New To Coco

• Thread starter Mitgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
madscrapper

madscrapper

Those big plants are on a drip system I keep because it keeps my bed more flexible. I bring this up as you have it and Ebb and flow have a much larger evaporation rate than the drip. My 2 ebb and flow are run off a 55gal reservoir it evaporates 5gal of water every 3 days. I have my feeding mixture tuned to the plants and the ppm reading stay with 100ppm thru use by plants and evaporation. It took a while. Why I can add new water with that mix in the batch and adjust ppm to fit the given levels in the reservoir. Keeping my 1100 ppm to 1250ppm the pictures tell it all. Do my plants get the move to yellow leaf material yes, just in the last 10 days you can add some Epson salts but I don't is what the plant is supposed to do. Ponder this in your plan my next expansion will be to drip from ebb and flow because where I live it very dry and I want to see if there is a difference. The other reason is if you do this in the basement it has an effect on the air system in the house. At this time I get 3 or 4 add 5gal per reservoir change. Hand feeding is hard but you learn the most while your doing it. Also much of the problems are strain dependent I have always had 2 to 4 strains going at same time and if 4 plants are most wonderful and 2 look bad is strain and you learn to adjust with a kitchen cup load of the proper nutrients added directly to the ones needing an adjustment. Do they all look better ya pretty much but the ones that finish faster have the clock in the plant calling for what is stored in the water leaf.
I'm a strain junky..we run over 20 strains at once sometimes.but yes I'm cheating myself as every strain has different needs and preferences. I'm not getting full potential outta my strains by feeding them all the same.trying hard to keep just the favorites and culling the rest.throughout the years I've collected alot of phenos I love tho.always trying new strains too.it'd be nice if I could get it under control and focus on just a few strains.I'm playing with %100 sativa and landrave soon amount the hybrids.I'm deffeintly gonna have to pay attention to individual needs now

Mr.Xagain

Mr.Xagain

15gl pots are pretty big, you may not need to water everyday as long as you water till you get 10% runoff. Imo 5gl is all you need to grow 6ft bushes. Your ppm's are pretty high to unless your at the 9th week or so. 80/20 coco perlite is my sweet spot. I grow in fabric pots so theres even more aeration in the root zone. I flush every 4 weeks with micro and enzymes. For final flush i go with molasses. Either way im sure you'll be happy with the results with coco. Best of luck to you.

madscrapper

madscrapper

15gl pots are pretty big, you may not need to water everyday as long as you water till you get 10% runoff. Imo 5gl is all you need to grow 6ft bushes. Your ppm's are pretty high to unless your at the 9th week or so. 80/20 coco perlite is my sweet spot. I grow in fabric pots so theres even more aeration in the root zone. I flush every 4 weeks with micro and enzymes. For final flush i go with molasses. Either way im sure you'll be happy with the results with coco. Best of luck to you.
I agree,,1 5gal is huge,,i pull 2zips per plant in one gal pots,but I'm also into smaller plants,and lots of them.
I do 60/40 perlite,but I'm also feeding 3 times a day w drip emitter set up,or once a day by hand.20% run off cause I was using salts.
At the end of the day,learn what u can but eventually ya gotta find what works for u.personally, I'm going back to making my own soiless organic mix.not cause either is better,just liked it more for my style. I think a good organic mix can grow just as/or almost as fast as coco,less work.but it's all debatable and personal preference.
One love to all ya'll.important thing is that we keep growing,teaching eachother,and moving forward with the hopes of one day growing in our front yards without fear.

E

EastCoast710

your not using coco effectively than. its ment to be watered everyday.. or multiple times a day.. to get the HYDRO LIKE GROWTH AND YIELDS. I notice. EVERY TIME I WATER I see growth. when I skip a day my plants skip a day? weird eh?

kushdaking

kushdaking

How are you able to have your girls that close to the Gavita with out burning them?? I've heard you needed atleast 2-3 ft from canopy.. I'm buying 6-8 of them and I'm curious how your doing it because it would give me more options on the mediums i use with the hopeS of running flood and drain tables and coco

Top Bottom