New Simplified Way to Water

• Thread starter ComfortablyNumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The other day I had an idea and after testing, it works great.

To know if you need to water, get yourself a soil meter.
Poke or drill 4 holes in your pot 1/4 way up from the bottom spaced around the pot.
Insert the meter probe into the hole and test for moisture. If its dry, then water SLOWLY until it reads on the meter.
Stop when the meter reads the water. It's full.

How to waterjpg
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I’ll vouch for it. Tried it and it works. Very useful on 20 gallon and larger pots. I was dumping four or 5 gallons on a 25 gallon pot and was shocked to find out how little of it was getting much past halfway down. Great idea!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The other day I had an idea and after testing, it works great.

To know if you need to water, get yourself a soil meter.
Poke or drill 4 holes in your pot 1/4 way up from the bottom spaced around the pot.
Insert the meter probe into the hole and test for moisture. If its dry, then water slowly until it reads on the meter.
Stop when the meter reads the water. It's full.
How do I say this politely.... fucking brilliant brother... thats exactly where you want to know the moisture level.

The only possible exception would be in tall skinny pots but not common to see those at all.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

nailed it! lol. so easy with the cloth pots too! gotta love easy!!!!
Right there goes my there is no easy way to learn to water, it takes practice and experience statements plastered all over the site.

@ComfortablyNumb if I didnt know ya id be polite.... so in light of that... 🖕🖕🖕 lol.

All joking aside it's sooo simple it's genius. Like the dude who invented the "post its" only better. Really good shit man.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It occurs to me that using the probe makes automated water on the plants demand possible.
One of the members here does electronics with arduinos and stuff. It could be programmed to automatically slow water the plant until the sensor triggers again.
You would never have to worry if the plant needs water or not. It would be automatic.

Trigger points could be customized for the type of grow.

frostyfarms213

frostyfarms213

It occurs to me that using the probe makes automated water on the plants demand possible.
One of the members here does electronics with arduinos and stuff. It could be programmed to automatically slow water the plant until the sensor triggers again.
You would never have to worry if the plant needs water or not. It would be automatic.

Trigger points could be customized for the type of grow.
im one of those guys lol

frostyfarms213

frostyfarms213

So, you can add auto-watering right in there with auto logging. We need a great mist head that sits on top. Any 3D printers in here?
(I want one of the first production models. LOL)
i may or may not have a 3d printer as well lol... but yes i am working on the auto watering... the goal is to water based on water content levels, preferably determined by probe monitoring.

Latest posts

Top Bottom