New to all this PH/PPM

• Thread starter Pilted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ExNavyInSTL

ExNavyInSTL

I apologize if this has been covered. I looked at the headline and then opening post and my knee-jerk reaction was to let go of PPM talk. Switch to E.C. It's the unversal number that is the same for everyone.

I have one meter that reads PPM on 500 scale and another that reads on a 700 scale. That is a disaster waiting to happen.

Once you get used to EC (it doesn't take long) you will never have to worry about over or under feeding again (based on a scale).

Pilted

Pilted

So after last feeding of cal-meg on 8/14 (I watered much less then usual) they were dry on 8/16 I gave them 1100 PPM of nutes and got minimal runoff, this took only giving them 1/2 liter of water, watering very slowly. PH 6.12. no runoff results as they only had a tiny bit in tray.

I put a trellis net up just to kinda direct the heads a little, probably didn't even need to put it up. Let me post some pics but I think they doing much better.
IMG 20220817 101644637 HDR

Pilted

Pilted

I guess they getting close to flipping to flower. I'm feed them again tomorrow or Friday, then give strait water on Sunday/Monday. Then switch the lights to 12/12.

Do you think I should flush on Sunday/Monday with the fox farm sledgehammer flush?

That's what they recommend but I think the ladies (hopefully ladies, bag seeds) really seem to be responding well to more nutes. Thinking a flush might slow them down.

I think I should just skip the flush and go into week one of flower ferts the next watering after light change.

Thoughts on this would be great, but that's my current game plan, does it need adjustments?

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
i assume 1100 ppm is on a 700TDS pen. Also, adjust your pen to EC as it would be alot better numbers.
I don't use your nutrients and what they recommend but since you have their products than i would do as their suggustion. Also, send them to flower cuz their gonna stretch 3ft and you can steer the long branches towards a different cube.

Pilted

Pilted

Ok stay at week 4… water to get minimal run off and try feed feed water. Pay attention to the plants and post pics so we can see how they are responding to nitrogen
Thank you Aqua Man!!!! This seemed to do the trick.

6/16 PH 6.12 PPM 1044

6/18 PH 6.32 PPM 1560 nutes and cal-meg.

Watered very very slowly, and as soon as I had runoff I stopped. This was half the water I used to give them.

This was very good advise and I appreciate it a lot.

Pic is of older leaf and newer leaf, so you can see when I had issue and the new growth.

Oh Aqua Man I flipped into flower last night my next water is supposed to be only water, my ferts call for a FF sledgehammer flush. My plan is to flush by FF instruction (whole ather story with FF instructions.)
Do you see any issues in this?
IMG 20220820 080147657 MP

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you Aqua Man!!!! This seemed to do the trick.

6/16 PH 6.12 PPM 1044

6/18 PH 6.32 PPM 1560 nutes and cal-meg.

Watered very very slowly, and as soon as I had runoff I stopped. This was half the water I used to give them.

This was very good advise and I appreciate it a lot.

Pic is of older leaf and newer leaf, so you can see when I had issue and the new growth.

Oh Aqua Man I flipped into flower last night my next water is supposed to be only water, my ferts call for a FF sledgehammer flush. My plan is to flush by FF instruction (whole ather story with FF instructions.)
Do you see any issues in this? View attachment 1272873
Stay on veg nutrients until week 3 imo. No need to flush between

Pilted

Pilted

My first sign of pre flower how exciting. I think it's to early to sex it yet, but moving in the right direction.
IMG 20220825 180036336 HDR
IMG 20220825 173644371 MP
IMG 20220825 173600622
IMG 20220825 173525002

Top Bottom