New To Coco

• Thread starter Mitgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Limonene

Limonene

Thanks man. the majority of plant matter in the foreground is 1 plant, silver mountain in an 8 litre pot. Ive had 22 ounces in an 8 litre pot before with amnesia haze and i reckon i could smash that result in the future!

madscrapper

madscrapper

Thanks man. the majority of plant matter in the foreground is 1 plant, silver mountain in an 8 litre pot. Ive had 22 ounces in an 8 litre pot before with amnesia haze and i reckon i could smash that result in the future!
Damn,,that's efficiency

madscrapper

madscrapper

Jacks is my answer there mixture and there stuff I add raw cane sugar very diluted.
I use Jacks too..stuff last forever..I have the Jacks hydroponic, calcium nitrate and I use epsom in the 321 recipe..also use Kool Bloom as a booster and a terp booster.I've been using it for over a year now.no issues.switching over to House&Garden's two part for awhile tho.just felt like switching it up.still have half my salts left.crazy efficient

hermit186

hermit186

In the early time I used molasses. Most of the people who use a sweetener have no idea what it dose and flavor isn't it. The carbohydrates are for the bugs in media and they care for dying root material. I have been cutting up my root balls and looking inside to see what is going on in there.
I use raw sugar cane which is evaporated at a low temperature (organic cane) this is just sugar no crap, sugar cane takes very little or no pestisides and nutrients are kept to a minum . Molasses not done carefully is one hell of a mess and is hard to get out of the equipment.

I messed with this and am still working one it but basically I am against messing with basic plant chemistry. http://www.mbferts.com/ theses people have a good how to manual I have had some luck and am trying it on my test grow tent. Boost and all the growth accelerants have Triacontanol in them and those that don't are not as good. There are several here who use it. If you decide to try it in with your sweetener add some dried seaweed as I see it, it is an important part I believe it helps to keep the Triacontanol in suspension and the enzymes are good for the plant.

madscrapper

madscrapper

In the early time I used molasses. Most of the people who use a sweetener have no idea what it dose and flavor isn't it. The carbohydrates are for the bugs in media and they care for dying root material. I have been cutting up my root balls and looking inside to see what is going on in there.
I use raw sugar cane which is evaporated at a low temperature (organic cane) this is just sugar no crap, sugar cane takes very little or no pestisides and nutrients are kept to a minum . Molasses not done carefully is one hell of a mess and is hard to get out of the equipment.

I messed with this and am still working one it but basically I am against messing with basic plant chemistry. http://www.mbferts.com/ theses people have a good how to manual I have had some luck and am trying it on my test grow tent. Boost and all the growth accelerants have Triacontanol in them and those that don't are not as good. There are several here who use it. If you decide to try it in with your sweetener add some dried seaweed as I see it, it is an important part I believe it helps to keep the Triacontanol in suspension and the enzymes are good for the plant.
My buddy has his own organic supply company..mycos,he makes Root Better,etc..he's doing bio coco now.he says he has to add coco once in awhile because the microbes eat it..
I'm not ready for organic/bio coco yet..although In veg i use teas and inoculate.I use humic/fulvic to brake down old material in the media,,as well as enzymes.
The Sugar cane also have vitimin b?sounds like that'd be a nice late bloom with the carbs to give that last push.
Firm beleaver in kelp.tons of good stuff.the more I talk about the more I miss true organics

hermit186

hermit186

Vit A and C no D Old grower said the same thing here and don't think he realized it was the sweetener he explained that after 4th gen it seemed mushee and retained water and that is why I recycle anything that doesn't get past the flip after then I use for garden grand tomatoes

madscrapper

madscrapper

Vit A and C no D Old grower said the same thing here and don't think he realized it was the sweetener he explained that after 4th gen it seemed mushee and retained water and that is why I recycle anything that doesn't get past the flip after then I use for garden grand tomatoes
Thats what im doing now too sort of..after two rounds,I'm gonna toss old coco outside for veggie garden.I used to reuse the crap outta my coco untill I noticed issues.it turned to mud and was suffercating the roots..that was like 5th gen coco tho

madscrapper

madscrapper

Sweeteners feed the bugs in the coco and they feed on the coco while they are eating died root material. Like the flower.
By 'bugs' do you mean microbe organisms?they good guys that live on the roots?

hermit186

hermit186

Mudscraper this is how I do it and for me it works I add 1 to 1.5 inches of the courses coco I can buy. I like it and has ended my problems. How it works if you put the course coco on the top it will keep the coco below it moist. When your coco has no opportunity to dry out therefore the salts don't dry out and crystallize out and once a week I take my sprayer and fill with ro water and 20ml of canazyme/gal. Then spray the top coco till you are sure its good and wet. It will drain thru and carry the salts back to the reservoir I do the every 7 to 10 days when I change out the reservoir.

You and I use a lot of the same techniques so after(if) you try this when the grow is over cut the lady put the pot somewhere and let it dry out a little then cut it open you will notice little or no salts.
My second point and bet you like this one when you put in bloom and run out of space and the plants are turning yellow at the end the leaf material that falls off or you knock off lands in the flow table and is carried to your strainer or it lands on dry coco and is dry in a day this keeps all the nasty's and bugs, mold, mildew at bay. Yes Microbes that live in the soil and eat dead or dying root matter and that is what the sugar feeds in a big way.

