed lol
IMG 20220822 182036905
IMG 20220822 182028876

Wife says I should harvest the deficient plant LOL. She says it's ugly 🤣
IMG 20220822 182045847
IMG 20220822 182050366
IMG 20220822 182103598

Lockebox

Lockebox

Day 46 today so middle of week 7 on a 10 week flower time

I turned the light down to 50% earlier based on a gut feeling and few other reasons.

1. Grower friend at dispensary said something about sunlight losing intensity following August so turning down light intensity late in flower helps bring out terpenes, idk but it sounds good LOL.
2. The unhealthy plant looks even more yellow today and it's mainly directly under the light. The side of the plant against the tent wall far from the light is still green so that tells me light may be part of problem
3. While still overall healthy and green, I noticed some spots on the healthy plant that might be very early stage of what the unhealthy one is doing.

Not sure if for better or worse but I increased the sensi bloom a & b from 1/2 strength to 5/8 strength as well as decreasing light from 60 to 50 %

Temps staying around 78-82 day and 68-70 night. Rh around 50-55 recently

Most current watering on the healthy plant tested runoff pH at 5.8 after watering in at 6.5

Lockebox

Lockebox

Sorry for the novel but here's my story
My Wife Poured Coke In My Plant!!!

lol not even sure where to start. So as any of you following along know, I'm growing 2 peyote gorilla, from the same seed pack, in the same environment under practically identical conditions.

Well A few weeks ago one started experiencing issues and became potassium deficienct and yellow where the other stayed fine. I've fiddle fckd with nutrients and light intensities trying to fix this plant and understand whats going on with it but everytime it starts to look better I swear it just gets worse .

Well I've been thinking this whole time I've got two different phenos (which I still do) and that one is just a lot more finicky than the other. Where that might still be true, I got some additional info from my wife last night.

A few weeks back we got in an argument and I probably said some things I shouldn't have said, I know but we've all been there. Well I I guess the very next day when I went to work, she poured 1/3 of a can of coca cola into my plant to get back at me.. 😱

LOL you'd think I'd be mad but I'm actually a little relieved. I thought this whole time it was something I did wrong in the grow but it turns out I was sabotaged haha.

I think if I would have done a heavy flush right at the time of the yellowing I would have been able to bring the plant back but who expects soda in your soil when diagnose a plant problem 😂

i dont have a jewelers loupe yet for trichs but I'd say about 50% of the coke plants pistils are red so I may just say fck it and chop tonight idk. That or just start flushing it for the next couple weeks. Whatever my gut tells me when the lights come on later.

lol even when someone says mean things to you in an argument, keep your cool and kill them with kindness. You could end up with coke in your plant

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Ha ha ha! I’ll bet every grower has heard during an argument with their significant other, you love those goddamn plants more than you do me! If I was you, I would get a locking gas cap for the vehicle I drive! Good luck!

Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

Your not understanding. Supply and Exhaust are to different operations when using two blowers. The filter can go on either side of the blower. Putting in the tent on the suction side of the blower is common but wrong. Think of that fan setting in your lap and you block off half the incoming air where you have the filter. Thats what the filter is doing. Thus your discharge cfm goes to crap. Leave the suction side of the blower open and cover half the discharge side hole which is where I put my filters. Discharge pressure goes up,,, we call that inducing head. And you lose far less cfm because the fan stays fully loaded. The blower now as full access to incoming air without a pressure drop,,, well except for the crappy flex hose which has a pretty bad pressure drop it's self. Plus when you get the fan and filter out of your tent you free up top space. Just trying to share some very basic hydrodynamic physics with you.
Sorry to barge in if you only have one blower what is the best way to setup? If you bringing in fresh air you don't really need to exhaust anything or you need 2 blowers ?

Lockebox

Lockebox

Ha ha ha! I’ll bet every grower has heard during an argument with their significant other, you love those goddamn plants more than you do me! If I was you, I would get a locking gas cap for the vehicle I drive! Good luck!
Hahaha you hit the nail on the head. No matter what an argument is about her go to line is "All you care about is those damn plants" 😂
Lol earlier I googled 'my wife poured Coke in my plant' and one of the first links was 'my wife poured Coke in my gas tank'
Haha thanks man

Guiltydwight

Guiltydwight

I just toss it on top of the tent.

View attachment 1249204

You can do what you want. But moving the exhaust fan external that freea up the long bar to hang the light and move the short crossbar where needed to support and capture the exhaust fan and filter and improve cfm. A couple of 6" clip on pole fans would work wonders for you also. One up high blowing on the top of the light preventing heat soak of the light and one down low for the grow area. Wife and I are excited to see what happens in your new grow space!
So that way you exhaust right out of the filter does that create a lot of heat and humidity in your lung room?

Lockebox

Lockebox

Well my gut is telling me to go for it. Going to go ahead and harvest the coca cola plant, it is on day 49 of 70 per strain info. Maybe not the best move but it's my move lol, at the end of the day I still have the healthy plant going for a few more weeks if this doesn't work out too well 🤷
Here she is right now. Haven't flushed or decreased nutrients or anything like that but I've been reading a lot that that is just bro science so let's see how it goes
IMG 20220827 174251648

Top Bottom