GEDC0005
GEDC0006
hermit186

hermit186

Before you ask ak47,strawberry Kush, White widow,
Because you use coco and understand that the pots are about 1/2 the size of dirt and dirt unless you cook it in an oven for a while has these naturally. I add mine. That is why is hard to over water and takes much less space

madscrapper

madscrapper

Mudscraper this is how I do it and for me it works I add 1 to 1.5 inches of the courses coco I can buy. I like it and has ended my problems. How it works if you put the course coco on the top it will keep the coco below it moist. When your coco has no opportunity to dry out therefore the salts don't dry out and crystallize out and once a week I take my sprayer and fill with ro water and 20ml of canazyme/gal. Then spray the top coco till you are sure its good and wet. It will drain thru and carry the salts back to the reservoir I do the every 7 to 10 days when I change out the reservoir.

You and I use a lot of the same techniques so after(if) you try this when the grow is over cut the lady put the pot somewhere and let it dry out a little then cut it open you will notice little or no salts.
My second point and bet you like this one when you put in bloom and run out of space and the plants are turning yellow at the end the leaf material that falls off or you knock off lands in the flow table and is carried to your strainer or it lands on dry coco and is dry in a day this keeps all the nasty's and bugs, mold, mildew at bay. Yes Microbes that live in the soil and eat dead or dying root matter and that is what the sugar feeds in a big way.
Nice..I like this.I recently moved rooms and never hooked up my drip emitter system back up,I'm gonna hand water untill I build my table,with a system like yours..
But yeah,I like what your doing.efficient. And your able to keep your little guys thriving even while using salts..I'm digging it

hermit186

hermit186

Those big plants are on a drip system I keep because it keeps my bed more flexible. I bring this up as you have it and Ebb and flow have a much larger evaporation rate than the drip. My 2 ebb and flow are run off a 55gal reservoir it evaporates 5gal of water every 3 days. I have my feeding mixture tuned to the plants and the ppm reading stay with 100ppm thru use by plants and evaporation. It took a while. Why I can add new water with that mix in the batch and adjust ppm to fit the given levels in the reservoir. Keeping my 1100 ppm to 1250ppm the pictures tell it all. Do my plants get the move to yellow leaf material yes, just in the last 10 days you can add some Epson salts but I don't is what the plant is supposed to do. Ponder this in your plan my next expansion will be to drip from ebb and flow because where I live it very dry and I want to see if there is a difference. The other reason is if you do this in the basement it has an effect on the air system in the house. At this time I get 3 or 4 add 5gal per reservoir change. Hand feeding is hard but you learn the most while your doing it. Also much of the problems are strain dependent I have always had 2 to 4 strains going at same time and if 4 plants are most wonderful and 2 look bad is strain and you learn to adjust with a kitchen cup load of the proper nutrients added directly to the ones needing an adjustment. Do they all look better ya pretty much but the ones that finish faster have the clock in the plant calling for what is stored in the water leaf.

madscrapper

madscrapper

Those big plants are on a drip system I keep because it keeps my bed more flexible. I bring this up as you have it and Ebb and flow have a much larger evaporation rate than the drip. My 2 ebb and flow are run off a 55gal reservoir it evaporates 5gal of water every 3 days. I have my feeding mixture tuned to the plants and the ppm reading stay with 100ppm thru use by plants and evaporation. It took a while. Why I can add new water with that mix in the batch and adjust ppm to fit the given levels in the reservoir. Keeping my 1100 ppm to 1250ppm the pictures tell it all. Do my plants get the move to yellow leaf material yes, just in the last 10 days you can add some Epson salts but I don't is what the plant is supposed to do. Ponder this in your plan my next expansion will be to drip from ebb and flow because where I live it very dry and I want to see if there is a difference. The other reason is if you do this in the basement it has an effect on the air system in the house. At this time I get 3 or 4 add 5gal per reservoir change. Hand feeding is hard but you learn the most while your doing it. Also much of the problems are strain dependent I have always had 2 to 4 strains going at same time and if 4 plants are most wonderful and 2 look bad is strain and you learn to adjust with a kitchen cup load of the proper nutrients added directly to the ones needing an adjustment. Do they all look better ya pretty much but the ones that finish faster have the clock in the plant calling for what is stored in the water leaf.
I make my rooms air tight.panda film and mylar walls.but I control temp/rh with intake from outside (during winter)and exhust connected to a carbon filter.also swinging fan to keep air moving above canopy level.everything dialed in nicely. Perfect temp and rh.so I'm fortunate in that regard.environment imo is #1.any evaporation gets sucked out were it used to collect on the ceiling as condasation.in the summer I have a nice standing ac/dehumidifier.but I still bring in fresh air to keep co2 levels replenished.it's humid in the north east during the spring/summer.I'm moving to AZ this summer tho so I'm gonna have to adjust quickly to a dryer environment. So now when I build my ebb and flow table down there,should I feed using the emitters to keep evaporation in check and then reciculate..keeping a lid in res as well.that's amazing how much is lost to evaporation in a dryer climate.I woulda never thought of adjusting ppm to account for it,glad u mentioned it

Top Bottom